2 couples went, we're in our 50's/60's ,we spent a while looking at various holidays and this was chosen. Thankfully we did, the hotel , is very clean, recently refirbished to a good standard, modern fixtures with light colours and comfortable beds.
We were moved after a late night arrival as we were over the outside airconditionig unit ,this was arranged swiftly and with no bother , if i didn't want to use the balcony , it wouldn't probably have been a problem , but all one side of the hotel would have had this noise , so worth checking when they allocate your room.
The balcony's are in the main quite small , but have a small table and 2 plastic chairs so functional, the hotel had nearly all rooms with side views of the sea, but it is a lovely close view and as there is much activity in the bay interestibg to sit and watch . We were on the 6th floor which was lovely , better than lower down , also kiv some rooms are right over the stage and would be very noisy so avoid the first 2 floors. We considered upgrading so asked tolook at a suite, they had a sepaaret bedroom and lounge with a large balcony and a bath not just a shower, but the settee was basic and although the one we saw was in the front of the hotel i really didn't feel that it justified the extra 42 e per person per night , out room was just as comfortable if less spacious.
A pleasnt surprise was that the rooms had a kettle with cups and teaspoons but no coffee etc , we bought our own teabags - much better for me , so just brought sugar and milk up from the restaurant ( use the better milk in the cereal silver urn rather the the watery warm milk in the machine, we kept it in our room fridge for a few days . Nothing in the hotel bumf said anything about this.
There are lovely relaxing lounges , bars open until 12 at night , when the outside hotel lights were turned off , great , as it meant most then made they're way from the outside areas so there was little noise in the corridors through the night.
Pool etc -sun settees with suncovers which are great if you wanted to read but not be in the direct sun, which i wanted to do , but it allowed my hubby to go to the pool a few feet away , so the best of both worlds. 4 pools, we used the higher infinity pool which was deep enough -about 5 ft , with only a handful of people in at any time. Each night about 6 it was cleaned and the area tidied. The bottom larger pool was where all theh activities and children were,
Food- good varied selection, omeletts, eggs etc cooked as you want them , yes you need to wait a little , but if you are in a hurry there are usually some on the hot plate. Plentlyful salad selection, fresh pasta with what ever sause you wanted , stirfrys , grilled fish, meat , something for even the fussyest of guest , plus fresh fruit , yogurts and section of desserts , all the waiters were effecient, polite and excellent , especially our Miguel, we prefered to sit on the balcony at night and watch the sunset as we ate ,he even anticipated what were drinking , remembering what we liked from the night before and offering the wine and water as we sat down, that is what you call service. We booked and went to both the Spanish and Mexican Al a carte section of the restaurant, Carlos and his colleague were attentative and explained each course , both were really enjoyable evenings , good food, excellent service and the feeling of being thoroughally spoilt - fabulous.
All the staff we dealt with including Javi and Gina were super efficent and helpful, the cleaning staff were great and nothing was too much trouble( i asked from a bed spread - it arrived within the hour )
Entertainment -excellent, the proffesional entertainers especially the Blues Brothersand the Mowtown group has us all dacing and singing, we all really also enjoyed the lighthearted quizzs, parrot show and the Wildbirds , it was a shame that our only night out meant we missed most of the Charlie Chaplin act which was also very good.
Our only complain was that we were charged deposits for everything and 13e per day to park our hire car, which we felt was steep .
We would all recommend the hotel, it was a really relaxing week holiday, with attentive staff, comfortable surroundings, good food and entertainment in an easy accessable area, 3 mins from a lovely beach , plently of bars and shops around but with no noisy discos etc - we are definately coming back and definately all inclusive - we can't wait !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOVIMA Costa Adeje invites you to enjoy your holidays in an exclusive hotel in Playa Fañabé with a full range of services. The Hotel is located next to the beach, in the most beautiful and peaceful area of Costa Adeje. Discover our All Inclusive service as well as our high class rooms which are ideal for sophisticated guests with great expectations. Relaxation and comfort is what you can expect from your stay at HOVIMA Costa Adeje in Playa Fañabé. Enjoy the wonderful surroundings and the nature at a one of a kind location. HOVIMA Costa Adeje is exclusive for adults, minimum 16 years old (accompanied at least by an adult with more than 18 years). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your HOVIMA Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Costa Adeje Hotel Costa Adeje
- Esmeralda Hotel Tenerife
- HOVIMA Costa Adeje Tenerife