We stayed at the Luabay Costa Adeje from March 30th (Easter Saturday) until April 6th. From mixed reports on Trip Advisor I was sure I wasn’t going to like the place but it started to grow on me after a couple of days and I ended the week having enjoyed it all.
We were half board in a mainly all inclusive hotel so I thought there would be loads of children but there actually wasn’t. There were pools on 3 levels and any young children were mainly kept to the 2 lower levels where there were children’s pools. The upper level was an adult pool. It appeared to me to be a very civilised all inclusive with very little queuing for anything.
We booked a superior room which gave us a high floor with side sea views of the pool / sea to the left & mountains to the right (sun on this side of the hotel from before 5pm until sundown as long as you are on a higher floor). If you want morning/early afternoon sun on the balcony choose a room on the car park side of hotel). As others have stated there is a lack of drawers, only 3 behind the sliding wardrobes. There was plenty of space in the room where other drawers could have been placed. The full length glass door on the bathroom is also a bad idea, the door must be extremely heavy which puts a great strain on the door frame. There is no upright chair in the room, we had to bring the balcony chairs in from time to time.
The room itself is a standard size with twin beds which were comfortable and with spotless sheets (change twice weekly). There were 2 bedside tables (no drawers!). Below the flatscreen TV (only BBC news & Sky news English channels) there is a long unit to put things on and room underneath and at the side to store cases. Within this unit was a fridge (free) and we were left a free litre of water each day. There was also tea/coffee making facilities, bathrobes, slippers.
The sliderobes had plenty of hangers and the safe €14.70 per week + €10 returnable deposit) was placed on top of the 3 drawer unit within the sliderobes.
The bathroom had a walk in shower which could wet the bathroom floor quite easily if the water flow wasn’t kept under control. Towels were changed daily if required.
Pool towels can be hired for €15 each (returnable at end of holiday) and exchanged for dry ones at reception when desired.
The balcony was quite small with 2 chairs and a small table. However because the ‘walls’ of the balcony were made of Perspex glass and we could see through it the balcony seemed a bit bigger. There was a small clothes dryer to hang your washing.
So many complained on Trip Advisor about the food but I thought it was good with a varied choice and a cooking station where breakfast/dinner could be cooked to your choice. If the food wasn’t warm enough there was a microwave. The restaurant could be very busy in the evening but we never had any problem getting a seat, but it was quite noisy. Breakfast time in the restaurant was much quieter if you were there around 9am. They also did ‘specialist meal’ nights in part of the restaurant but as we were not all inclusive customers we could not attend.
The hotel was spotlessly clean from reception/bar area/public toilets/bedrooms etc. and all the staff we met were lovely and very helpful.
We emailed the hotel prior to arrival and asked for the floor we wanted on the pool side and got it no problem, we also booked directly with the hotel as they had offers on.
The evening entertainment wasn’t great but because most had paid for all inclusive they wouldn’t leave but we liked to go out walking in the evening and just saw the end of the entertainment on our return.
We did enjoy our week here, the hotel is in a great position and I would try another week here at a later stage. For the money it was a good choice in a spotless hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOVIMA Costa Adeje invites you to enjoy your holidays in an exclusive hotel in Playa Fañabé with a full range of services. The Hotel is located next to the beach, in the most beautiful and peaceful area of Costa Adeje. Discover our All Inclusive service as well as our high class rooms which are ideal for sophisticated guests with great expectations. Relaxation and comfort is what you can expect from your stay at HOVIMA Costa Adeje in Playa Fañabé. Enjoy the wonderful surroundings and the nature at a one of a kind location. HOVIMA Costa Adeje is exclusive for adults, minimum 16 years old (accompanied at least by an adult with more than 18 years). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your HOVIMA Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Costa Adeje Hotel Costa Adeje
- Esmeralda Hotel Tenerife
- HOVIMA Costa Adeje Tenerife