“Lovely Hotel”
Review of HOVIMA Costa Adeje

HOVIMA Costa Adeje
Ranked #22 of 61 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Just got back from a relaxing holiday now called Hovima, hotel was beautiful and could not fault with my fiancé. There was always somebody cleaning inside and outside, a large selection of food at breakfast, lunch and dinner something for everyone. Sea Views from pool area and some rooms on the pool side unfortunately we were at the back of the hotel and didn't have a very nice view but you could still see the sea a little, the room was always clean and fresh looking. one day we put the do not clean on the door all day until we went for dinner at 6.30 an thought the cleaners had gone by then but no went back to room and it was spotless they must be watching on cameras till they are allowed home :-)
Pool area has 3 levels in the middle there is a snack bar beware of soggy sandwiches choose wisely! The bar also didn't always get what you meant by rum and coke an got vodka and coke, beer was safe though best to watch what they are doing! Most people spoke English but not always very well hence the mis-communication at the bar. Sun lounges were comfortable and they also had sofas at the very back which were shaded (still warm but out of the sun), that was nice on our last day of holiday when we just wanted to chill in afternoon before our flight.
Excursions I personally wouldn't buy from the Thompson Reps as you can get some excursions a lot cheaper so shop around before you commit, just do not buy from people with clipboards standing in the street!
The hotel is still changing and new things appeared daily for example plants and flowers which made it look less bare especially as it is pretty much marble everywhere inside, a games room inside where what looked like a shop used to be.
I will definitely go back all inclusive next time and hopefully no screaming children as from September its adults only, best holiday yet!

Room Tip: Ask for pool view room.
2  Thank jlt2g09
Write a ReviewReviews (3,170)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Just got back from a fantastic week at Hovima hotel from 7th June to 14th June with my fiance. well worth the money we spent on a weeks all inclusive here.

The food was great and lots of choices were available. However they should really label all the food, there were a lot of dishes which I never came across but didn't know what it was as they were not labelled. Apart from this, me and my fiancé enjoyed the meals especially breakfast. We had dinner there a few times but it can get repetitive so we did go to other restaurants too.

Everywhere was spotless with rooms cleaned every day for us and fresh towels were given on a daily bases. The hotel looks fantastic and looks posh with the marble flooring and walls. One thing which was annoying is that the hotel does not provide an iron. We had to pay a deposit for the iron and a deposit for beach towels. we did receive back our deposit when we left but it was annoying having to pay deposits in the first place.

One thing which did annoy me the most, is that the hotel made us pay 25 euros for WIFi, which should in fact be free. Most hotels these days have free WIFi however the Hovima made us pay ,which we did as I wanted to Skype our family. However the WIFI never worked! My laptop would not connect to it at all, and my mobile phone would connect but the internet was extremely slow that I never used it. This was very disappointing and I never got a refund for this.

Apart from the WIFi, we did not any other problems. Our room was great and the bathroom was beautiful. One thing with room 348, the temperature of the water kept changing! one minute it would be too hot and the next it would be extremely cold. They should definitely have a look at this.

Overall me and my fiancé had an incredible time at the Hovima hotel! apart from the minor problems i have highlighted, we loved the food and the unlimited cocktails. The hotel could do with new ideas for entertainment and really need to sort out the WIFI there. apart from this, Costa Adeje is absolutely beautiful. the hotel's location is perfect, so close to the beach and town. Would definitely recommend and go back there! :)

1  Thank Nishh
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Having never been to Tenerife we were a bit cautious especially after reading some reviews on here but must say we had a fabulous holiday. Rooms were cleaned daily, hotel was spotless, plenty sunbeds and great choice of food. Met some brilliant people, Hazel and Arthur from Wales, Pauline and George from Exeter and Jim and Christine from Stirling, had many good night's in the bar with them when the entertainment wasn't great. The entertainment could be better, get rid of Freddie Mercury tribute act (terrible!) but the 3 Tenors tribute were amazing. Only other downside noise from couple in adjoining room arguing/shouting each night. Would definitely return to this hotel though.

1  Thank nicksy6
Reviewed 14 June 2014

recently returned from a 1 week trip to the luabay at the beginning of may. the hotel has now recently changed names and is the the hovima . and has also been recently refurbished and redecorated. everywhere was spotlessand beautifully layed out .
the room was spacious with a lovely balcony with table and chair which I would sit out on in the evening and read a magazine and drink a coffee perfect way to relax before dinner. every evening we got the sun it was lush !
2 double beds which I found not very comfy but saying that I slept very well every night and my mum thought they were fine so its probs just me ! tv had loads of channels mostly Spanish obvs but we did find bbc news and sky news I found myself watching the Spanish Disney channel everynight and the programs were in English !
in the room there is a fridge and every day there is a complimentary large bottle of water left.
having read the reviews previously a lot of people complained about the bathroom and the shower making the room wet. well I can say don't worry the bathroom is actually a WET ROOM so yes its gunna get wet haha . but I didn't over flow or go anywhere else honestly our bathroom was lovely !
another worry we had was reserving sunbeds. we never had a problem and there was always plently of sunbeds to choose from on 3 levels . the sunbds are now wickers so really posh ! there is a snack bar outside for during the day where you can get any drink you want from soft drinks or acholic drinks to tea and coffee and cake and chips. there was not 1 drink I wasn't aloud on all inclusive I could have anything which was great as in the past there have been restrictions at other hotels.
we spent most days round the pool and I joined in the animation teams daily activities. just like to shout out to isco and carman thanks guys you were awesome and made my holiday ! thse guys single handidly run the daily activicites which are varied and really fun. I especially loved water polo !
food was very good plenty to choose from even for me and im lactose intolerant and they even had soya milk at breakfast so I could have it with my celeral. they had a wide variety at every meal and all hot and very tasty . deserts were the only repetitive thing but I got so full on main I never wanted any anyway !
the evening entertainment was the best ive seen and I would actually pay to watch it. every night there was 2 acts and all of them were brilliant from oul singers to elvis to blues brothers to parrot shows and snake shows and acrobats . seriously id deffo recoment you stay in and watch them. entertainment finished at 11 and drinks stopped at 12. and they turned the lights out and basically told you to go to bed haha. although me and a friend used to go out until the early hours and the didn't lock the doors or anything just gave you a stern look lol. ofcorse night time was very quiet so no complaints there and like I said I slept really well !
location is amazing its near everything ! the beach is like a 5 min walk and there are shops bars and resteruants on your door step. I would recommend if you do go out in the evening take a visit to the ohana chill out bar for some amazing coctails and shisha . had some awesome nights there and the staff are lovely !
overall I loved this hotel and would recommend it to EVERYONE hopefully I will return !

Room Tip: ask from a partial sea view . it was a full on sea view amazing !
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank turgutreislover
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Our experiences of this hotel are average but not brilliant. The staff are really friendly and really make it a good experience. Carlos and Derla (in the restaurant) we so accommodating and welcoming and really made a difference to our experience. The actual rooms aren't bad although note to families there are no baths in normal rooms! Apparently there are only baths in a certain number of rooms (suites). We found this misleading as we thought this hotel catered for families. Another thing to note is that the tea and coffee making facilities it advertises cost extra. The Thomson reps were very accommodating and got us a kettle to use for free as we complained there was nowhere to boil our little boys water. We found that the heated pool was cold it was warmer than the childrens pool which was freezing! But not hot enough for our little man who was 11 months old. And as it was advertised as a heated pool it obviously wasn't heated as much as we expected it to be. The biggest annoyance we had with the hotel was the fact that one of the nights in the two weeks we were there the staff had their christmas party (we flew back Xmas eve and the party was around the 20th December). There was no warning that the music would be so loud and we were only two floors up. The music was being played till 3am and our little boy woke because the music was so loud it was terrible. When we went down at 1am and complained they said sorry and it would only be on another half hour but then went on till about 3am!! Terrible service and no proper warning about this. Not good at all especially with a little person!
Food was fine, no problems with that. Good variety and there are microwaves to heat baby food and milk etc.Waiting staff are all very nice and the a la carte restaurants have nice food especially the Mexican! Pool was a good size and for the time of year we went we always got a sun lounger. The hotel was well cleaned and no problems with that. Local beach is about 15 mins walk away, dark sand not that nice really and we weren't too impressed with Costa Adeje as an area either. We took our little man to the play area which one of the other guests told us about and it was more for grown up children (about 5years plus). To be honest it wasn't a very family orientated hotel in general and there are probably much better ones for children in the area.Finally one of the things they said is no drinks to be taken up to the room. We took them up every night and sat on balcony because our little one went to bed about 8pm. There were no problems with doing this. Only thing is the cleaning staff do not always take away the glasses. We won't be returning to this hotel but its not too bad just wasn't great for us and our needs.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just got back from a fantastic week here. Cannot give this hotel anything other than fantastic and well worth the money we spent on a weeks all inclusive here.

Food was amazing with so many choices for each of the three meal times.

Everywhere was spotless with rooms cleaned every other day and fresh towels etc. evening entertainment left something to be desired. The three tenors and Elvis were my favourites.

Carmen and Francesco worked so hard everyday to make us there were opportunities for all guests to join in around the pool.

Tori was a font of all knowledge re Tenerife and what she doesn't know she can find out!

We did the shake and dolphin trip which was a highlight of our break. We booked through reps but it may be worth going to the harbour yourself as I am sure I could get it cheaper and you don't need the coach to pick u up as it is a five minute walk.

We took a kettle with us and two mugs from the dining hall for a pre breakfast coffee, u don't need towels as can hire them.

All in all. We were impressed and would recommend and return if holidaying here again.

Room Tip: We asked for a sea view by emailing hotel direct. Ask for room number over 15 for best view.
6  Thank Frost3
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Second time I've been back in the last year - now the hotel as hovima. A great location with 5 minutes from the beach with a pool bar serving drinks and snacks all day the cocktails could do with being stronger but really couldn't fault it in the main dinner suite there could be more variety but everything I've had has been lovely with the beach front been so close we have had a few meals out. Some of the entertainment is brilliant and other acts aren't worth watching but there is lots to do outside the hotel! Everywhere is very clean and the staff are all very friendly!

• Stayed: June 2014