Booked in February, the child friendly hotel Costa Adeje Palace was our top pick (within the budget available). We organised the holiday through Thomas Cook.
Three pools, kids club, by the sea and evening entertainment, it was an obvious choice.
With excellent variety of foods, full catering for my intolerances (gluten, wheat), and a 'picky up place' (Zachary's term for 'buffet') for breakfast and dinner, everyone was happy food wise.
The pools were well maintained, lightly chlorinated (enough to keep clean, not enough that you can't open your eyes, so Zachary didn't need goggles!) and big!
The room was spacious (room enough for three), but the downside with hotel rooms and small children is the lack of multiple bedrooms. Putting a child to bed, then remaining in the room trying to entertain yourselves (cards, tv) is difficult. Any excuse to stay awake, they'll use. Fortunately a combination of the blackout curtains and exhaustive daytime play meant there was no early morning surprises. But it was clean (a common feature of the hotel), had a daily turn-down service, in room tea, coffee, TV, fridge, and functional shower. And it was just a short distance from any facilities, bliss.
When choosing a holiday destination with children in mind, the holiday clubs and activities are important. While this was a trip with Zachary, for us to spend time with Zachary, we were also mindful he's not going to want to spend all his time with his folks, and there may be the odd couple of hours we want some peace too.
Again, this hotel didn't disappoint, with a full children's program from 10am through until 9pm. There were pool games, dressing up, golf, treasure hunt, table tennis, a variety show, and every night, the mini disco!.
This wasn't the club like in Menorca where Zachary didn't want to go in it, he was practically begging us to go and join in, no matter what we were doing (even while eating his ice cream, the moment mini disco started, he was gone!)
There was a slight sadness within when time came to pack up and head home. Zachary has already asked if we can go back next year; that's quite a seal of approval.
We would certainly use, and recommend, using Thomas Cook again. This is the second time in two years, with the first being our honeymoon, that we've used the company. From the moment we checked into the airport to when we walked off the plane having arrived back in the UK, they were courteous, went above-and-beyond to be helpful, and great with Zachary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located next to the sea on the Costa Adeje and with direct access to La Enramada beach, the H10 Costa Adeje Palace is the ideal location to enjoy Tenerife’s balmy weather and discover this magnificent island. Featuring comfortable rooms with their own terrace, a wide range of dining options that includes the El Jable restaurant with international buffet and show cooking, the a la carte restaurant La Tosca and the Teppanyaki Sakura restaurant, Chill-Out area, the Despacio Spa Centre with a wide range of treatments and its Privilege, Exclusive Rooms and Services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TravelUp, Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your H10 Costa Adeje Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Costa Adeje Palace Hotel Costa Adeje
- H10 Costa Adeje Palace Tenerife