“Overall nice hotel”

Ranked #33 of 57 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Dudley
“Overall nice hotel”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Arrived around teatime on our first day check in was very quick and the receptionist was very imformative.

We were on the 5th floor and the walk to our room was quite long, we were litterally at the end of the corridor. Rooms are very modern and spacious. The only complaint I would have is there are no plugs by the mirrors which is really annoying when you want to dry and straighten your hair. There is a plug in the bathroom but its not ideal to have electrial goods plugged in, in a damp enviroment.

The resturant had a good selection of foods for breakfast, lunch and evening meals. You can also get snacks from the pool bar. We were all inclusive which was a little bit annoying as you don't get given a wrist band you have to carry a card around with you at all times to show bar/restaurant staff, after a few days they do get to know you so you don't have to show it all the time.

I did find some of the staff a little bit abrupt, but others were lovely.

The pool area is great it gets sun on most of it until after 1900.

Would recommend the chill out bar it's not included in all inclusive but is really good down there, the weekend they have a DJ on.

There is not much around the hotel a few shops, a restaurant and a bar. If you want nightlife then Playa Las Americas is about 15 minutes in a taxi.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Traveller021985
tenrife60, Community Manager at H10 Costa Adeje Palace, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I truly appreciate your valuable feedback and sincerely thank you for taking the time to share it with us.
I am glad to hear that you found our hotel comfortable and that our staff met your every need.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to H10 Costa Adeje Palace upon your next trip to Tenerife.

María Lorenzo, Community Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel was excellent, clean, quiet and definitely 4 star!

We arrived late afternoon on Sunday 1st of June and knew immediately we were more than happy with the hotel we had chosen. We stayed for 7 days on an all inclusive basis and it was great!

The rooms were spacious and turned down daily. The food was excellent every day we were there with a great choice and amount available.The show cooking also brought a nice touch meaning we always knew our food was very fresh. A good selection of wine and drinks were available at dinner times. Most evenings we sat in Alicia's section and she was hilariously funny! Even if we did make her life a little difficult!

Many people in their reviews seem to suggest that get the "privilege" add on is a must to enjoy this hotel but this is simply not true.

The extra add on's are simply not worth the additional cost when all inclusive already provides you with almost everything you would want. Food and drink are available all day, even by the pool. There are plenty of seats and loungers so you never don't have somewhere to sit or stay. And the quality of food in the restaurant is so good I can't imagine paying the extra for the al a cart menu seems pointless.

Would 100% think about coming back again!

Amanda and Duncan

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Well we have just come back from a 2 weeks stay at the Costa adaje palace and we had a fantastic time there. The staff there are very friendly and attentive, from the time we arrived till the time we left.we had a see view room And we were very pleased with it, it was cleaned every day.the pool area and gardens were very clean and tidy.the food was very nice and varied we had no problems with what to have at meal times.All in all we can honestly say that our stay there Was a very pleasant one and we will be definitely going back there very soon.

Room Tip: High floors do have a better view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maureen Poole P

Ardglass, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 1 week on a half board basis at the beginning of June 2014.
The service at the reception, bars and restaurants was excellent. The room maids were very discreet and non obtrusive. The room was kept immaculately clean.
The hotel provided all the services that you would expect from a 4 star holiday hotel.
The food in the buffet restaurant was varied and good and catered for all nationalities. As other reviewers have said the did not seem to be many british guests so it was good to try food from around other parts of the world.
The room I had was fairly modern and easily accessible from the reception area. I could get wifi in my room which was fairly fast.
The area around the hotel is quiet, which is why I stay here, with a supermarket and a couple of bars and restaurants just across the street. The village of La Caleta is a 7 minute walk away. It has some nice fish restaurants and a few oriental restaurants.
The local bus stop is just 3 minutes walk away and this will take you to Playa de las Americas were you can travel to anywhere on the island. Much cheaper than going on an organised bus trip.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Laurence72

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Just got back from a 9 day holiday at the Costa adeje palace in Tenerife. Reading some of the previous reviews, I wonder whether I went to the same hotel as I can not think of many negatives about the hotel.

The hotel is gorgeous!!! it has a massive reception area, which we enjoyed sitting in enjoying a cocktail and listening to the evening piano and singing entertainment. Beautiful flower displays in reception.

Our room was situated on the side of the hotel facing the sheraton and was the largest room I have ever stayed in. The rooms are kept clean by very friendly maids. Wifi is free, just ask at reception for a code and they will print it off for you. My first code only lasted for 7 days so just went back and asked for another one which was no trouble. Wifi was limited in my room however I was able to get it around the pool area and in reception. Walking from our room to the pool gave us a great view of the duck pen that they have in the garden area. They had some little baby ducks while we were there. I have to give a mention to the gardeners as they keep the area so well pruned - they work really hard, so well done.

Initially I was worried about getting a sunbed as the hotel has so many rooms and people staying there, however it was not a problem at all. A few days we would go out for the morning and return to sunbathe in the afternoon and there was always beds available. You can rent towels between the hours of 9-1 and then again at 3-6 (when the pool itself is not to be used, however you are still allowed to remain around the pool). There is a lovely waterfall feature which is nice listening to when sunbathing... really makes it tranquil.There are 4 pools to choose from with a bar situated in the middle which sells a variety of drinks (my favourite the frozen frappelatte) and meals. The handmade pizza's there are truly delicious and are so big, that the second day we decided to share.

This hotel is massive!!!! I ended up getting lost a fair few times (could do with a few more signs around the hotel) however this just made for a more enjoyable and funny stay. Similarly when it came to the organised activities in the day, there was not a location specified for each activity and so was difficult to find where to go. However the entertainment team are often wandering around the hotel and pool area, so you can just ask them where to go. I loved taking part in the aquagym classes, they are held in the indoor pool which was nice as i didn't have to worry about my shoulders getting burnt by the sun.

If you have ever stayed at a H10 hotel before, you will know that the food is great. There is a buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. Champagne for breakfast is a great way to toast to a lovely holiday. Loved all their handmade pastries too.
Often the evening meal will follow a specific cuisine. For example while there, there was a french cuisine night, japanese night with sushi made fresh infront of you, spanish etc and a night where they had an amazing display of sweets and chocolate fountains (accompanied by really nice salad, just to even out the sugar overdose). The pasta is made fresh in front of you , there can be a little wait as you are getting your food personalized by choosing the type of pasta, accompaniments and sauce etc but it is definitely worth the wait. I cannot speak highly enough of the waiters/ress as they are very prompt, never sat down long before they serve you a drink or remove your used plates etc. Alicia in particular was lovely!!! she always greeted us with 'hola chicas', had little jokes with us and asked what we had done in the day.

If undecided about whether to go all inclusive or half board, I would definitely recommend half board. Every day I'd want to try so much of the lovely food at breakfast that I would only have an ice cream or something small for lunch and then I was hungry again for dinner time.
Additionally if considering the privilege deal, I would suggest against it as during the day sitting around the pool you are sectioned off from the other guests and during the night there is a separate section of reception reserved however you are further away from the music/singing and your surrounded by walls (personally think it looks very antisocial and weird).

Just outside of the hotel is a lovely view point, looking out over the ocean and you get a great view of the hotel in it's entirety.
There is a lovely coastal pathway that runs from the back of the hotel right along the coast. During the daytime you can see various white sand beaches, a walk on the cliff (not recommended to go in flip flops), shopping centres (small personal shops) and ice cream shops.
Great atmosphere at night as there are lots of people bustling about and the restaurants dotted along the front have really made a great effort to light their restaurants nicely so is beautiful to walk past.

There is a free shuttle bus which takes you to las americas (about 20 minutes). In the morning you have to get a ticket from reception, as it is only a minibus so they need to allocate numbers, however in the afternoon you just turn up (the bus stops running during the afternoon for siesta period).

Like a few other reviews have expressed, there was not many English at all staying in the hotel and many french, However I loved this. Let me really get away from it all and relax in another country.

Overall a fantastic holiday! Cannot praise more highly.

Room Tip: 488 overlooks the sheraton and is away from the poolside so has less noise during the night time.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Karen G

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Positive:
- food is very good quality and a lot of choice, available even if you're a little late for breakfast
- cleaning ladies do a very good job
- great views from the room
- nice pools and pool area
- children friendly
- transfer to Playa de las Américas
Negative:
- we booked a junior suite which didn't feel like an upgrade (apart from bigger size room) as all services are charged extra as privilege package
- no internet connection in the room or on balcony (tried multiple devices)
- bathroom old dated, not always hot water
- only one electric plug in the room that actually worked
- weird light arrangement where you can't have only your night lamp on without having to have the main panel light on
- some of the stuff were not very nice
- on couple of occasions milk with the coffee in the morning was basically water with a dash of milk to make it white
- quite loud music outside from two sources (can be a positive for guests wanting to join in)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your opinions and comments, this is the only way to improve the quality and service of your stay and change any mistakes that have been made.

We feel sorry that we could not reach your expectation during your stay with us. Our mission is for you to enjoy your holiday in a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere. We are sorry that we could not be successful in your case.

We only hope that you are willing to give us another chance to regain your confidence in H10 and hope to be able to welcome you back.

My sincere apologies,

Swaffham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I decided very last minute to have a week's holiday on Tenerife. Rather than spend hours searching the internet ourselves we visited our local (and very friendly) travel agents for them to just find something quickly for us. Our only stipulations were: a four star hotel, room with a balcony or terrace and in a quiet area. Our agent suggested the Costa Adeje region, and the Adeje Palace Hotel came up as having availability. We were able to fly from a fairly local airport and from the start of our journey everything was perfect. The hotel is set at the very end of the Costa Adeje coast, nearly into Caletta, but for us it was ideal. The moment we walked into the large foyer we felt there was a serenity about the place. It is a large hotel and although not full, was very busy. Yet we never felt it was too noisy or too busy. It was beautifully maintained and very clean, staff were all very helpful and polite, and even the food was excellent. The restaurant was self-service (and ideally we prefer to be waited on), but the selection of foods on offer was very good, well presented and hot.

We had a top floor room which was a very good size, spacious and clean, as also was the bathroom. Good storage space and plenty of hangers for our clothing. There are not tea and coffee facilities in the rooms, but you can pay to have them (which we did). That seemed quite expensive but it was nice to have the supplies in our room. They even supplied bottles of water along with the teabags, coffee and herbal teas, milk and sugar.. We could have always got a tea or coffee at one of the bars, a cup of tea was 2 euros, so I suppose we were better off having our own in our room.

There are two large swimming pools and a children's pool also a Jacuzzi. There were also large gardens which were beautifully maintained. Whatever time of day we chose to go to the pool we never struggled to get sunbeds. Beach towels are provided. There seem to be various activities going on throughout the days (arranged by the Fram leisure staff), but we didn't partake! In fact we had a nice relaxing week doing nothing much at all. We were very happy in our surroundings. We did walk into Playa de las Americas one day as we are keen walkers, but the hotel do run a courtesy bus for those who prefer. We also walked to La Caletta one day, seems that is the place to go for good fish restaurants.

We didn't use the spa facilities, so am unable to comment on that. Considering we didn't do any homework or spend any real time looking for a suitable hotel, we couldn't complain about anything with our holiday and would be very happy to return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple