Sorry bit of a long one here.
Just back from a week here. What a relaxing one too. Check in was a breeze with welcome glass of cava. We checked in fairly late evening after the restaurant had closed, but no matter is we needed to eat plenty of local usual fayre near the hotel. I would say the hotel is definitely more Playa de Las Americas than Adeje.
The sea view standard room was good, modern and fairly well equipped, not masses of storage for those who have multiple suitcases. We had a corner room with no noise, which also gave us a view of the pools. The shower was powerful. The bathroom had not been updated recently but was clean and not shabby. Shampoo, shower gel was provided but not face clothes. The hair dryer was the usual hotel sort (small and finger held on variety). Beds are quite firm.
We asked at reception for tea making facilities, which they provided the next day, but very limited milk, tea, coffee, which was not topped up, so rather than begging for it just bought our own from the supermarket across the road.
The buffet restaurant was used for breakfast and evening meal, fantastic choice and quality, same with the evening meal with loads of choices. They were bringing out fresh dished constantly. Yes there was the usual moaners boohoo to them,but we couldn't fault it, the hotel was full the 1st couple of days and they still kept the buffet food topped up and fresh. We were asked what time we wanted to dine and allocated a table for the whole week. Speedy seating too.
Loved the modern feel to the exterior, modern comfortable and very clean. If I was being really picky the quiet pool could do with a little TLC.
Now the problem bit the internet was terrible had to go to the internet café (not available in public areas as said in brochure) to get connected to wifi but was intermittent and more often not working. In this day and age you expect better, we don't want to spend hours of our precious holiday trying to get wifi just to check in with family back home. You have to get new password etc from reception but not a problem to them.
All in all a good Europian 4* with no kids
Oh if you peckish there is a great café (Cozi Café) just round the corner that does the most amazing cakes nd sandwiches, go out of the main entrance turn left, past the tradesmans entrance to the hotel, turn left down the next road and it's on the right near the top. Beware you may be to0 full to eat your evening meal!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The H10 Gran Tinerfe hotel is an "only adults", is located in the south of Tenerife on the Costa Adeje, right on the seafront. It has three swimming pools and sports facilities for enjoying your holiday time. Its wide-ranging culinary offering will bring you the best of local and international dishes. Hotel guests receive free admission to the Playa de las Americas Casino, which is located in the same building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, H10 Hotels, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your H10 Gran Tinerfe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Gran Tinerfe Hotel Costa Adeje
- h10 Gran Tinerfe Resort
- Gran Tinerfe Tenerife
- H10 Gran Tinerfe Costa Adeje, Tenerife