“We loved it cant understand why bad reviews”

Tagoro Family & Fun Costa Adeje
Ranked #25 of 60 Hotels in Costa Adeje
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Weve just got back from villa tagoro thier was eight of us in our party including two children one 3 and one 7, we went for my sons 18th birthday, and I cant understand why anyone can complain about it, we were in rooms 108, 109 and 111 and they were spotless when we arrived and cleaned out every day the beds were changed twice while we were there which was more than enough, towels were changed daily if needed. All the staff are very helpful and friendly, and the food is fantastic with a good choice and evening menu,s are changed daily we were there 11 nights an we didnt find it the same each night. The kids were well looked after with kids club and a mini disco and the childrens reps were great. My only complaint is the sunbeds good points you cant get one before 9am because they are chained up so you get abit of sleep in, bad points its one mad rush at 9 altough I didnt experience an unpleasantness, if you want an umbrella be prepared to get up before 7, apart from the sunbed issue ( which wouldnt stop me going) it was fantastic 4 stars all the way,

Room Tip: rooms 108, 107,106,105,104 all have pool views
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank skipNotts

Reviewed 19 July 2011

This Hotel was a very nice place stay, and the weather was great.
This Hotel is about 20 mins away from the airport, depending who you transfer with.
It is based up a hill and is quite steep in places.
There is wheel chair access around the hotel, but again there is a lot of steep slopes.
The accommodation varies from, self catering, half board, to all inclusive.
We we're in room 124 on the ground floor.
At least this room was further away from the entertainment that went on till midnight.
The room was clean, but the front door always got stuck on the floor when you opened it.
This seemed to be the norm with most of the rooms.
The maid service was good but we only got the bed sheets changed once in the fortnight..
We found the reception staff very welcoming and helpful.
The animation team we're the best of all.
They worked their socks off, all day long.
The kids and adults we're both looked after, and felt welcome.
The food was good, but i found that most of the meat was cooked in salt.
There is plenty of choice , and if you get board there are eating places around the hotel.
Just down the road there is a shopping plaza, with shops,cinema and food outlets.
There is a chinese at the end of the plaza, with a buffet , all you can eat for 6 euros.
This was great food , and we went back again.
We went to the beach and this was nothing to shout about.
The norm, black volcanic sand, thats sharp on the feet.
There are cock roaches around, and we only had one in the bath one time, in all the time we we're there.
You will need to be waiting for a sunbed and umbrella from 8-30am as they don't unlock the beds while 9am.
The problem with the beds and umbrella's is that so many of them are broken, but can easily be repaired.
Would we go back to this hotel ?
Yes we would, but there are plenty of other places in the world to see.
May be in a few years time.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 18 July 2011

This was our second stay at Dream Villa Tagoro and once again had a fab time. Staff friendly and helpfull, nothing ever to much bother for them. Food was good always plenty to choose and I have 2 fussy eaters but there was always something they would eat and we always got them to try something different each night. Rooms spacious and very clean maid service every day. Local Animation Team are great (especailly with the little ones) my 2 are too old for the kids club but they joined in with the pool activities and had a great time. Ok so the entertainment could be better at night but at the end of the day your holiday is what you make it so join in and have some fun, and if the kids are happy then your happy. You can easily walk to the beach and take a walk along the harbour and into Los Christanios very nice, stop at one of the many bars/cafes for a small refreshement. Booked up again for next year as we had such a good time came back from a walk one night to find a bottle of champers at out door, which I thought was a nice touch. Dont be put off from any of the negative reviews.

1  Thank Hollywood1106
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Stayed 26th June 2011 for 10 nights with me 28 kids 2 and 8 plus nan and grandpa.

Staff - got to the hotel at 9.15pm and was greeted by lovely man Raphael, he filled us in on all the details we needed for all inclusive and told us the restaurant was open till 10 and to go eat. He asked if I needed cot for my son as he is only just 2 but they had made a bed for him. cot was delivered and made up within 10 mins! Got to our rooms (186 & 178) and I had an issue with the door/key. Raphael got straight onto maintenance man who sorted it straight away. nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

Rooms - perfect for what we needed, good size and secure balcony to let my 2 year old run aroud on. Cleaned everyday and fresh towels. There are some things that colud be better (fixtures and fitting, replaster outside of room) but these are not things that bother us. The one thing I will say is that it would of been nice to have some water/snack in the fridge when we got there as too late to go to shop! Also the pillow. I will be taking my own next time! say no more!

Sun beds - it is true. U have to wait for them to be unlocked then its a mad dash to get your sunbed in its place! but we managed it ok! some ppl were rude and unhelpful but we found that everyone helped each other! Plus the whole pool area is scrubbed every morning and I would prefer to wait for sunbed and have a clean pool area!!

Ok Cockroaches - I have a MASSIVE phobia of them and altough I did see a few they were in the little plant areas/dark areas. I made the situation worse by using the biggest can of cockroach killer to spray the area which sent them running everywhere! what I would say is DO NOT let this put you off, I spoke to other people who hadnt seen any at all!

Food - I found something to eat at every meal. I struggeled a little with the kids after the 1st week, but McDonalds right behind if needed. Eating out for a change is so reasonable, for 8 euro u can have starter main and pudding, kids meal around 2.50-3 euro. Soft drinks are about 2.80 but a pint is only a euro in most places! Snacks are ok. same as anywhere really, chips,burgers..... Some ppl on here moan that popcorn was out as part of the snacks every night but the kids loved it!

Area - We love to walk! It took about 20 mins to walk down to the beach and shops. Getting back is hard work as it is all up hill and pushing a buggy really burned my legs!! But it was not a problem and helped me loose a few pounds!

Trips - We went to Aqualand as kids are young and had more slides that they could go on here than at siam park. Little tip, go early on in your holiday as you can return for 8euro on another visit! They also have a Dolphin show, you can play with them and have picture took for 45 euro. Also went to Loro park which was fantastic! the kids loved all the animals and shows. If you want to hire a car do it here. over there it is 100euro a day! (we payed £100 for 3days)

All in all we had a great holiday and I am going back to the same place again next year with a friend. For what you pay, this is more than to be expected!

Room Tip: If you have small children that like to run about ask for a secure balcony before you go. Some have...
1  Thank mancfamily1
Reviewed 10 July 2011

ok quick rundown on Villa tagorro

Never stayed in a 4* where you had to pay for the remote. More 3*

Reception/Staff
No problem very friendly throughout. Animation team good with the kids.
really good plenty of choice and always somewhere to sit
Drink
pretty poor - dorada on tap , all cheap spirits. I drink dorada quite alot and it seemed not as strong as elsewhere.
Entertainment
Poor -- 4year old loved it though.
Rooms
Clean - spacious - Tv channels you have to pay for
Location - up a hill - location ok , providing you like the pool
Pool - heated

Room Tip: not sure
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank philreavey
Reviewed 10 July 2011

My neighbour and I returned from a week's holiday at the Dream Villa Tagoro two week ago. We had a super holiday and I really do not have a bad word to say about the hotel.
Our room, although not in a particularly good spot, was pleasantly large and spotlessly clean. The pool and surrounding area was cleaned thoroughly every morning and it really was no trouble to wait for the sun beds to be unlocked at 9.00 a.m. - rather this than people hampering the cleaning of the pool area by placing their beds around the pool at ridiculously early times!! The evening entertainment was ok, especially for the children , and our thanks go to the entertainment team who made our evenings at the hotel a fun time. Miguel and the other male member of the entertainment team (sorry, I cannot remember his name) were absolutely brilliant and 'worked their socks off' to give everyone a good time. If anything, the hotel is a little far out but if only going for one week to chill out this will not be a problem. The food was good and there was a good selection to choose from.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lorraine B
Reviewed 8 July 2011

The hotel is ok!
We were a family of 4 with an 8 yr girl and a 13yr old boy (A.I.)

Not the Hilton and not a doss house!

The staff were all pleasant and always willing to help. The maids are spot on if you took a few minutes to speak to them. A polite good morning is welcome in any ones book.
The rooms are basic with the usual set up you would expect to find in any well used resort hotel room. The room was made up every day, towels were replenished on a daily basis. The only neg comment I had on the cleaning was that the floors were not mopped/ washed every day...just brushed clean.If there was a mop and bucked in the room we would have done it our selfs just as a matter of course!.
The biggest gripe I had were the pillows!!!!!! sorry pillow, they were rubbish! I never had a full nights sleep due them being so uncomfortable. Oh and the constant rattle from a dodgey man hole cover that rattled every time a car would go over i, this drove me nuts!! we were to the back of the hotel near the kids club. Not the Hotels fault though!!
The air con. is very weak, but did take the room temp do wn a few degrees.
The lock on the patio doors worked but to be honest any chancer could have got it open, but! we had no issues with securaty.

Food. same old same old in the A.L. Fish, Chicken and some times meat. Fresh salad every day. Had to laugh at the option of carrots or mixed veg for breakfast though!

Drinks? Ok local spirits and Darado beers. Kids help themselves to the soft drinks. The bar is a busy in the evening making people frustrated at the time they had to wait. 10 mins max??? Although they, apparently open they second bar later on in the session.

Pool? Is of a reasnable size, but please watch out as it is deep!!!!

Sunbeds, Forget it !! if your not up at the crack of dawn.........your not getting one! Its crazy! We just went for a walk around the resort and came back around 3pm and got one then. But a lot of people were frustrated at the situation.

Entertainment? This was dire!!! sorry but it was!!!!!!!!! They need to get that sorted.

Overall? could have been worse, but could have been better!!! Will try some where else next year.

1  Thank vball22