“we loved it all brilllllllll time”

Tagoro Family & Fun Costa Adeje
Ranked #25 of 60 Hotels in Costa Adeje
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 July 2011

went to villa tagoro for 2 weeks arived on 12 july at around mid day fantastic reseption got room straight away got our all inclusive bands on at reseptions and off we went for launch what a selectoin food was plenty for every body and very tasty first time all inclusive for me my wife and daughter and would defently do it again couldnt fault hotel in any way very clean room and big balcany all staff are polite the second week my daughter became one of the team at mini disco as she loves kids and the kids loved her her name was crystal all in all i would def go back to villa tagro dont take any notice off any bad reveiws because i couldnt find any

3  Thank stiner1965

Reviewed 26 July 2011

We have just returned from a holiday at the Villa Tagoro and I have to say it was a very enjoyable couple of weeks.
The hotel itself is well suited to families with young children. That said it is a bit of a walk into the main resort as is on the opposite side of the main highway.
There is a free courtesy bus every hour into the main resort.
ROOMS
The rooms themselves are large and comfortable. They are cleaned and have fresh towels daily with beds changed several times in the week.
Some rooms have a Jacuzzi in them if you upgrade. Our room had a large balcony with a view of the sea.
There are safes in the rooms but these will cost you 2euro per day. The TV in the room is also payable but we didn’t bother with it as had plenty to do.
The air-con was a bit poor as didn’t really keep the rooms cool. There was a rumour that it was controlled from reception and was turned off when several times a day
FOOD
We were all inclusive and must say the food was very nice, with plenty of choice and variety. There were international themed nights most nights with various meats and fish done different ways.
There were the normal moaners there complaining about the food but it has to be said if you want to eat crap every day, stay at home. If you fancy trying good food cooked in Spanish style then you will be happy.
The dining room does get busy and a little overcrowded and if anything this was a bit of a moan of mine as it was quite hot. It was made worse by having young children running around and shouting.
There were snacks in the day but were mainly chips and burgers with a few other bits but weren’t very appetising. That said the dining room was open much of the day so not a problem.
If you go out for the day you can order free picnic boxes the night before.
DRINKS
There was a large variety of drinks available from 11am to 11pm in the main pool bar that kept most people happy. At night there was a bar near the dining room that was opened for the peak holiday season as the bar did get busy in the evening with 10 minute waits.
There is a 2 drink limit that had several people moaning but you could just go back and get another drink straight away.
There were several people who thought because it was all inclusive they had to drink all the time and got too drunk. This did spoil things a bit as some were very loud and foul mouthed. Not the kind of thing you want your children to hear!!
ENTERTAINMENT.
This was really good as there was stuff for the kids in the day and stuff for the adults too. At night there was a few decent shows or acts to watch. If you don’t fancy them you can always go into the resort and watch some of theirs.
One night out I would recommend is the Medieval Night with food and drink included and the show is amazing.
Also Loro Park is worth a visit during the day with great shows and things to see
WARNING there are snake and bird shows during the week in the hotel in which you will be offered photos of yourselves with the animals. But beware that you will get stung for 10- 20euro a time for these photos.
POOLS
The main pool is warm and good for playing about in but does get busy.
If you fancy it a bit quieter then there is small pool at the back of the hotel but there is no bar there so take a drink with you.
Sun loungers are a joke as (sorry to say this) the Brits are hogs for them with many waiting for them to be unfastened in the morning then taking 8 or 10 at a time then leaving them empty most of the day.
It is the same for the parasols with them being “reserved” from early in the morning. Seriously there is no need to do this. There are always a few spares and we were told there are more in the pool store. (it must have been bad I heard the Germans moaning about the Brits).
If you fancy a day of pampering then I would recommend going to the spa at the sister hotel. 19euro for ½ a day is great value

STAFF
99% of the staff are really nice and friendly and they work really hard. I really felt for the dining room staff as they were rushed off their feet.
The reception staff were very helpful if you have any issues they can help you.
There was only one member of staff who never smiled or spoke and he worked behind the pool bar so don’t expect any witty banter. But in general it was the staff who made this holiday enjoyable and memorable.
TAXIS
Taxis are pretty cheap but be warned many will try to charge you a supplement of 1.65 euro per trip. This is for going to the airport or seaport but they try to con you.
I would advise you to have change in your pocket and have it ready when you stop. Have the door open before mentioning the price(stops them dropping the locks on you) and only pay the price on the main meter.
If they argue say you will get the police and they will back down. (there was a big crack down on this trick last year and they don’t want it again)
In summary I would recommend this hotel for a family holiday in fact the only thing that spoils it is some of the guests.

5  Thank jimmy1212k10
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Got here on the 8th of july and got back home this morning after spending 2 weeks at the villa tagoro and as you will have read on just about every review on here there is a massive problem with sunbeds and parasols so much so that had it not been for another family whom we had become friends with we would have spent this holiday in its entireity at the bar sitting on a chair as this hotel clearly doesnt have enough space around the pool for the amount of people who can stay in the hotel at its maximum occupancy, I really hope they try to do something about this in the future as it would increase the hotels appeal as in itsself it does have everything you need for a really good family holiday with loads of clubs for the kids and good sports for the adults also, although I didnt appreciate the waterpolo this year as it was just a wrestling match and the entertainers even said before hand that there were no rules this led me to believe that this was a cop out so the entertainer didnt have to stay and watch.
Rooms. Very spacious rooms with a good balcony but very tired looking and lack of cupboard space for a family of four, also only 3 seats on the balcony(family of 4).
Pool. Decent size, liked the rubber around it as my kids are always running around the edge, Eyes did get really sore after prolonged swimming.
Food. Well if Im completely honest I hated just about everything but I am a fussy eater as my family were Ok with the food.
Drinks. I think the beer was watered down if I'm bein honest, I really gave it my best shot to get dtunk but it took the sambuca and baileys n brandy to get me there.
Entertainment. Animacion team were good with the kids and adults alike although the mini disco was only a half hour they enjoyed it, some of the evening entertainment was of very poor quality but then again there were a few good acts i.e charlie chaplin.
Staff. animacion team were all really nice, the bar staff were really quite friendly aswell bar one guy who was on the pool bar most days, The restauraunt staff were fantastic with my small kids especially my 1 year old son they really took time to play with him as they passed by.
Overall. I would give this Hotel a 2.5/5 if I could but I cant so I'll be generous and round it up to a 3 and this may be down to nice family we met on this holiday but overall my family had a good holiday at a decent price....

Would I take my family back to the dream villa tagoro.......probably not but never say never lol...

Room Tip: room 107 pool view
1  Thank TheMessers
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We stayed in room 152 for first 4 days, in this time we complained to reseption 3 times about the cockroaches which they said they would cleanout and get rid of.. but guess what they didn't. we caught 11 in 2 1/2 days which we took personally to the reseption staff, they got the same greeting as us. Between the cockroaches and ants my 6 year old girl was frightened morning, noon and night... Finally got to see the manager on the 4th day, she agreed to upgrade us to a superior room.. but shouldn't have took that long.
Food ok for first week then just repeated, however the restaurant staff were helpful.
Whether it was our faces or accents, some of the barstaff were quite rude. There was only 1 bar for the first 10 days so the queue was rather big, and we have never been in a allinclusive holiday that ran out of drink before, they ran out of vodka twice and juice for kids like coca-cola, fanta etc. on numerous occassions. As for sunbeds and parasols, as long as you were up and down at pool about 7:30am you could tie a towel around a parasol and if you went back down at 8:40am you would get a sunbed in the madness.
Alot of different nationalities (english, scottish, german, spanish, french, dutch and polish) so there were a few squabbles and misunderstandings.... pool wasn't the cleanest wee girl got a ear infection....
Air-conditioning was definately not the best, not much cool air at all not even in a superior room..
The only good thing about the holiday was the weather, it was gorgeous...
Would never go back to Villa Tagoro and there is no way it is a 4 star..
We would go back to Tenerife as a nice resort and there are alot of real 4 star hotels in the heart of Las Americas.....

Room Tip: 207 was one of the superior rooms, they are fine..
1  Thank Billywashere_11
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Weve just got back from villa tagoro thier was eight of us in our party including two children one 3 and one 7, we went for my sons 18th birthday, and I cant understand why anyone can complain about it, we were in rooms 108, 109 and 111 and they were spotless when we arrived and cleaned out every day the beds were changed twice while we were there which was more than enough, towels were changed daily if needed. All the staff are very helpful and friendly, and the food is fantastic with a good choice and evening menu,s are changed daily we were there 11 nights an we didnt find it the same each night. The kids were well looked after with kids club and a mini disco and the childrens reps were great. My only complaint is the sunbeds good points you cant get one before 9am because they are chained up so you get abit of sleep in, bad points its one mad rush at 9 altough I didnt experience an unpleasantness, if you want an umbrella be prepared to get up before 7, apart from the sunbed issue ( which wouldnt stop me going) it was fantastic 4 stars all the way,

Room Tip: rooms 108, 107,106,105,104 all have pool views
5  Thank skipNotts
Reviewed 19 July 2011

This Hotel was a very nice place stay, and the weather was great.
This Hotel is about 20 mins away from the airport, depending who you transfer with.
It is based up a hill and is quite steep in places.
There is wheel chair access around the hotel, but again there is a lot of steep slopes.
The accommodation varies from, self catering, half board, to all inclusive.
We we're in room 124 on the ground floor.
At least this room was further away from the entertainment that went on till midnight.
The room was clean, but the front door always got stuck on the floor when you opened it.
This seemed to be the norm with most of the rooms.
The maid service was good but we only got the bed sheets changed once in the fortnight..
We found the reception staff very welcoming and helpful.
The animation team we're the best of all.
They worked their socks off, all day long.
The kids and adults we're both looked after, and felt welcome.
The food was good, but i found that most of the meat was cooked in salt.
There is plenty of choice , and if you get board there are eating places around the hotel.
Just down the road there is a shopping plaza, with shops,cinema and food outlets.
There is a chinese at the end of the plaza, with a buffet , all you can eat for 6 euros.
This was great food , and we went back again.
We went to the beach and this was nothing to shout about.
The norm, black volcanic sand, thats sharp on the feet.
There are cock roaches around, and we only had one in the bath one time, in all the time we we're there.
You will need to be waiting for a sunbed and umbrella from 8-30am as they don't unlock the beds while 9am.
The problem with the beds and umbrella's is that so many of them are broken, but can easily be repaired.
Would we go back to this hotel ?
Yes we would, but there are plenty of other places in the world to see.
May be in a few years time.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 18 July 2011

This was our second stay at Dream Villa Tagoro and once again had a fab time. Staff friendly and helpfull, nothing ever to much bother for them. Food was good always plenty to choose and I have 2 fussy eaters but there was always something they would eat and we always got them to try something different each night. Rooms spacious and very clean maid service every day. Local Animation Team are great (especailly with the little ones) my 2 are too old for the kids club but they joined in with the pool activities and had a great time. Ok so the entertainment could be better at night but at the end of the day your holiday is what you make it so join in and have some fun, and if the kids are happy then your happy. You can easily walk to the beach and take a walk along the harbour and into Los Christanios very nice, stop at one of the many bars/cafes for a small refreshement. Booked up again for next year as we had such a good time came back from a walk one night to find a bottle of champers at out door, which I thought was a nice touch. Dont be put off from any of the negative reviews.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family