“Fantastic Holiday”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Holiday”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Just returned from a weeks holiday, on arrival the staff are amazing and so helpful and tell you all the essentials you need to know and you know where they are if you need them, they made conversation with you asking how your day has been and the flight, the animation team are non-stop, never met a team so hardworking working from dusk to dawn, trying their very best to entertain everyone, yeah there was a couple of times the Wifi wasn't working and the computers weren't working but you can't get everything, the food is was good however not a lot of variety for young children but the staff in the restaurant are so welcoming you feel like home, the rooms are fantastic and very spacious, the staff at reception had free maps and helped you out when you needed to know where markets and attractions were, I recommend this villa to families and couples, what a week it was!

Room Tip: You get 500 MB free wifi then you have to pay for it, it was 10 euro per day or 25 euro for the week...
8 Thank Dylan H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Just returned home from a 2 week holiday at this hotel. For us, (2 adults & 3 teenagers) it catered for all of us. The entertainment was constant, food was ok, staff really friendly, rooms were basic but spacious. But are being done up. Located on outskirt of town, but walking distant or short taxi ride (€5) away from night life. Definitely recommend this hotel. Cannot fault any thing about this holiday.

Room Tip: The rooms are exactly as stated in brochure
5 Thank Jo M
Scawby
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Having read previous reviews I contacted the hotel privately to arrange a room upgrade...a little confusion on arrival meant a 2 night stay in room 1...a large studio but not yet refurbished...we then moved to 247.

Arrival & Staff: very friendly, polite & courteous throughout our stay.

Room: original rooms are dark & dated but they are midway through a total renovation programme which didn't interfere with our stay...no cranes or heavy work. Our upgraded room was bright, airy, ceiling fan (bedroom), massive bed, huge balcony a very good room.

Dining: plenty of choice although as with all inclusive hotels who cater for multi nationalities the range of dishes may not always be British! I travelled with 6 adults (35-63yrs) a 3 year old & a 14 year old & we all ate well & enjoyed the options. The evening meal requires 2 sittings & it's a bit canteen style but plenty of salad options, hot/cold meats, pasta/carbs, desserts of ice cream, cakes, fruits, then cheeses & crackers.

Pool Area: the heated pool was the best I've experienced in terms of temperature, it was shallow too, the usual flurry of sun bed reservation/hoarding was evident but the hotel Management did occasionally leave warning notes on unattended beds.

Entertainment: available throughout the day and in to the evening...join in or spectate or simply wander around the resort.

Location: located on the outskirts of the resort & on a hill this does make for some good exercise although you can take advantage of the excellent taxi drivers who will oblige with a fare of about 4 euros.

Overview: clearly DVT is a former aparthotel which is improving & upping its game to be a true 4* all inc, I believe the prices will reflect this in the future. The pool area surroundings need to be larger & with some better use of space it will be achieved. I was definitely pleasantly surprised but as always...you will get what you pay for. The cleanliness & hygiene was never in doubt & providing you book the upgrade room or are satisfied with the older rooms, you shouldn't be disappointed.

An enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the best room you can afford!
1 Thank Sharon S
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just returned from a 7 night stay and can honestly say we had a great week, the rooms were amazing, pool fantastic, every member of staff were polite, helpful and made you feel at ease.
Our daughter is 6 and loved every minuet of her holiday she did not want to come home.
Yes the food is not the best, needs more variety and choice for children.
We did have a problem with our air conditioning but in all honesty it was sorted out straight away, I did meet with the manager who told me he has great plans for the future which will only make this place from great to outstanding!
Yes there is building work going on but not once did this ever disturb us.
The animation team are amazing, we had an absolute ball.

Room Tip: Go for upgraded room, well worth it
5 Thank Lisa W
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a great week at villa togaro and what can I say that hasn't been said.

Front of house reception staff... All were amazing and nothing was ever a problem, they booked excursions, arranged travel, booked taxis.. Denise, Ana, and the trainee Sophie are all an asset to villa togaro and try there best to make you feel welcome..

Animation team.... These guys weren't in your face dragging you up to join in, they came around the pool politely asking people if they were interested in the activities that were going on, this ranged from archery, darts, table tennis, wager polo, volleyball, and the must of the day water aerobics lol and believe me if you don't want to join in then all it takes is a polite no thank you, but the water aerobics is good and even fun to watch.. I'm sure their were more going on as in the evening they did a little presentation for those who won the competitions and some I never knew were on because we had days out...

Drink... Plenty of soft drinks and alcohol to choose from, and with not being a drinker I found the local beer was nice and had the odd vodka/coke, and couldn't find fault with any drinks..

Food... Well after reading some posts about things always being repetitive I was a little unsure as I had16/14yr girls who can be a nightmare at times and I even took an extra €300 to eat out in the evenings but what can I say now I've been... Well I never ate out once, yes things were a bit repetitive like salad, sauces, pasta, but so what there's loads to choose from and if you just vary it out then it's great... I also read things were undercooked but never experienced anything that caused me concern, there was slight blood in the steaks they cooked but that's how I actually like my steaks so it wasn't an issue, I tried over the week tuna, salmon, spare ribs, steaks, pork casserole, and other dishes I never tried before. The desserts are amazing and my daughters never once moaned about anything and with not going out to eat I used the money on shopping as most shops were doing the sales at 40%... When the meals aren't available there's the pool bar where you can get burgers, fries, hotdogs, varies types of meats and salads/sauces.

Rooms... lol where do I start... Well after reading all the reviews prior to going I decided to upgrade my booking with jet2 for one of the refurbished superior ones, this actually cost me £400 which £120 was for the amendment and the additional was the upgrade... I was allocated 007 on arrival and found it wasn't what I wanted, the access to this room was like a rat run along internal corridors and my heart sank when I walked in, I rushed back to reception with the hackles up thinking here we go!!! I was greeted by Denise who immediately made me feel at ease with apologies and checking my booking with jet2, and because I upgraded to superior they hadn't notified the hotel so Denise fixed it and I was then allocated 205... On arrival in this room I felt happier as it had what I wanted, the huge private balcony and it put a smile on my face.. The room itself was far nicer than 007 with slightly better decor.. After a few days in the room I began noticing things that made me think this wasn't a refurbished one and went back to reception with my jet2 booking and confirmation of my upgrade, again I was greeted by Denise and explained what I read on trip advisor about the refurbished rooms and how I told jet2 this was what I wanted when I amended my booking, Denise told me that the refurbished rooms have not yet been priced in the brochure yet and this is causing confusion.. I asked if there were any refurbished apartments available and I was shown 2 and on entering apt 228 I just thought wow absolutely amazing.. This was only an additional €14 per night so took it for the remainder of my stay and it was worth every euro... I can't fault the rooms that haven't been refurbished because they'll all get done eventually.

A few points for the manager of the complex to consider..

1. Toilet rolls are to thick for the holders in the refurbished apartment, the holders are being pulled from the walls with the raw plugs and screws attached to it, maybe ask the cleaning staff to remove some of the paper before putting it in..

2.. Jacuzzi in 228 doesn't have any grab rails to hold on to when climbing in and out and is very dangerous, it only takes one person to fall to put a claim in against the complex, because climbing out onto a floor without holding on and being wet is an accident waiting to happen.. This wouldn't ever happen in the UK but I'm sure we've different H&S rules..

3... Please provide all the same information in all rooms, I can't say I checked what was in 007 because I was only there for a minute, but what I noticed from 205 to 228 was their was more info in 228 plus it had the option of do not disturb so you could let the cleaners know if you wanted your room cleaned, it also gave information about not reserving sun beds etc which I never seen in 205.. It's only fair that everyone who stays here is given all the same information regardless of standard superior or even refurbished superior...

4.. Reading the responses on tripadvisor from the complex I see there's a 20% discount which looks like it's for returning customers who book.... This is not the case and is actually open to anyone who books in advance, it would be nice to have that little extra off to loyal customers who do return..

5... It would have been nice to have got that extra pillow I asked for when in apt 205, I asked 3 times each morning when I seen the girls that were cleaning the apt, very polite girls all smiles and nodding of the heads with a "yes I'll put one in your room" but needless to say I never did get one, in 228 I didn't need it because there were cushions from the sofas lol.

Overall.... This is a brilliant complex with lots to do, it was my first ever all inclusive resort I've been to as I normally just do little complexes of about 20 apartments and not the 160+ that this is..

Will I go back? Yes I'm actually trying to get a price on the website but for some reason it won't let me, I was given a quote when I left for next year at reception but wasn't quite sure on dates and think your far cheaper booking direct with the hotel and buying your own flights.. I'd definitely go for 228 again but would prefer next door with the Astro turf and outside jacuzzi on the terrace..

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Steven R
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed at Dream Villa Tagoro last week and had a fabulous time,We stayed for 9 nights with my husband and 19 year old son who had a great time.
The hotel is very clean and all the staff work really hard to ensure that your stay is very enjoyable.
Chicco is a lovely character with entertaining skills whilst doing the water aerobics ,he managed to get almost everyone involved and made it fun.All the animation team were fab.
The food was very good and something for everyone,we found the lunches were excellent and only 2 nights we found the evening choice not as good as other nights, the only downside is you have to choose your sittings either 7pm or 8.30 we chose 7pm but quite often we found this to early.
The pool is very clean,and around the pool is also kept to a very high standard, unfortunately there was a large group on our 1st few days with babies and young children who left crisps,cakes and rubbish around the pool including a nappy after leaving for the day,these people need to be addressed as there is no reason for this and plenty of bins,this only causes more work for the staff.
On arrival reception was very good and advised us they are there 24/7 should we need anything.
I can honestly say if people write bad reports on this Hotel they need to look at 5* hotels and pay triple the price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank alib490
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Sorry it took so long to review!

Came last October (2013) outside of peak holiday season and it was perfect. Lovely weather so could spend the afternoon lazing around by the pool with the good supply of soft and alcoholic beverages and snacks.

The staff were fantastic and very helpful both at the front desk, the restaurant and just walking around checking everything was ok.

Food in the evenings was very good for the money we paid. Buffet every evening and sometimes food would be there a while but generally it was all excellent. The Chinese themed evening was delicious and the chef would cook you special things in front of you on demand at dinner and breakfast.

The rooms were lovely and clean. We had a little trouble with the wifi but sorted it after a bit of playing around.
My only real criticism is the beds. They look so lovely and inviting but you sit on them and it was like lying on the ground. We ended up sleeping on the sofa unfortunately.

There was also an issue with the water in the hotel at one point for a few hours so we couldn't have a shower but the staff were very good and had someone see to it in good time.

My boyfriend and I had a great time. Went to Siam and Loro Park, the beach and shops. Wanted to stay longer to see the volcano. Bus stops are nearby and easy to use, just ask the staff and they'll tell you everything you need to know!

Thanks again for a lovely late summer holiday

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,734 reviews
Sunset Bay Club
Sunset Bay Club
#32 of 57 in Costa Adeje

Been to Tagoro Family & Fun Costa Adeje? Share your experiences!