“terrific tagoro!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
yorkshire
“terrific tagoro!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

well yes we had a fab time, 25/07/14 2 weeks the animation team work so hard. due to our party having 16-54yr olds we didn't really get to know the miniclub team, but the facepainting looked gorgeous! the best aquagym we've ever had the pleasure of joining in with. evening ent consists of shows that the team do, as well as a snake show, magic show, eagle show, parrot show, comedy, which follow after minidisco that grownups join in too and not forgetting the certificate ceremony nightly. from 11am-11pm its none stop, a happy none stop! adults have a different itinery to kids under 14. ciccio(chicho) and boyana were so funny and friendly and made sure you joined in. pistol n rifle shooting was my faute, still need more practice with archery! pool is shallow n heated so when they come get you to join in you can get straight in.
the rooms: after a 5hr delay to be told 2.30am that your in rooms 31,32,33....the dungeons I wasn't happy.....all changed! totally refurbed, lovely light and clean corridor to walk down, very cool and quiet rooms so no sweating getting changed for evening n no noise if you want a siesta! Jacuzzi too, but not plumbed in yet so expect price rise next year. ok the odd cucaracha (our room won the comp with 8 in 2wks) but they do live there n were removed by the maids from under the cups! the rooms were fumigated when we told reception and straight away we asked for raid spray n was given it. shampoo there isn't any but sachets of blue manly bodywash we used till we got the supermarket- basement of gran sur, very cheap. ceiling fan in bedroom worked first few days then decided to stop but aircon still ok so after telling desk twice we didn't bother again. no clock radios either, if you need one.
food: in abundance! a lot q'd the 2nd week at eve meal. lots of freshly cooked meats n 13 different types of fish(may have been 14 if we'd made 1st meal) also a separate kids trolley for food.
drinks: also plentiful, long q's week 2 tho. Vanessa always smiling n chatty, ramira too on pool bar. staff happy to chat and constantly cleaning of which week 2 we felt sorry for them as if guests drop cups or food why the ek don't they pick it up themselves instead of looking at it n leaving it for staff grrrrr! glasses given after kids disco so not plastic or paper cups at evening.
free wifi around all of hotel was brill. desk staff very helpful with trips and free shuttle bus was a good way of getting downtown for a look round n to market (although it is walkable 20 mins max) .gd exchange rate too.
sadly YES THERE ARE SUNBED WARS!! UNBELIEVABLE! the first week was very amicable, week 2,totally disgusting, people who were sat chatting all night would fall out arguing over sunbeds the next day, not what you need to hear, see or be involved in on holiday. grownups in tears certainly not needed. just get more beds? there wouldn't be any room for them if they did. we were on first sitting for evening meal and got some right looks as we walked past in our fineries whilst there were still people sunning themselves as staff attempted to put sunbeds away and tables out. last day we couldn't keep rooms on(€40) but could use shower room...what a performance, we stood n watched a maid mop it out then shut the door to tell us 'no key' after we'd waited 20 mins! 7 of us had to be ready in half hour for next family to go in! just a curtain and very old shower drip drip but water went everywhere, no ledge or bath to stop it, a loo and a sink. all part of an all inclusive :)

Room Tip: ask for dungeons!! refurbed n very quiet, facing gran sur
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kim-wild1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Returned home on the 12/08/14. Very helpful and friendly staff upon arrival who was quick to tell us that we had a refurbished room (which apparently is a bit of a lottery if you get one of the new rooms). However we did pay for a deluxe room so this put us at ease straight away.

The refurbished rooms are very nice and all rooms have large balconies and some have a small garden area. We had a few issues with cockroaches but the maid gave us some spray which sorted the problem. I think it depends on which rooms you have that have these issues as many people said they didn't have an issue with them. Our room also had a whiff of sewers if the air conditioning was turned off (room 142)

To get a sunbed for the day in peak season you need to be up early approx 7.30am to guarantee a spot and a bed as these get unchained anytime from 8.15am. Some people can get a bit shirty and put beds in stupid place i.e blocking the pool entrance (lady further down the list from Birmingham with poor grammar and measurement skills).

Restaurant is looking a bit dated now but the food is nice. If you stay for 2 weeks it can become a bit repetitive, so you need to be a bit creative with your food choice as with any all inclusive hotel.

The hotel is on a hill but think of this as a bonus to help work off all that food and drink you will consume.

The centre is a 10-15 minute walk and well worth a visit, the bars and restaurant's on the promenade are also worth visiting due to the views and most of them are 1 Euro a pint until 6pm.

Take the bad reviews as a pinch of salt, your holiday is what you make it and the people you meet.

Room Tip: Try to get room on the top floor these have huge balconies and bathrooms
2 Thank Tradar
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Well were can I start first thing air con is a con there is none apart from air blowers . Beds are like sleeping on rocks so hard . Breakfast with hotdog sausage every second day not good food is average no way four star at all plastic chairs and tables on an evening no good entertainment proper poor get your alarm set for your sunbed war every day all in all a let down from start to finish on the hotel part .

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Mrtiffer
Willenhall, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is our second visit to this hotel. We stayed there for 10 nights from 29th July 2104. Nothing about this Hotel disappoints us. The problems we and many others encountered were with the sunbeds. Mainly the people who commandeered them. There was no order, it was every man for himself. Disappointingly it was the British that were the main culprits, some were taking 8 at a time.Not just sunbeds, but in the food halls and at the Bar. There were lots of instances of queue jumping at both. To be fair to the staff if they spotted it they dealt with it. Maybe its worth the Hotel increasing the size / depth of the smaller pool to the rear of the complex and maybe adding more sunbeds and putting a bar area there to take the pressure off the main pool/ bar area. On the plus side, the staff do a fantastic job, and nothing is too much trouble for them. The daytime activities are many and varied.The pool aerobics session is a must in the afternoon.

Room Tip: The double comfort rooms are the better ones, plus the music round the pool area is turned of / down...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Stuart R
Sutton Coldfield
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Returned home on 8th August from a 10 day break at the Dream Villa Tagoro with my 6 year old Son and girlfriend.

On arrival the reception team were amazing, so friendly and helpful we could not have asked for more. I was concerned by a couple of the reviews mentioning quality of some rooms and so double checked that we had a decent room at the desk and was assured I did have. When we got to the room we were not disappointed it was large, recently refurbished and had a huge clean bathroom.

We headed to the restaurant soon after our arrival and were initially impressed with what we found. Food was good, plenty of choice and was replenished quickly. Following our meal we headed to the pool area where the plastic tables and chairs had been laid out for the evening entertainment. Again, it was nice, nothing amazing but easy to get served and entertainment going on that would keep most entertained. I overheard someone mention the sun beds so I asked the question as had read some bad things. The couple explained that if you were not early up and stood by a stack of sun beds you had no hope.

The next morning, I was awoken at around 7:15 by staff cleaning the pool area (I'm a light sleeper). I went onto the balcony and noticed 5 or 6 people already stood over beds. I decided as I was up, I would go down to the pool area and see what the score was. Basically, people are placing towels on parasols, inflatables in spaces they want to reserve or in some cases chairs or towels. I had been used to the sun beds rush from other hotels when going peak season but this was like nothing I had seen before. Luckily, I met a few of the other guests and it almost became a bit of a laugh getting up, grabbing a coffee and a chat before the mayhem once the beds were unlocked.

Not sure if the previous reviewer T????? was the person I think it is, so apologies if it is not (but I noticed you and your family were from Birmingham at the time) I was around at the time the gentleman spoke to you about the beds and can only suggest you "get a grip!". You put 7 beds down at the entrance to the pool with the bottom of the beds almost in the pool. The guy suggested that with the 3 rows of beds in that area access would be tight and people would struggle to get to the pool. He also spoke with you after when you asked if there was a problem, as if it was you would happily move, and he explained that he just wanted to be able to keep an eye on his young children in the shallower area as they could not swim confidently. He did not ask his kids to splash you, he made comment that as you were almost in the pool and blocking access that you would most likely get splashed. (really no need to suggest he is a bad person for wanting to keep an eye on his kids whilst ensuring they do not annoy other guests by dripping water on them). As it turns out, you stayed there anyway and blocked his view despite having older children that could swim.

Over the next 10 days, my day consisted of getting up at 7:30, standing next to sun beds, chatting to the others before grabbing my Son and girlfriend for breakfast at 9:00 ish. Whilst everyone hated doing this, it was simply a matter of getting involved or not having a space around the pool which is a problem when you have young children that love being in it. I did break the 10 days up with a day at the beach and one in town.

Personally, I think they could easily tidy up the pool area by the kids club, maybe have the kids pool there along with a drinks machine or small bar area that would entice many families with very young children therefore creating more space for others near the main pool.

The food did start to bother me later in the holiday as it did become repetitive and as we moved into early August the amount of guests seemed to increase dramatically meaning there were queues to stand in in order to get anything. This was a pain if I just wanted to grab a few more chips for my Son. Maybe moving some of the salad section into a different location would help. The queue for the bar was also noticeable increasing during our stay which whilst a minor frustration was not the end of the world as I still managed to get my drinks.

The hotel is up a hill but trust me, unless you have a problem walking it is not that bad and a taxi back is 4 or 5 euro's at worst if you need it. Definitely worth a walk down there in order to grab a few gifts or have a drink near the sea whilst the sun sets.

I have stayed in many many hotels over the years and this comes in very similar to a decent 3 star hotel. If you are going to compare to luxury hotels or standards that you expect in the UK you will be disappointed. I have given this an average rating as don't think it was good enough to rate it 4 stars but 3.5 stars would be about right.

Room Tip: I sent an email to ask for a pool view and was lucky enough to get one.
9 Thank DoubleDeuce
Birmingham
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This was our 2 stay but never again ... The sun beds well were do you start there was a man who told me and my friend we could put our sun bed were we had place them ask him we he the sun bed police and told him I was asking to c plans acting all big because his 6 foot friend was with him as he was 4 ft tall (idoit) trying to scAre us didn't work also told his kids to slash us this is the type of people staying there also another one everyone waiting older lady and daughter in the que guy pushes out the way to get his beds nearly hits the old women terrible with the sun bed ; food same DONT eat the carrots on the salad bar full of tiny flys 3 time it happened to me :( ;; had new manger who vile shouts at everyone argued with my hubby about sun bed but in the end went to there beautiful beautiful 5 * hotel for a meal as a good will gusture fab hotel the manger there was the old mAnger from last year at taroggo welcomed us such a lovely guy :) air conditioning really really poor they gave us a fan Before we had got there there was a flight with spainish did end good police came as there was someone doing drugs also parent hitting children ( vile man ) shame as if it was run right more sun beds and better food it would be great and would give it a 3* not 4*

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Tcrofty
DreamplaceHotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Tagoro Family & Fun Costa Adeje, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Mr. Tcrofty,
Thank you for sharing this experiences with us, we constantly try to learn out from this and to satisfy our guests.
We are very sorry for the situation with the sunbeds, we ordered new one but there have been problems with the delivery.
But the problem is going to be solved.
Further we would like to apologize for behavior from other guests you felt disturbed through. We already hired security personal to prevent situations like that. We are a family hotel and don’t want to get in touch with things like drugs or similar.
In our restaurant we can assure that we only offer freshly cooked food to our guests each night. Although thank you for mentioning those matters to us, so we can take care of them.
We hope you will give us a second chance to welcome you back again soon.
Best regards
Cardiff
Reviewed 11 August 2014

As the title suggests I am on the fence a little on this hotel. Maybe if our holiday was during non peak period then I would have had a better experience because the hotel is less busy.

Positives:
Clean room and large balcony with sunbeds

Self serve soft drinks

Fixed table for evening meal so you dont have to search fora table to sit at

Negatives:
Not enough sunbeds for everyone. The morning dash for beds is very territorial and you can feel the tension in the air as walk through the pool area to be ready for the scrum. Some people are very over the top and protect their sunbed like their life depends on it lol.

Food is very bland and same ish

Pool is over crowded and policed by a wouldbe military life guard

Entertainment in the evening is awful

This is just my opinion others will obviously see things differently. Would I return? No chance.
Also, never a 4 star.

2 Thank topbluebird77
We from Dream Villa Tagoro would like to thank you for sharing your experience in our hotel with us on Tripadvisor.
All our rooms are spacious and offer everything our guests need during their stay and we are very happy that you liked your balcony with the sun bed so much. Also all our rooms are clean and very nice to make our guests feel like home.
We are sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy the evening entertainment.
Our animation team is working really hard to entertain our guests, unfortunately it is hard for them to meet every guests taste.
Furthermore we would like to apologize for the fact that you struggled with the food. In our restaurant we offer many different dishes for our guests to choose from and during the different theme nights there is freshly made Sushi or Pizza waiting for our guests to enjoy.
In addition we are sorry that the main pool was too overcrowded, but close to the mini golf we have another pool which is more quiet.
We hope you will give us a second chance to welcome you back again soon.
Best regards