We travelled as a small family, me, my husband and his 13 year old daughter. First impressions......... very nice!!!
The hotel is conviently located next to the beach and and some good bars and restaurants, favourite of ours being the Moonlight and Little Italy for lunch.
Arrived at the hotel and checked in which seemed to take a while with form filling. As were given a room on the third floor we opted to take the lifts, 4 lifts in total. Took a while but better than dragging 3 cases up 3 flights on stairs!!!
Rooms were lovely, very clean and accomdated the 3 of us comfortably. As we arrived in the afternoon we were extremely hot and the first priority was to figure out the air conditioning. Took a while but after a while we closed the balcony door and found the aircon worked. Very clever!!!!
Food was excellent every day!! Stayed at hotels with buffet service before and was not impressed with the quality of the food. At the Torviscas Playa however we were pleasently impressed with the choice and the quality.
Lunch time there is a snack bar open at the pool side bar serving burgers etc. Ate there once and the price was a little expensive for the quality of the food so opted to eat at the Little Italy restaurant next to the shortcut to the beach at the back of the hotel. Excellent salads and pizza, more money than the pool side bar but not much and the quality was excellent.
Pool itself was lovely, a nice cool temperature which is a welcome relief from the hot sun in the afternoon. Only downside is the polava of actually getting a sunbed. Be on your marks at 8am as this is the only time you will get a decent bed! Tried not to be silly and get up early just to get a bed but after day 2 when we had to make do with one bed and a plastic chair between the 3 of us we gave in!! Hotel have signs up advising that reservations were not tolerated but not a damn thing was done to stop it.
We didn't stay in the hotel after dinner so can't comment on the evening entertainment but found a bar called the Moonlight oposite the Little Italy restaurant which we went to every night. Different act on every night which we thought was quite good apart from the Queen Tribute band!!!
All in all we had a superb time at this hotel and would recommend it to others. Might even book to go back next year!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Torviscas Playa hotel in Costa Adeje, completely refurbished to offer a superior kind of accommodation, is now an adults only hotel with luxurious rooms, a VIP zone and hydrotherapy circuit, among other exclusive services. Located on the sea front in Torviscas, the Torviscas Playa hotel features 470 comfortable rooms with the best services. Among them you’ll find the Star Prestige rooms that grant access to special services, such as a pool area and rooftop sun loungers, the exclusive reception or a minibar upon arrival. The delicious cuisine at this hotel is composed of a buffet restaurant and a culinary market where you can choose among the creations offered by the eight food trucks and enjoy the views of the sea. What’s more, the Torviscas Playa has two bars and a nightclub. The ambiance at the hotel is that of a complete hotel for adults, with services like an infinity pool, naturist solarium, a chill out zone with Balinese beds, free Wi-Fi, all inclusive, a golf course nearby, SPA Sensations with more than 600 m² of facilities, a fitness room and meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Iberostar, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your IBEROSTAR Torviscas Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Torviscas Playa Hotel Costa Adeje
- Iberostar Hotel Torviscas Playa
- Iberostar Hotel Adeje
- Torviscas Playa Tenerife
- IBEROSTAR Torviscas Playa Costa Adeje, Tenerife