Have just returned from a 3 week all inclusive stay at the Torviscas Playa.
I will start with the good points as they far outweigh the less favorable points . The hotel is a really nice hotel situated in an ideal location with direct access onto a main promenade which takes you either to La Caleta or in the opposite direction to Los Christianos. ( all on the level and great for a stroll) There are many bars and restaurants in close proximity.
The interiors are modern and bright with plenty seating in bar or lounge areas. The pool is of a large lagoon shape with plenty sunbeds and umbrellas.
All areas both inside and out are maintained to a high standard and are cleaned continuously.
All Staff we encountered were a credit to Iberostar and are very welcoming, hard working and good at what they do (very professional)
The Entertainment team are fantastic ,enthusiastic and hard working . They encourage you get involved and are fun to be with. (Thanx Dani , Andi , Mario & Moni )
Restaurant staff are also great and work very hard to keep the dining room going even when at it,s busiest ( Thanx here to Patryjcia, Alasan-Sow & Gabriella)
bar staff also very quick and hospitable and good at remembering your usual tipple ( Cheers to Oscar and Nieves)
We were as stated on "A I" so could not comment on prices for drinks , but local brands which we received were as good as the branded ones.
The food on offer was of a high standard and there was always a great and varied choice at all meal times . Food is cooked fresh and replenished regularly. Well done to all the chefs and support staff. Definitely did not go hungry and I am now on a diet !!
Rooms are of a reasonable size. We stayed on 3rd floor (337) looking out to the rear of the property with a side sea view and spectacular mountain view ( You could watch the paragliders coming down from the mountains all day)
The interiors of the rooms are certainly getting a bit tired as they remain the same as they were when we last stayed here 14 years ago. The beds two reasonable sized twins were comfortable and maid service changed them regularly. Towels were changed daily even if you left them hanging up. Our bathroom had quite a number of broken or cracked tiles , not sure if this was representative of other rooms but suspect so.
I believe that there is a programme of room refurbishment taking place but saw no evidence of this during my visit
Alas the few niggly points re this hotel
Firstly and most importantly the shower in our room was terrible. When you went into the shower and tried to set the temperature this proved to be an impossible task the water while showering varied continuously between very cold and absolutely "scorching". It is my opinion that it would be dangerous to leave any child in the shower unattended regardless of age.
We did report this situation twice but the problem was never resolved during our stay
Although the staff we encountered were all fantastic it has to be said that both the manager and under manager were not at all like their staff. at no time did they show any signs of customer contact or raport. The under manager , who i believe was called David was around the hotel most days but I never saw him make any contact with guests or even smile or greet them in the passing. "poor show"
Finally our room . We had requested a quiet room as both my wife and I are light sleepers. We were advised that we would be allocated a quiet room ,however on the ground floor below us the bin motors and glass recycling motors arrived most mornings at between 4 and 5 am while it only caused a noise for a short time it did however waken us most mornings.
It is "such a pity" that a few points have meant that we shall probably not return to this otherwise good hotel.
We did encounter many repeat customers who stayed for even longer than us so please do not be put off by my review. Maybe I am just too critical.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Torviscas Playa hotel in Costa Adeje, completely refurbished to offer a superior kind of accommodation, is now an adults only hotel with luxurious rooms, a VIP zone and hydrotherapy circuit, among other exclusive services. Located on the sea front in Torviscas, the Torviscas Playa hotel features 470 comfortable rooms with the best services. Among them you’ll find the Star Prestige rooms that grant access to special services, such as a pool area and rooftop sun loungers, the exclusive reception or a minibar upon arrival. The delicious cuisine at this hotel is composed of a buffet restaurant and a culinary market where you can choose among the creations offered by the eight food trucks and enjoy the views of the sea. What’s more, the Torviscas Playa has two bars and a nightclub. The ambiance at the hotel is that of a complete hotel for adults, with services like an infinity pool, naturist solarium, a chill out zone with Balinese beds, free Wi-Fi, all inclusive, a golf course nearby, SPA Sensations with more than 600 m² of facilities, a fitness room and meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, Iberostar, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your IBEROSTAR Torviscas Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Torviscas Playa Hotel Costa Adeje
- Iberostar Hotel Torviscas Playa
- Iberostar Hotel Adeje
- Torviscas Playa Tenerife
- IBEROSTAR Torviscas Playa Costa Adeje, Tenerife