The hotel for my girlfriend and I was completely Jekyll & Hyde. Our room was of a very poor standard with cracked tiles, dangerous socket points, awful decor and quite possibly the hardest mattress I've ever experienced. We also found the reception staff difficult, unapproachable and slightly unhelpful. We requested a mattress topper at 1pm on our day of arrival and didn't receive one until the following day at 11am.
The final complaint I have about the hotel is that one evening after returning from dinner in town we found a man in our room. I'm not sure if it's just me but an electrician working at 10pm in the evening without letting us know is ridiculous and we both got a bit of a fright. After asking the reception if the electrician was sanctioned by them to go into the room at that time they looked as confused as us and didn't really say much.
Based on our impressions of the room and the reception we would have graded the hotel 1 out of 5 however the rest of the hotel was fantastic and easily of a 4 star plus standard. The facilities, in particular the pool area are brilliant. Lots of space, great views, excellent pool bar, and always lots of sun beds to choose from with options to lie next to the pool or more privately in an elevated area a bit more out the way.
Also a huge positive was the food. We were half board and were never disappointed with the food. The selection and quality are amazing.
Finally I have to say that the staff in both the restaurant and on pool side were 1st class. Polite, welcoming and very professional. At pool side the staff worked very hard to entertain and Danni in particular was very well received by a lot of people we spoke to.
Overall our experience of the hotel was both up and down. The rooms really let down what is otherwise a fantastic hotel.
Would we go back.... I really couldn't bare that room again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NOTE: The hotel will remain closed from 18 April 2017 to 20 January 2018. We will be improving the facilities so that you can enjoy your holiday at IBEROSTAR even more! We apologize for any inconvenience. The IBEROSTAR Torviscas Playa hotel is a 4-star All-Inclusive hotel in Costa Adeje, Tenerife situated next to the beach. It’s located on the Costa Adeje, in a beautiful area full with nature. Its spacious rooms designed to meet all the guests' needs; entertainment and leisure programmes, and activities specially designed for the very youngest make this hotel the ideal choice for a family holiday in Costa Adeje. Family sized rooms. The hotel’s range of rooms is quite varied. The construction and design of the rooms is based on the guests’ distinct needs. Those travelling with family can stay in spacious quadruple rooms; couples can stay in double rooms and there is also a room for guests with limited mobility. Children, very well cared for. The hotel offers an interesting array of options for children and teenagers at its Mini Club (4- to 7-year-olds), Maxi Club (8 to 12) and Teenie Club (13 to 17). Run by an efficient team of entertainment pros, they plan lots of activities to keep your little ones busy all day long. Fun for the whole family in our hotels, always. A la carte activities. Since leisure and entertainment are very important when choosing a holiday destination, the IBEROSTAR Torviscas Playa hotel strives to offer a superior programme for its guests: a centre with treatments and beauty care, a large variety of sports both inside and outside the hotel, cultural theme nights, various live music performances and shows for day and night time entertainment. Free premium Wi-Fi: Connect to the Internet with Iberostar. The hotel offers exclusive free premium Wi-Fi in all its facilities. A fine connection – 3.5Mb in up to three devices – to use during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Priceline, Iberostar, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Torviscas Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Torviscas Playa Hotel Costa Adeje
- Iberostar Hotel Torviscas Playa
- Iberostar Hotel Adeje
- Torviscas Playa Tenerife
- Iberostar Torviscas Playa Costa Adeje, Tenerife