Stayed at hotel for one week with wife and four year old son. Have been to area several times before and so knew how good the resort was for food and children. The transfer to the hotel was very poor. We were the 9th drop off and drove within a hundred yards of the hotel twice before our turn. There was no rep on the coach and the route taken seemed ludicrous even allowing for a complicated one way system in resort.
Our room was on 4th floor facing the front. If you get a choice ask for a rear facing room as the view is far better and the balcony door is a sliding type making access easier especially when there is a third bed in the room than our inward opening door.
That, however is the end of the negatives. The pools were great, there were always sunbeds available somewhere close by. (and that was in the half term period). The food was of a reliable and good quality with plenty of choice even for fussy children. The service from all staff was friendly and efficient and the animation team work hard. The evening entertainment is above average. It is not all down to the usual entertainment team miming shows. They had proper Abba tribute bands and magicians in as well.
The weather was very pleasant as usual. Our First Choice/Thomson rep "Amy" was the best rep I can remember, present at the hotel for long periods and friendly, helpful and informative.
All in all, I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. We have stayed at the adjacent Guayamina Princess but would go back to the Ibersostar for value, pool and children friendliness
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Torviscas Playa hotel is a 4-star All-Inclusive hotel in Costa Adeje, Tenerife situated next to the beach. It’s located on the Costa Adeje, in a beautiful area full with nature. Its spacious rooms designed to meet all the guests' needs; entertainment and leisure programmes, and activities specially designed for the very youngest make this hotel the ideal choice for a family holiday in Costa Adeje. Family sized rooms. The hotel’s range of rooms is quite varied. The construction and design of the rooms is based on the guests’ distinct needs. Those travelling with family can stay in spacious quadruple rooms; couples can stay in double rooms and there is also a room for guests with limited mobility. Children, very well cared for. The hotel offers an interesting array of options for children and teenagers at its Mini Club (4- to 7-year-olds), Maxi Club (8 to 12) and Teenie Club (13 to 17). Run by an efficient team of entertainment pros, they plan lots of activities to keep your little ones busy all day long. Fun for the whole family in our hotels, always. A la carte activities. Since leisure and entertainment are very important when choosing a holiday destination, the IBEROSTAR Torviscas Playa hotel strives to offer a superior programme for its guests: a centre with treatments and beauty care, a large variety of sports both inside and outside the hotel, cultural theme nights, various live music performances and shows for day and night time entertainment. Free premium Wi-Fi: Connect to the Internet with Iberostar. The hotel offers exclusive free premium Wi-Fi in all its facilities. A fine connection – 3.5Mb in up to three devices – to use during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Iberostar, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Iberostar Torviscas Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Torviscas Playa Hotel Costa Adeje
- Iberostar Hotel Torviscas Playa
- Iberostar Hotel Adeje
- Torviscas Playa Tenerife
- Iberostar Torviscas Playa Costa Adeje, Tenerife