We checked into this hotel on 6th Nov and stayed for one week on an all inclusive basis.
After experiencing a poor 4 star hotel in Lanzarote in July - we were a little unsure of what to expect with this hotel and wondered if the standard had generally dropped on the Canaries.
Fear not....this hotel is great - good value for money, great location, friendly staff and good food.
Check in was smooth with lots of information about the hotel and it's all inclusive system given on arrival. We had paid extra for a room with a pool view - the view was a disappointment as all we could see was a palm tree! The room was large with plenty of storage it had a seating area and a large bathroom with a toliet seperated with a glass door. The shower was a bit pathetic as it wouldn't stay in the upright position.
The hotel upholds it's 'no reserving of sunbeds' rule - this is fantastic as at 10am the sunbed police go round and take towels off of sunbeds where no one is laying so there is always space.
It's funny to watch too when the 'culprits' return.
All inclusive - We had no complaints with regards to the all inclusive on offer. (there are some on this website) You are not entitled to have all the drinks on the bar menu but there is a fair choice. If you want premium drinks you have to pay a supplement - quite simple really.
House wine in the restaurant is quite drinkable, you do get a whole bottle but if you don't drink it they will pop the cork back in and you can finish it the following day.
Food - the buffet is vast. I am a fairly fussy eater but there was only one evening when I struggled to find something I fancied. Salad and fruit is plentiful and so tasty.
Mexican night was probably the best and if all else fails the pasta man will cook fresh pasta to order.
We felt that the restaurant ran like clockwork, considering how many people they are catering for it was well organised, we hardly ever waited for a table and food was replenished regularly.
Make sure you order a fresh omlette in the morning - the chef can cook up to six at a time!!
Our only critism would be that the coffee delivery can be hit and miss and when you get it, it can be cold!!
The hotel is clean and the reception areas imposing - the hotel does show signs of water damage in places but I don't feel that has any negative effect on your holiday.
The hotel is in a really good location as it is far enough away from shops and bars to be quiet but you can walk to them and the beach if you wish.
Costa Adeje has lots of lovely, expensive designer shops but also the tacky rip off merchants - beware we were caught and bought counterfeit tobacco!!
Would definately retun to this hotel - not quite a 5 star but a definate good 4 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COSTA ADEJE GRAN Hotel, a 5 star hotel located in Costa Adeje area in the south of Tenerife, has 485 rooms (double standard rooms and suites). Free WIFI access in all Hotel areas, and a huge variety of services and installations, as restaurants, bars, pools, sun terrace, shops, mini market, etc. Perfect for your family holidays as well as for couples and friends. We are also a perfect option for conferences, events and weddings, as our Hotel counts with several conference rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Onthebeach, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your GF Gran Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Hotel Adeje
- Adeje Gran Tenerife
- Costa Adeje Gran Hotel Tenerife
- GF Gran Costa Adeje Tenerife