This is our 4th time at the Gran, and this time we travelled out on the 28th December for a fortnight. The hotel was full to bursting, and we stayed half board.
As usual we swapped our evening meal for lunch time - we like to go out at night to eat, and teh dining room is really busy. We noticed that lunch was busier this year due to an increase in the all inclusive customer numbers.
The hotel is the same - impressive reception, and a few sopts here and there that could do with a makeover and a lick of paint. New mattresses and televisions in teh rooms, and it looks like they are embarking upon a renovation starting with the suites.
For our first week, we had to put up with a complete ignoramous who seemed to think it was acceptable to play the television very loudly, night and day, early in the morning until late at night. The hotel were very helpful, even going ito the room with a master key and switching it off when it was apparent that he had gone out and left it on. Not the hotel's fault - we were offered a move, but luckily he went home.
No problem with the staff - we found the pleasant and helpful at all times.
We used the roof top sunbathing area as it is quieter with no kids. It seemed very quiet, and the policy of removing towels from sun beds really makes a difference. No reserving means exactly that and rightly so.
There were a lot of Russian guests, as they celebrate Christmas on the 6th January. They are an acquired taste - the fat middle aged guy with a permed mullet sunbathing in a thong nearly had me in tears - not laughter, it just made my eyes burn.
We really enjoyed our holiday - the weather was nice (only one cloudy day), and the hotel is conveniently placed for either Fanabe or Del Duque. However, the 'vibe' of the hotel is changing. There are more all inclusives guests than ever, and some of them bring a different set of expectations and behaviour. This may cause us to rethink another stay here at this time of the year. The all inclusive deal are alos killing the resort - I have never seen the pubs and restaurants so empty. Puerto Colon was like a ghost town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COSTA ADEJE GRAN Hotel, a 5 star hotel located in Costa Adeje area in the south of Tenerife, has 485 rooms (double standard rooms and suites). Free WIFI access in all Hotel areas, and a huge variety of services and installations, as restaurants, bars, pools, sun terrace, shops, mini market, etc. Perfect for your family holidays as well as for couples and friends. We are also a perfect option for conferences, events and weddings, as our Hotel counts with several conference rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your GF Gran Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Hotel Adeje
- Adeje Gran Tenerife
- Costa Adeje Gran Hotel Tenerife
- GF Gran Costa Adeje Tenerife