Just got back from our 3rd girls holiday at the Adeje, everything was great from check in to check out as usual and we met up with the same group of Irish ladies who had been there last year which was lovely, and several other new groups of ladies on hen nights.
This year the hotel has introduced an 8€ person per night supplement for a pool/sea view room due to demand, so unfortunatley there were none left when we arrived. Our rooms 441/442 were on the side where the road is, and only got the sun at tea time but this was ok as we only went back to room at this time so got last bit of sunshine and the wonderful sunsets. There was noise from the road from about 7 in the morning and an air con unit on the outside wall, as ours was the last room in the block, but for 4 days it was not a problem, any longer of a stay and we would have asked to be moved. The room was kept spotless as usual by our maid, they work so hard and the 2nd change of towels at night is great as were the 2 bottles of Cava, as it was our birthdays.
The food as always is fantastic, from omelettes for breakfast to fish and salad for lunch and the wonderful fresh pasta station at night, the waiters and chefs work like mad to make sure all is right and they also deserve a big pat on the back and a "gracias" from us customers.
This year they had a couple more outside acts to entertain us after dinner, Sweet Sensation and Robbie Williams tribute act as well as the usual 3 Tennors and in house singers all excellent to listen to whilst we washed down the delicious cocktails and wine always served with a smile and well worth a small tip now and then.
One pool was being repaired, but we hardly noticed it, and the other heated pool was fully open, there is also the roof top pool which now has a bar open saving the 6 floor journey down to the lower bar. Yes there is peeling paint in areas but they are constantly doing repairs and do you really go on holiday to examine paintwork etc, I know I don't, just relax and enjoy all the great things about the Hotel.
We always go for a walk after breakfast to either, El Duque or La Calletta to the right down the hill or to Fanabe and Toriviscas and Americas to the left down the hill, great for burning of all those calories. The buses or taxis run from outside the Hotel to all these places and are reasonable in price, we paid 8€ to Americas in a 5 seater as we were going "shopping". The market opposite the hotel on Thursdays and Saturdays is always worth a visit too.
All the staff are to be commended for their hard work and helpful attitudes towards us guests and as I have already said a "gracias" goes a long way.
I am going again in May with hubby for 11 days and wanted a pool view and was willing to pay the extra, but none left again, so Ana showed me other rooms with good views, which was so kind of her, and made a note of the 1 I liked, with a view to upgrading to a pool view if 1 became available, they definitley go the extra mile.
We 5 ladies will be back next March for sure.
Thanks again Adeje Gran for a wonderful holiday, and the weather was glorious too, what more could you ask for just go and see for yourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COSTA ADEJE GRAN Hotel, a 5 star hotel located in Costa Adeje area in the south of Tenerife, has 485 rooms (double standard rooms and suites). Free WIFI access in all Hotel areas, and a huge variety of services and installations, as restaurants, bars, pools, sun terrace, shops, mini market, etc. Perfect for your family holidays as well as for couples and friends. We are also a perfect option for conferences, events and weddings, as our Hotel counts with several conference rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Onthebeach, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your GF Gran Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Hotel Adeje
- Adeje Gran Tenerife
- Costa Adeje Gran Hotel Tenerife
- GF Gran Costa Adeje Tenerife