Got back last week from a great holiday , first time at this hotel.
Very friendly greeting on arrival with a complimentary sparkling wine to greet us , nice.
We didn't ask for a room upgrade , we stayed in 310 and had a balcony with views of both the mountains and the sea , very nice.
Rooms were smashing , very spacious , huge bathroom , nice tv , nice big bed , 4-5 star standard.
The hotel itself is pretty big , and there are nice touches everywhere , the view from the lobby to the pool above is a strange one , but a talking point all the same.
We were half board and i work in the restaurant trade and i can say with conviction that the food is great , something for everyone and then extra nice touches for the sake of it.
Over the course of the week i had fresh prepped crab , grilled swordfish . veal steaks ,countless types of chorizo , olives and cheeses . The cakes were amazing.
Of course we did meet "one of those couples" who couldn't understand why they couldn't get roast beef and yorkshire puddings with sprouts. ugh!
The kids club was fantastic , my little lad had his 4th birthday here and they were amazing , the mini disco is great for the kids and the entertainment in the main bar area was lets say ,slightly classier than you would find in some of the family fun pubs.
The only gripe we had about the whole place was the people on All Inclusive crowding the bar and completely jumping the queue. I think the bar staff favoured serving them as it is quicker than getting the paying customers to sign for each drink. A small gripe , but it was more the other guests than the staff.
WiFi was a bit below par , but i managed to find a couple of good reception points. Although if you need to get a bit of work done , there was an internet cafe type area in the lobby.
There is an issue over towels by the pool . The first few days we were there , the pool guy went around before 10 am and moved everyones towels away...awesome!!
The look on the face of people coming back was priceless.
Overall we had a great time , made easy by the great animation team , the general demeanour of all of the staff , from the receptionists to the cleaner , to the pool guy , the hotel is well done out , maybe there are plusher 5 star hotels around , but whilst we were out and about , we never saw anywhere else we'd rather have stayed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COSTA ADEJE GRAN Hotel, a 5 star hotel located in Costa Adeje area in the south of Tenerife, has 485 rooms (double standard rooms and suites). Free WIFI access in all Hotel areas, and a huge variety of services and installations, as restaurants, bars, pools, sun terrace, shops, mini market, etc. Perfect for your family holidays as well as for couples and friends. We are also a perfect option for conferences, events and weddings, as our Hotel counts with several conference rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Booking.com, Onthebeach, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your GF Gran Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Hotel Adeje
- Adeje Gran Tenerife
- Costa Adeje Gran Hotel Tenerife
- GF Gran Costa Adeje Tenerife