“Very good hotel”

GF Gran Costa Adeje
Ranked #17 of 60 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Got back last week from a great holiday , first time at this hotel.

Very friendly greeting on arrival with a complimentary sparkling wine to greet us , nice.
We didn't ask for a room upgrade , we stayed in 310 and had a balcony with views of both the mountains and the sea , very nice.
Rooms were smashing , very spacious , huge bathroom , nice tv , nice big bed , 4-5 star standard.

The hotel itself is pretty big , and there are nice touches everywhere , the view from the lobby to the pool above is a strange one , but a talking point all the same.

We were half board and i work in the restaurant trade and i can say with conviction that the food is great , something for everyone and then extra nice touches for the sake of it.

Over the course of the week i had fresh prepped crab , grilled swordfish . veal steaks ,countless types of chorizo , olives and cheeses . The cakes were amazing.

Of course we did meet "one of those couples" who couldn't understand why they couldn't get roast beef and yorkshire puddings with sprouts. ugh!

The kids club was fantastic , my little lad had his 4th birthday here and they were amazing , the mini disco is great for the kids and the entertainment in the main bar area was lets say ,slightly classier than you would find in some of the family fun pubs.

The only gripe we had about the whole place was the people on All Inclusive crowding the bar and completely jumping the queue. I think the bar staff favoured serving them as it is quicker than getting the paying customers to sign for each drink. A small gripe , but it was more the other guests than the staff.

WiFi was a bit below par , but i managed to find a couple of good reception points. Although if you need to get a bit of work done , there was an internet cafe type area in the lobby.

There is an issue over towels by the pool . The first few days we were there , the pool guy went around before 10 am and moved everyones towels away...awesome!!
The look on the face of people coming back was priceless.

Overall we had a great time , made easy by the great animation team , the general demeanour of all of the staff , from the receptionists to the cleaner , to the pool guy , the hotel is well done out , maybe there are plusher 5 star hotels around , but whilst we were out and about , we never saw anywhere else we'd rather have stayed.

Thoroughly recommend

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank JonnyPoulter

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Enjoyed a lovely 5 day break at the Gran Hotel
Staff in abundance so your very pampered
We have a room with a fab view of pool and sea.
Adult pool on the roof ideal if you want peace and quiet -
Good entertainment and food!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank globespan
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed two nights in Costa Adeje Gran Hotel and we were really glad we did. The hotel has very nice amenities, something for everyone with 3 large pools and a fairly big roof pool (adults only). It also has tennis courts, football, I think minigolf and all you really need for your stay.

We were lucky with room (on the fifth floor so view good from both sides) and although not brand new, it was very comfortable.

The reception staff were just amazing, really good giving advice on authentic local restaurants and very helpful when checking out offering a guest room after 12 as we had a few hours to spare in the south of the island before leaving. Really friendly, smily and helpful.

I was doubting between the Iberostar Torviscas playa and the Gran Adeje when booking and I have to say we made the right decision. We went out one night around Torviscas and it was just too touristy. Adeje is quieter and less Benidorm like so it was much better for us.

I have not given it 5 stars as breakfast area was quite noisy at busy times and I think it could be a little bit more organised for a 5 star hotel, also as mentioned by others there is a good 10/15 minute walk down / or up from the closest beach.

We really enjoyed our stay and would repeat if in the area!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ECTravelingAround
Reviewed 7 June 2014

As regular visitors to Tenerife this is the first time we have stayed here.
We have in the last couple of years been going to Tenerife twice a year and have been going there since the 80's.
The Hotel its self is Very nice and has nearly every thing you could want. I say that because my self I prefer a hotel room with a Kettle and some cups and my be a glass or 2 (Just in case you want a cup of coffee in your room ore a glass of coke).
Sorry but I do like a coffee be for we head out.
We stayed and were B+B.
the breakfast we very good and had everything you would want apart from a good cup of coffee.
The machines they have for the coffee were rank.
Lets not get mislead apart from that the hotel and staff is very good and I would go back but would like to see a kettle and cups.
The snack bars and pools are good and is perfect for just a lazy day or 2.
The hotel is close to the shops not to far from the beech and has a market twice a week just across the road.

Room Tip: Ask for cups and kettle if we all do it they might get the message.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil B
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Excellent stay but try to avoid rooms on the first floor as there can be noise from the kitchen and dining room. The staff are what makes this hotel wonderful. They are kind, thoughtful and professional throughout your stay. The pool side bar restaurant is amazing value. You can get fish and chips, with 2 pieces of fish and loads of chips for only €5.50!! Other food on the menu was reasonable as well. The pools are wonderful, the rooms are lovely and very clean. The entertainment can be dire, but we just laughed and watched for the fun. The bar staff never stop working. We never go All Inclusive and we are glad because apparently the food during the day and the evening isn't that good. The breakfast is wonderful, the most choice i have ever seen at breakfast time. We would definitely go back, purely because it's a great hotel!

Room Tip: Higher floors will have less noise. Room 145 was very noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank colchie
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I just came back from a 5 night stay at the Costa Adeje Gran Hotel staying on a B&B basis, Costa Adeje is a nice area with some nice beaches nearby. On arrival at he hotel we were greeted by very friendly reception staff who explained everything to us. The reception area is light with high ceilings and a water feature. On arrival in the room, it looked very nice with plenty of space for the length of time we were staying, the bathroom was very specious along with a sliding door to the toilet cubical.
The food in the hotel is buffet style for all three meals with the added option of the pool bar for lunch and the a la carte restaurant for some of the evenings. As breakfast was included we did have this every day, there was a big selection for breakfast but it was a bit hit and miss on the cooked items, sometimes luke warm, sometimes not refilled, I stuck with fruit, bread and cheese which was all fine but did get a bit boring after 5 days. It was also very hot in the buffet arrea, even in the morning so a dread to think what it is like later on in the day. We went out everyday for lunch and everyday apart from one for evening meal, there are lots of places to eat at a resonable price within a few minutes walk.
La Laja the a la carte restaurant was very good, it has a good selection on the menu and was very good food, the only slight downside was that on arrival the voil type curtains that went around the restaurant were closed, as soon as the sun went down the staff opened the curtains which kind of turned the restuarant into an attraction for other guests who were wondering around the pool area to come and peer in at you to see what you are eating!
The hotel is rated as a 5* however I would say its more 4*, I think it probably was 5* when it first opened but it is starting to look a bit tired, there is a lots of peeling paint from damp on the walls and ceilings, things just look a little bit dated. Also while we were there one of the pools was closed off and emptied, there are other pools that could be used but i suspect that he pool had been leaking for sometime so not sure why they all of a sudden chose to empty it when the hotel was actually quite busy.
Overall a good stay but I would probably try somewhere else when in tenerife. I gave it the hotel an average score as the next rating is very good and i think the hotel is really between the two.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mossop10
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I'm writing this review on my last day of my one week holiday

First off This hotel is massive. I mean there is so much unused room in this place. The all inclusive option is well worth it. The staff are so friendly some find it hard to understand English but can't be blamed for that since there are people here from all over Ireland and the UK so there are all sorts of accents.

The hotel is well kept cleaners around all day.

The food is really nice but a let down is that there isn't a big selection as I've seen in other places and I seen that some of the chicken was a bit undercooked on one of the days. But if you can make it to the main dining restaurant then if your all inclusive you can go to the snack bar where there's a number of treats to suit you.

There are 4 pools, 1 is a kids pool very shallow. I stuck to the roof top pool as it was a bit more peaceful with no young ones running around screaming and shouting so could swim and sunbath in peace.

I can't comment on the daytime entertainment as I never went to any of the activities which is a first but it's not clearly indicated anywhere were everything is being held and when. My advice is to ask for a copy of the daytime activities at the front desk the lady was kind enough to make me a print out. The nighttime entertainment was just alright. I wouldn't rave about it. The one show I would look out for is the Mister Sister. It was well good.

The gym is very basic nat all that much in it which for a 5* hotel is quite disappointing and to use the sauna/ steam room you have to book it. You pay 15€ Per person and for only 2 people at a time and get access to this room which has a steam room, sauna, cold pool, jacuzzi, shower, pebble room which is ment to be good for your feet but I didn't feel the benefit and a bucket shower.

Another good thing is the hotel is in a good location. Not a long walk to the beach and there are a few shops nearby if you need anything.

Anyhow I think I covered about everything. If you do come here I hope you enjoy yourself.

Room Tip: I was in room 253 and in the evening you got the sunshine which was quite nice. But It is beside the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family