We went back to the Adeje Gran for my hubby's birthday again this year as he loved it last time, I have been going with my girlfriends for the last 4 years in March and have already booked for next March. The Hotel has everything we want, brilliant staff, lovely rooms which have all just been refurbished, great food and it's in a good location for getting around either on foot by bus or taxi.
We always have a sea/poolview room, which now comes at a supplement of 8 euros per person per night, which we think is worth it, but it's a personal choice. We always email the hotel and request our rooms and they have always tried their best to give us the ones ws ask for. We love to take a bottle of cava from the pool bar, to our room before dinner and sit on the balcony in the late afternoon sun and watch the world go by, so relaxing and one of the many perks of being all inclusive.
The food is always spot on and the fresh cooking and pasta stations are well worth the wait, just be patient after all you're on holiday, and a "gracias" will always be welcome as they work so hard. You can choose to go into the main dining room or turn left into the quiter side for a more relaxed dinner.
The old plastic white sun beds have now been replaced with comfy rattan ones, a very welcome change, but still the umbrellas do tend to blow over when it's windy. The pools are a little chilly but great to get into when it's hot and if you want total peace and quiet the rooftop pool is for you with the bar now open up there for "drinkies", bit too quiet for us though.
Most of the entertainment at night, especially the 3 Tenors the Elton John tribute act and Sweet Sensation are good to watch whilst sipping on a cocktail or vodka or 2. The waiters work very hard as there area lot of people to serve, but we find if you are friendly, smile and say gracias and perhaps give a tip now and then you will have no problem wether you go to the bar yourself or are served at your table, just chill out you're on holiday.
We like to get out and about most days so head for the promenade turn right and walk through El Duque and onto La Calletta, about 40mins, for a coffee or beer, or turn left to Fanabe 15 mins,Las Americas1hour15, and Los Christianos 1hour 45, for the shops. Buses and taxis are right outside the hotel to take you all over if you don't want to walk. The market across the road on Thursday and Saturday is well worth a visit. There are plenty of shops, bars and restaurants within a few minutes walk for a change of scenery either in the day or night.
There have been a lot of conflicting reviews on tripadvisor lately about the hotel, its "clientelle", dress code, peeling paintwork etc, all I can say is that everyone has their own ideas of what they want from a holiday and hotel, and as they say, "you can't please all of the people all of the time". This hotel is excellent value for money and suits us, we are both in our late 50's, it has everything WE want from a relaxing holiday in the sun. We have found, as I have said , all the staff to be helpful and very pleasant, the food to be of excellent quality, the service from the maids and waiters to be outstanding and the hotel is constantly being maintained and repaired as best as they can without too much disruption to the guests. Just go and see for yourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COSTA ADEJE GRAN Hotel, a 5 star hotel located in Costa Adeje area in the south of Tenerife, has 485 rooms (double standard rooms and suites). Free WIFI access in all Hotel areas, and a huge variety of services and installations, as restaurants, bars, pools, sun terrace, shops, mini market, etc. Perfect for your family holidays as well as for couples and friends. We are also a perfect option for conferences, events and weddings, as our Hotel counts with several conference rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Onthebeach, Ebookers, TravelUp, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your GF Gran Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Hotel Adeje
- Adeje Gran Tenerife
- Costa Adeje Gran Hotel Tenerife
- GF Gran Costa Adeje Tenerife