Firstly the good points:-
We requesed two interconnecting rooms as we travelled with our two children aged 13 and 10, we were concerned about not getting them, but were extremely pleased and relieved that our request had been met, the reception staff were very helpful and friendly.
The hotel is impressive when you arrive, beautiful big reception/lobby area and the rooms were very nice, unfortunately, the interconnecting rooms have a road view, but we were just pleased to have them so it didn't matter to us. The rooms were spacious with nice big bathrooms and a separate toilet area.
Everything in all areas was extremely clean.
The pool area was lovely, lots of trees, free use of hotel pool towels so no need to take your own unless your going to the beach, pools a bit chilly, but warmer than some we have been to.
The hotel is about a five minute walk down a hill to Duque Plaza and beach which was very nice (beware though, they wanted 25 Euros for three sunbeds for the day), the Plaza is full of designer shops and is therefore very expensive, as are the bars along the beach, on our last night we had two non-alcholic cocktails and two Baileys and it came to 26 Euros!!!!! However, you are paying to stay in a lovely area with nice people, not a lager lout in sight!! Downside, you have to walk back up the hill!!!
Now the not quite so good points:-
The beds were awful, we didn't sleep well all week and couldn't wait to land on ours when we got home, they were really hard and made spring noises when you turned over, also the air conditioning wasn't up to much, it wasn't really hot when we were there, but i'm not sure how it would be if the temperature rose to 80 degrees.
The entertainment was disappointing, lets face it, you don't go to these places expecting much, but other than a couple of acts, it was pretty bad, but the worst thing was, other than one night, all the entertainment was held in the bar/lobby area and not in the lovely function room, we couldn't understand it, so this made it difficult to see unless you were sitting at the tables at the front, because the acts were at ground level.
Finally - good / not quite so good - food
The cold starter buffet was lovely and we mostly enjoyed what was on offer and had plenty, but the main hot courses were not as good, the meat was rubbery most of the time, fish was good, everything else a little bland, but on the whole we were reasonably pleased with what we ate.
Staff we helpful and friendly, probably not really a 5* hotel, but with a bit of extra polish it could be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COSTA ADEJE GRAN Hotel, a 5 star hotel located in Costa Adeje area in the south of Tenerife, has 485 rooms (double standard rooms and suites). Free WIFI access in all Hotel areas, and a huge variety of services and installations, as restaurants, bars, pools, sun terrace, shops, mini market, etc. Perfect for your family holidays as well as for couples and friends. We are also a perfect option for conferences, events and weddings, as our Hotel counts with several conference rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, Alpha Holidays Limited, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your GF Gran Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Hotel Adeje
- Adeje Gran Tenerife
- Costa Adeje Gran Hotel Tenerife
- GF Gran Costa Adeje Tenerife