We booked this hotel only days beforehand from limited choice and availability for the time we wanted to travel. After booking, we checked tripadvisor reviews and realised the rooms did not have air conditioning. We took two portable fans for the room which had one ceiling fan, glad we did because even though they helped a bit, the rooms were still uncomfortable at times especially at night while sleeping. This was bearable but avoidable with an air con system. On occasions, we would leave the spare key in the slot with our extra fans running while we were out, only to find the maid had removed the key on our return. However, the girl on reception gave us another spare key without any fuss saying the cleaners keep doing that so someone must be telling them to? Here's a list of positives and negatives so you can decide if its right for you.
Good location for bars, shops, supermarkets, restaurants, and about 300 metres downhill to the beach, uphill coming back ofcourse.
Mostly friendly and helpful staff on reception and in the restaurant.
Food was acceptable for dinner (we were half board) for 3 star standards.
Rooms had kitchen facilities and a fridge and sitting area with TV including english channels.
Decent pool area, pool not massive but seemed adequate, sunbeds usually available although we chose to use the higher sun terrace which was quieter and had an open air shower.
No air conditioning in rooms which made it uncomfortable on occasions, especially at night when sleeping.
Beds and pillows were uncomfortable for us, we've experienced better.
Cleaning done most days but we found floors and balcony weren't always cleaned.
Breakfast choice and quality limited and repetitive, didn't think much of the bacon and you have to wait for things to come out of the kitchen as they wait until they run out first (not unusual to wait 5-10 minutes for some things, eg fried eggs)
Drinks at the pool bar very expensive (3-30 euros for a beer, 1-50 euros in the bar just outside the hotel. No milk shakes, no frappes, no atmosphere, so not used much. This is a shame as it would be used much more if the prices and choices were right bearing in mind a lot of people including couples and families use the pool areas, its an important part of the holiday isn't it?
Overall, we paid peak season prices in July for what we would describe as an average 3 star accommodation which would be much more enhanced and appreciated with a few of the negatives improved which is certainly achievable.
Therefore, our personal view is we would choose somewhere else next time until improvements were implemented, but wouldn't want to give the opinion to others it is a bad hotel, just not for us. It does have some good things going for it so you decide depending on your circumstances.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- deal for couples and family vacations in Tenerife. The HOVIMA Santa María in Costa Adeje , is situated in a special place of the Island of Tenerife, in a leisure and commercial area. From 300m of the beach and 350m of the harbor Colón. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Easy Market Spa, Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hovima Santa Maria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Maria Aparthotel Hotel Costa Adeje
- Aparthotel Santa Maria Adeje
- Santa Maria Tenerife
- Aparthotel Santa Maria Hotel Adeje
- Hovima Santa Maria Costa Adeje, Tenerife