“Wonderful could not fault at all..loved it!!”
Review of HOVIMA Santa Maria

HOVIMA Santa Maria
Ranked #43 of 58 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Wonderful could not fault at all..loved it!!”
Reviewed 28 August 2010

I have stayed at this hotel many times before and I can not fault it at all, its fantastic, the pool area has a large pool and 2 small pool areas for children aswel as another small pool for adults that is heated. The rooms are large regardless to whether you get a studio or a apartment as I have stayed in both and could not fault them at all, the rooms get cleaned everyday exceot sunday, towels and sheets every few days yet I prefer clean towels everyday so I put my towels in the bath (their way of knowing you want clean ones) and I always got clean ones no problem, I always stay self catering but I have ate in the hotel and it's not too bad. There is a shopping centre straight oposite the hotel which sells just about everything and is resonably cheap so we mainly went there for foods, there is a restaurant called Harleys which is fab you can eat in the cars outside it is brilliant for everyone, there is a cafe called sunshine right next to the hotel owned by an english couple and what a laugh we had here, its a cafe and bar and the food is very very cheap and you get loads on your plate to what you paid and they use english only products, they also have loads of entertainments on for adults and children so definently pay there a visit. This hotel is brilliant for everyone families, couples etc nothing wrong with it all the times I have stayed I have never once been able to fault it!! It is very close to the beach, shopping centres and bars, a taxi to las americas is only a few euros and the new water park (which is the largest in europe) is not far from this hotel we walked back from the water park to our hotel, pay this water park a visit its fantastic!!! The staff in the hotel are friendly any problems is sorted straight away and speak very very good english. I will be returning to this hotel again hopefully soon and can not wait to go back!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JodieandDavid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Workington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2010

We just returned from Santa Maria Hotel, We booked this appartment through Holiday rentals.co.uk and were offered a private appartment that sleeps 8in room 247. Our flight arrived at around 11.00pm and we were all tired from traveling, we meet the lady who owns the appartment and she showed us inside. All that i can say is that if i'd arrived during the day and had been able to see what we had booked i wouldhave turned around and walked away! This appartment was dirty (very), had no air conditioning, the balcony was very unsafe for my 2 year old to be on and the beds were the most uncomfortable ever. I did spot a bucket on the balcony and decide to try and clean it myself but on closer inspection i realised the bucket had no pole to join the mop head and the dustpan and brush was that rotten it wouldn't pick any of the dirt up. The hotel itself was dated and wasin need of refurbishmentalthough it did have a nice pool area suitable for babies but again looked as though it could do with a good clean. The hotel is in a good location, close to the beach and Costa Adeje is a really nice area to holiday in.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
lancashire england
Reviewed 28 June 2010

pleasantly suprised at size of room on arrival, we had a one bedroom apartment. it looked clean with a nice sized balcony. on returning to the room one afternoon spotted very big cockroach running round the walls, this did it for me i have never seen one in a hotel room before and it made me sick, i had to get my partner to check the room before i went in every time. we reported it and someone came and spread something around the floor but it did not work and saw them again on other occasions. we payed for bed and breakfast but i dont think it was worth it we found better and cheaper right outside the hotel also the dining room was packed with spanish people at breakfast and it was a struggle to find a table, we ended up eating out for brakfast after the first 2 mornings. pool area was ok plenty of loungers at all times. did not use the hotel bar so cannot comment on it. the hill to the hotel was not too bad if you are reasonably fit, but was fed up with it by the end of the holiday. less then 10 minutes walk from the beach via a lot of steps/hill.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Cleethorpes
Reviewed 10 June 2010

Although very quiet, (maybe because of the financial climate), there was a good selection of the usual shops, bars and restaurants, but you do need to be strong as they do try and talk you into theirs for the best meal in the world with free wine or sangria. Gordon Ramsays (yeah right) was very good with flambouyant breakfasts (2.99) and three courses for 7.95. Staff are all witty and very polite too.
The SIAM Park (30.00) was even better than any of the Orlando water parks. We've been to Blizzard Beach, WetnWild and typhoon lagoon and SIAM has it all! DO NOT MISS!
Catamaran (Eden) was a good 3 hour trip and they promised Dolphins and Pilot Whales and that was exactly what we got. However, do not get too excited about food and drinks on board...Just take something from the local supermarket.
Our transfers were booked through teletext (A 2 B transfers) and after a very quick departure from the airport, we were at the Santa Maria. (20, minutes).
Downside to Santa Maria was no air conditioning (We were in a promo suite).

Because of where we were situated we would be happy to go again with our grown up kids as the SIAM park would be legendary.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Southport,Merseyside
Reviewed 17 March 2010

We stayed at Santa Maria for the second week of our holiday (first week at Club Atlantis) and found it to be okay.The pool looked nice enough but we were put off by the German and Dutch tourists who where down there at 7am putting towels on beds and then going out for the day.
Loads of bars and restaurants nearby,the Sunshine cafe at the bottom of hill is really good for breakfasts etc.There is a new restaurant called Gordon Ramsays round the corner - Do not eat here!I had a seafood salad which consisted of 3 prawns and seafood sticks,followed by a pork steak that had been rolled round in dry herbs!Awful - burger king was better!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mich3653
chelmsford
Reviewed 3 March 2010

I booked an appartment at this aparthotel by using the owners direct web site, on arriving it bore no resemblance to the photos . I was so disatisfied that I phoned the owner straight away, left the appartment and booked into another hotel. the owner never replied to my phone call, email or letter. However the staff at the Santa maria were very plesant and helpful, the hotel it self looked clean and plesant which is more than could be said for the appartment.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ChelmsfordCats
Preston, UK
Reviewed 17 February 2010

I would say I've been here about seven or eight times. Last time would have been 2007 with a friend whilst visiting other friends who were living in Tenerife at the time. My first visit was with my parents as a child and after that we returned annually in the October half term.
Each time was better than the last, entertainment was piece-meal with Miss/Mr Santa Maria competitions and the like, but the convenient location, cleanliness and staff always made up for this! There are bars and restaurants in the immediate vacinity, though the accommodation is far enough away from the main "Veronica's" area to be a peacefull alternative.

• Stayed May 2007, travelled with friends
#22 of 58 in Costa Adeje
Pueblo Torviscas
Pueblo Torviscas
#9 of 58 in Costa Adeje

Been to HOVIMA Santa Maria? Share your experiences!