GF Isabel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
GF Fanabe(Costa Adeje)
  • Pool
Aparthotel El Duque(Costa Adeje)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Parque del Sol(Costa Adeje)
  • Pool
Yucca Park(Playa de Fanabe)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
GF Gran Costa Adeje(Costa Adeje)
2,887 results
All reviewsself cateringbedroom bungalowkids clubcanarian villagefamily hotelbouncy castlezip wireclimbing framemain poolkids poolevening entertainmentpool areashallow endcleaned every dayhalf boardgreat holidaysiam park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Isabel on 3rd August for 2 weeks. Myself my husband, my mum and dad and two children aged 11 and 12 were in our party. We requested beforehand that our bungalows could be next to each other (this was met) what a fabulous spot we had, right beside the swimming pool, room 735/736. Rooms are cleaned daily and are spotless. When we arrived at 9.20pm the receptionist rushed us through and was eager to get us to the restaurant for tea as it finishes at 9.30pm, fair play. All staff at the hotel are so friendly, animation team ask do you want to join in games etc... but don't pester you at all. Whilst we were there it was my husbands birthday and they left a card, chocolates and cava in the room-nice touch :-) we visited Siam Park which was fab....I would recommend you booking beforehand as you get a free £5 towards food at the park-there wasn't any good discounts out there. We paid 182 euro for the 6 of us. All in all fantastic family hotel, staff can't do enough for you....we would DEFINITELY go back :-)

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank andreagriffiths1
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is our first family holiday in 6 years and we found this hotel great for breaking us back in to package holiday experience.

Staff:- All the staff were helpful, friendly and personable from the cleaning staff to reception.
The entertainment staff were great fun and made an effort to include everybody if you wanted to be included.

Accommodation:-
We liked how the accommodation was set out and although we did try to upgrade to a Bungalow with a jacuzzi, our apartment did suffice. I do see what people mean about modernisation, particularly the bathroom however the bathroom it is totally functional and our intention was only ever to use the apartment as a base anyway.
We did occasionally have to deal with cockroaches which were a nuisance but certainly did not detract from our stay.

Restaurant:-We chose the BB option but unfortunately, the options were not to my OH's taste, not enough variety for those with specific dietary requirements. We do not blame the hotel for this though as we did not think to specify. My kids did not enjoy the options much either and complained that the milk for cereal was often warm - in the past, we have always been wary of booking any meals so more than anything, this was a lesson learned for us as this does not suit us personally.

Local bars and restaurants:-
As to be expected, the bars were family friendly - my OH preferred the food that we had when we went to Los Christianos and I personally found it cheaper and the food better quality there.

Entertainment:-
The staff work very hard and are committed to putting on a good act which in the main they do very well however, it ended earlier than I had experienced on other holidays and I felt that it could have been more interactive - things like quizzes, competitions and bingo might not go amiss and even a bit of karaoke - this certainly would have kept us going off and spending our money elsewhere of an evening.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Peter C
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The hotel is well run and managed, staff in all departments are efficient,pleasant,and informative.
If you want to get away from the maddening crowds this is not the hotel for you,the dining room seats 400 i have been told and i believe it, the food is good but a little repetitive.
Is their a dress code for dinner NO go as you please,the hotel is great for families with small children.
If you have walking problems this area is not for you ,the hotel has lifts to all floors and ramps around the pool for access.
The fourth has a adult only area.
As for the sunbeds it is the same old same old story.
If you want good views and a bit of privacy go for the apartments they go up to eight floors from the top floor you get a great view of the resort.
To travel around the resorts get the bus from the market which is to the right of the hotel across the way from a small shopping center , the market is on twice a week .
If you want food drink etc go out of the hotel turn left and you will find a shopping center .
And we did have a cockroach in the bungalow our fault for leaving a window open at night,and yes they are not bungalows but low rise apartments with grass to the front or a tilled area.
This review is a speak as you find one, and i have said enough .

Room Tip: go for a high floor apartment for the view and a bit privacy .
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank arcstar
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Kick off by saying that I don't understand some of the negative comments made by other guests.
Ants/cockroaches ?....it's a tropical island, there's many more of them than us and they are much smaller. Go to Iceland, there's none there.
We were in room 409, had a load of ants. The maid came up with a tin of ant nuke and that was the end of them for the remainder of the holiday.
We were sc. room had a microwave, fridge, 2 rings and a kettle. What more do you need ? We weren't there to cook a Sunday roast.
Staff were ok. No complaints there.
I was surprised that the pool toilets didn't have any kind of soap in them to wash hands. Nothing on the wall or even bars of soap on the basins.
Not good for the all inclusive food bar.
All in all, the hotel was good. I'd go back with my family so there's an accolade right there.
Good work Isabel

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Danny M
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this Hotel for 2 weeks July 26th-August 9th
Family of four 2 x adults and 2 x children aged 11yrs and 8yrs
Raised level Bungalow 533- grassed area with path to door and a pool view.
From check in to check out we had a fantastic holiday at this hotel never have 2 weeks passed so quickly.
Our bungalow was lovely spotlessly cleaned and in a fabulous location,the hotel and areas again are spotlessly clean,pool cleaned every morning,and in my mind the best idea I have come across of chaining the pool and sunbed area opening it at 9am!!
Food was in abundance,drinks were waiter served to your table,super bar and lounge areas.
All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful,the Animation Team were excellent,I could go on and on!!
The area it's self is really nice with a fabulous promenade, we went on a Catamaran whale and dolphin trip "amazing",and caught a local bus to Los Gigantes,we booked through Jet2 Holidays and had unlimited access to Siam Park what an amazing waterpark with a free bus!!!
If you are staying here you will have a wonderful holiday,if you are thinking of booking this hotel "do it"
Thank you Hotel Isabel we had a 10/10 time