Having stayed with Iberostar in Tenerife before, we thought it would be a sure bet to book their San Eugenio hotel, but it doesn't live up to the others by any stretch of the imagination. Located right next to the beach, so excellent position, it is however down quite a few steps and the path is in need to repair. There are a lot of places to eat, cheap beer and karaoke to hand, the hotel offers entertainment every night and some of it was excellent, particularly the Elvis show, entertainment for all ages.
The rooms are past their sell by date, so to pay full price was disappointing, worn out furniture, paper thin mattresses, mouldy bathroom tiles, ineffective aircon, which pumped cigarette smoke into the room, the airer on the balcony was held together with pieces of card. The room was dirty above eye level, although the rooms were cleaned every day, with fresh towels, however, my husband dropped a glass and just the glass pieces were cleared up after we asked for someone to clean it up and the shards spread across the room were left, as there is no way of cleaning it up yourself this was a problem, the glass was not replaced and we gave up asking, collecting clean glasses from the bar instead, which disappeared from the room everyday. The fridge leaked and we had an ant infestation, making themselves at home in my hand luggage bag which had to be cleaned out, not nice.
The breakfast buffet was comprehensive, and served between 7 and 10. It was shocking to see people making sandwiches at this time and then looking around, so know it was against hotel rules and then stuffing food into their bags, quite sad and one has to wonder why!
There are two pools, one overlooks the sea, excellent views, 1.05m up to 1.5m deep, the other 1.45m to1.75m, both were freezing cold, however this was welcome on the warmest days, they were very clean and so was the pool area. There were not enough sunbeds to go around the first week we were there, the most frustrating thing was there is a sign that says reserving of sunbeds is forbidden, yet many stake their claim to a bed at 7am and the umbrellas too, as there is few umbrellas this was a nightmare. Nobody wanted to take responsibility for stopping this annoying practice which spoils the holiday relaxation, other hotels we have stayed in, the lifeguard has two baskets, they remove towels after 15mins and put them in the basket and personal belongings in the other basket, so why can't they do this too. The lifeguard was rarely on his station, and often wandered off when there were young children alone in the deeper pool, this also wouldn't have been allowed elsewhere particularly as the sign says they must be accompanied.
The pool bar served excellent coffee, they take no cash, a shame for the staff where tips are concerned and it also means you must carry your hotel card and settle the bill at reception. I know this is common practice, but difficult on the last day when you have checked out of your room and need a drink.
The hotel has a serious pigeon problem, they bathe in the pools, land on chair, pester you on your sunbeds and hover around the pool bar area, pigeon poo is on everything and they are very tame, they also sit on the balconies and one tried to come through our open balcony door, there is also extensive building work being carried out on the solarium and floors 9 and 10, so all windows removed, drilling all day etc, on our 2nd day the builders began knocking down the balconies on the floor where the restaurant is, and this was non stop drilling and banging all day, scaffolding was erected by the pool too, we were not told of any of this when booking. Although reviews do mention that you do not go on holiday to sit in your room, you do need comfort when the day is done and you go to unwind, and we didn't find the rooms to deliver this.
The staff, however, were very polite and friendly.
Best places to visit, Rossini, opposite the hotel, amazing food, very funny and friendly waiter, a must for dinner. The Pheasant Plucker cheap booze, nice staff, the comedian on Sunday nights was so funny he had us in tears.
Overall, disappointed with the hotel but location was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Bouganville Playa Hotel is a family hotel in Costa Adeje, along the shores of Playa del Bobo. This top hotel is ideal for family holidays on the island of Tenerife thanks to its attentive and professional staff, countless fun-filled activities, and the best in comfort that you could imagine during your stay along the Costa Adeje. The IBEROSTAR Bouganville Playa offers its clients the best possible service. StarPrestige: Find the exclusive benefits and services offered in this new zone. Book your room in the new StarPrestige zone. All Star Prestige rooms and the Star Prestige zone are both exclusively for adults. In this distinct area you will enjoy personalised services, private access to whirlpool tub and sunbathing area with spectacular views of the sea, open bar on the restaurant’s terrace serving water and fruit during the day, courtesy mini bar, free Wi-Fi, daily national and international newspapers and late check-out at no extra charge, subject to availability. Entertainment. The IBEROSTAR Bouganville Playa offers guests an extensive list of leisure options available at all hours of the day including fitness room, nightly music and dancing, karaoke bar, indoor and outdoor sports, and an amazing sandy beach to relax and play. Tenerife—An Aquatic Paradise. The island of Tenerife has become a favourite travel destination for all water-related sports. Close to the hotel are numerous businesses and schools providing lessons or tools for your water-sport needs during your Playa del Bobo vacation. Sports include scuba diving, windsurfing, sailing, and water skiing, among others. Fun and Games for the Smallest Travelers. Children can have a good time at the hotel's Mini-Club, specifically designed for them, where they can play and learn with many activities. For a nominal fee, parents, in turn, can take advantage of the hotel's evening childcare service in order to get away for a peaceful evening with the assurance that their little ones are in the best hands. Premium Wi-Fi. The hotel offers exclusive free premium Wi-Fi in all its facilities. A fine connection – 3.5Mb in up to six devices – to use during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Iberostar, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and TravelUp so you can book your Iberostar Bouganville Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Bouganville Playa Hotel Costa Adeje
- Iberostar Hotel Bouganville Playa
- Iberostar Hotel Adeje
- Bouganville Playa Tenerife
- Iberostar Bouganville Playa Costa Adeje, Tenerife