“Yet again another enjoyable and interesting stay at the Bouganville.”

IBEROSTAR Bouganville Playa
Ranked #14 of 60 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This must be our 12th stay at the hotel We stayed from 27th June for two weeks and every year we say maybe a change this time.
Every time we return we realise why we come back.
The reception staff Flory, Marcus, AnneCecile,Dorote and Pepe to name but a few, always remember us and make us feel most welcome.
Of course the rooms are a bit tired but this is in the process of being rectified by a major program of renovation the cleaning staff work extremely hard to keep the rooms clean and habitable.
The technical staff also work exstemely hard behind the scenes and in conjunction with the reception team resolve any problems ASAP. Thomas being most helpful.
The restaurant although very busy is in our experience run with the client very much to the fore.
The food is always of a very good standard and in my case they attend to my dietary needs, supplying pork chops. A special mention for Bernardo our waiter who is a credit to his profession and the Bouganville. Renaldo,Socas, Ernesto and Begonia to name a few make us feel like valued guests.
The building works - We and other guests found it to be fascinating. As for noise and disturbence, it was no problem. The loudest noise was from outside the Hotel in the street where they had a team and a JCB ripping up the road.Will be back again soon.

Room Tip: Sea views are worth paying extra for.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank janice2528

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Just back from a tremendous weeks stay in the Bouganville playa. Hotel is lovely, excellent facilities and location is brilliant. Staff were very friendly & food couldn't have been any better. We discovered that the top three floors have all been upgraded & you can pay a small supliment

• Stayed: July 2013
7  Thank Simmy137
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stayed here from the 12th-19th July 2013 and thoroughly had a most comfortable stay. The hotel is big, very clean and the staff work very hard to keep everyone happy.

My room was immaculately decorated and renovated to a very high standard and came with a flat screen television(with skysports) fridge, fantastic sea and mountain views, hair dryer and even some complimentary chocolates! I couldn't complain, thus I am somewhat confused about other reviews regarding room standards but I was told on arrival by a lovely receptionist that I was to be put on the newly renovated junior suite so maybe other floors are different.

The dining area is big, and has practically everything one could indulge in. Salads, soups, bread, three or four different kinds of meat, papas, vegetables, pasta, lasagne, paella which I thought tasted wonderful. Little minors I shall say are on the first morning for my breakfast the milk was full of skin but was ok the following days, I think someone must have brought that up to the staffs attention, the fish is great, though beware of all the bones as I were spitting them out left right and centre :) and finally the lasagne which I thought must of been undercooked as I was kept up all the night constantly running to the loo!.
I tried everything except the chocolate pancake things in the morning, which personally I don't understand how people can eat chocolate for their breakfast but each to their own.

The staff were nice, smiling and would do anything you require if you asked them, I wanted to know where the brown sauce was and the waiter got me some in a bowl which I thought was good, however I had already walked the trek down to get some(the other end of the canteen) but it showed me they do care. There is a small guy I think he is called Domingo always bouncing around, a real character made me laugh.

Costa Adeje is a lovely area and has no looky looky men, crime, or street walkers and is ideal for families, couples or solo travellers such as myself. San Eugenio is a nice town with a mall that has good shops and cafes and is only 5 minute walk up the road.

Finally to sum up this review, I had a brilliant holiday and a lovely stay at the Bouganville playa, I loved the pool areas, the gym, the entertainment staff were nic
e and pleasant(Loved the game of golf straight after my gym workout lol) and I shall definitely consider another stay in the future with family or friends.

P.S I were told by jet2 that there would be renovation work before I arrived but I need not of worried at all because they are extremely minor and had finished(the room renovation work) before I had arrived hence had absolutely no effect on my holiday enjoyment. However be aware of the road works outside on the corner but that is beyond the hotels control and shall only bother you if you drink or eat around there which I didn't.

Room Tip: I had room 906 and was very happy, excellent views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank RightousIntentions
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We originally wanted to return to the Esmeralda (luabay Costa Adeje) but were unable to get what we wanted. So we opted for the Bouganville. Located in mirror position to the Esmeralda on the other side of the Marina. It turneout to be an excellent choise. The bouganville is a large hotel built at right angles to the beach which means all rooms have a sea view except for those near to an adjacent hotel on the marina side. The rooms were a little "tired" but were clean and serviced each day, (a nice little touch - the hotel presented me with an ice'd bottle of bubbly in the room on my birthday, got the info from my passport!) This is a family hotel of some standing that caters for all your needs. The dining room is huge being built on a slope the dining roonm is 2 floors below street level. I think it must must cater for about 1000 people, the food was excellent pity - about the Spanish milk! the location is excellent- better than the Esmeralda because it is right on the beach.(for those who know - the Geranium walk is at the rear of the hotel, this costal walk stretches from Duque all the way to Los Christianos). Down near the H10 hotel is the "Cosy Cafe", English proprietors who use "proper milk" so the tea and coffee tastes OK. Like a lot of hotels on the Adeje coast there are hills to climb, and the Bouganville is no exception built on a slope so that means a climb on the way back when you are tired, BUT there is a wicket door at poolside level that your room key will open so if you use it, the hotel lifts will do the rest.
Would we return to this hotel definitely YES. Value for money Yes. Transfer times 20mins. What to do - almost anything you can think of. Shops bars galore, beaches as far as the eyes can see and boat trips out to see the Dolphins, Theme Parks. Sunsets to die for, wall to wall sunshine and 12000ft of dormant volcano just behind you, What more do you want. Best holiday in a long time You can,t fail to enjoy yourselves.

Room Tip: Foor 9 gives you fantastic views. The hotel is at right angle to the beach, so one side faces south...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Barry J
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Everything you would expect from a 4 star hotel at a 3 star price but I found it rather soulness. I did not like the fact that you could not eat outside only in a canteen atmosphere but the food was good. staff were ok apart from sending me to the pool bar which was closed. I would not stay there again but that reflects my dislike of large soulness hotels with blandness as their major characheristic

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
2  Thank wanderer27122
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Bouganville Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Guest,
First of all we would like to thank you for choosing our IBEROSTAR Bouganville Playa hotel for your holidays as well as for the time and effort that you spent sharing a review on your personal experience as this is our best way to get to know where we can improve in our daily work in order to offer great holiday experiences to our guests.
We are surprised and sorry to read your comment on our hotel’s atmosphere as this particular hotel hosts many repeating guests mostly thanks to the welcoming and peculiar atmosphere given by our employees and many activities made to make our guests feel at home away from home, nevertheless we understand that not everybody is into participating in social activities and maybe due to the high occupancy during the peak season we were not able to transmit our desire to offer a personal approach to each and every guest.
On the other hand we thank you for letting us know that the culinary offer could satisfy you; at IBEROSTAR we know that dining is an important factor for visitors during their holidaysthi sis why our hotel offers several dining establishments with some of the best gastronomic options available ranging from traditional Canary Islands dishes and international cuisine to barbecue specialties, attempting to please everyone's palates.
Last but not least, we thank you for pointing out our staff, the kindness and helpfulness of our personnel is one of our main strengths, this is why we are happy to read that you mention them positively in your review.
Finally, we would like to offer you a personalized booking guidance through our call center for any upcoming holiday planning as we have a wide choice of hotel types worldwide, ranging from the cozy boutique hotels to the bigger luxury ones, for you to choose the one that best fits your holiday needs and wishes.
Once again, thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR, we hope that you had a nice journey back home and to may serve you again in the near future.

Kindest Regards,
Online Reputation Manager
IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed 21 July 2013

A few years ago I stayed close to this hotel and was impressed by foyer and service at this hotel so we decided to book a break here. My, it was awful. It started well, check in was easy, we even were given a complimentary drink by the smiling porter. However it went downhill after that. Our bedroom on the 7th floor was smelly, bedding and towels were torn, furniture and walls stained, and balcony furniture was dirty. For £700 this was not acceptable. I immediately asked to be moved. They said they only had one other room next door. It was the same but not suck a bad smell. The receptionist said he could get us a better room the next day. After asking twice at the desk we eventually got shown another room on the 10th floor. These rooms are the same but newly painted. I decided they weren't worth the extra £210 for a paint job. Surely all rooms should be of this standard?

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
1  Thank Bassmama1
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Bouganville Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Guest,
First of all we would like to express our gratitude for your visit at our IBEROSTAR Bouganville Playa hotel as well as for the time you spent writing your personal impressions on your stay so we can take your vision into account to improve in our daily services.
We are sorry to hear your disappointment related to our rooms; however we would like to point out that a complete refurbishment of the top floors accommodations has been made, these are now Star Prestige accommodations subject to a supplement, apart from painting the walls, the bedroom and bathroom furniture has been replaced and the corridors completely renewed.
On the other hand we thank you for highlighting the kindness of our staff and the efficiency of our reception.
We hope that you had a nice journey back home and to may serve you again in our hotels worldwide ensuring you in advance of our utmost caring dedication.
Friendly Regards,
Online Reputation Manager
IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I have just returned from my 4th stay at the Bouganville (16/06/13-30/06/13). The hotel is in the perfect location as there is shopping, restaurants and many amenities nearby. It's far enough away from the busy Veronicas strip, but also within a walking distance from the main shopping areas in Las Americas (the walk is about 30 minutes which I class as my holiday exercise, but there are always taxis available).

The hotel is always very clean and the tiled floor in the reception is always gleaming. Yes, the rooms are in a need of refurbishment, but they are always clean and tidy to a very high standard and are still comfortable. Although there are only 2 sockets in the room, we solved this problem easily by taking an extension cable with us. As said in other reviews yes the TVs are old, but they do work. The air con in our room (346, a side sea view) did work, although we rarely needed to use it.

As usual the food is great and freshly prepared, with a vast selection of food every night to cater to the fussiest of tastes. (I would personally recommend lunch). You often see the mangers going around during the meal times to ensure that the service and quality is being delivered, which is a really nice touch. As ever the staff are beyond helpful and friendly and do go that extra mile for you. I would like to say a big thank you to Ruben, who has waited on us every day of our holiday for the last 4 visits. He provides a service which is beyond anything I could ever explain. Every evening he is ready for us to arrive with our drinks and table waiting and was always smiling, friendly and chatty.

The entertainment staff work so hard and always have an activity planned and are always lively and enthusiastic. My favourite evening of entertainment were the Three Tenors, which I really recommend not missing. Sun beds do go quite quickly in the morning. There are plenty of sun beds and if the pool gets really busy then they do lay out extra beds. I really would recommend this hotel for anyone, as it is so versatile and can suit anyones needs.

I recommend going to Harley's American bar at (5/10 mins walk towards Adeje) it has an amazing cocktail menu.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
#17 of 60 in Costa Adeje
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
#12 of 58 in Playa de las Americas

Been to IBEROSTAR Bouganville Playa? Share your experiences!