Iberostar Bouganville Playa
US$236
US$160
Melia.com
US$613
GF Gran Costa Adeje(Costa Adeje)
US$182
US$169
  • Breakfast included
GF Fanabe(Costa Adeje)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$563
HotelsClick
  • Beachfront
4,091 results
All reviewsstar prestigehalf boardstar barside sea viewpheasant pluckerpool areasky sportsplenty of choicegreat holidayplenty of sunbedsanimation teamwalk in showermeal timesreception staffbreakfast and dinnerlas americassomething for everyone
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 October 2013

i used to live next to the bouganville playa in las americas so i decided it was a good idea to have a sneeky look around and i found myself in the resteraunt what a view over playa de troya beach the window is 3 storys high overlooking numerous pooks and sun areas plus tennis courts there is also a free gym in the basement plus room service you can go room only b+b,full board and all inclusive which i would not recomend because there are quality bars and resteraunts over the road and down the hill you are basicly center of town.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor facing the sea the view of la gomera in the morning is breathtaking.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank neil t
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here for 2 weeks, sept13 to 27th. Great location, nice hotel.
I've worked for Top hotel company in Trust house forte.
Nice gesture of bucks fizz on arriva. Was allocated room 532. Very dated furniture, a fridge that leaked, and a bed that rolled around the room. I had payed an extra 396pound for a side sea view. They got the side view right but facing a road with noise from various bars. In the bathroom, i had to sit sideways on the toilet, because there was no room, between sink and the toilet. I wasn't going to complain because we wasn't in the room all day. I must say thou, the cleaners deserve a medal, the room was spotless every day. The food was plentiful, but warm. But a great choice for everyones needs. Waiting staff always efficient. My main vote of efficiency, goes to the entertainment team during the day, they were marvellous, always courteous, and always remember your name. Plus i won a medal in french bowls. Pools are great and loungers are always available. The down side is being half board, any drinks you purchase have to be payed for at the end of the holiday. Which can be very expensive. I think this should be changed to benefit the tourist. All in all excellent stay, brilliant location, would stay again if given a more modern room, and the hotel changed its pay for drinks scheme at end of holiday. Like myself, i like to pay upon service on the day. I would like to thank you all for making our stay a happy and pleasant one.
Mr clarke and miss h thomas.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank chummo63
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Stayed here from 13th September for two weeks, this is our sixth time here. There is major disruption due to ongoing overdue renovations but the hotel has been able to work round this very well and it shouldn't cause any major problems to anyone staying there. If you have been there before and know the layout of the hotel then you will hopefully be able to picture what's going on from my update below.
The main disruption is in the main restaurant which is closed till the end of October, it is totally gutted right back to the concrete walls and floors. The gym beside the large swimming pool has been converted into another restaurant which is waiter service only, we used it twice, really good service, four course meal, free wine and beer, only stipulation is that there is no choice of meal, however the set meals were beautiful. Don't know how long they will be doing this for but I would guess till the big restaurant is up and running again, then you'll need to pay for drinks again!
The BBQ restaurant beside the gym has been opened up for breakfast lunch and dinner but gets busy.
We were given a free upgrade to room 1007, that's one of the top two floors that have been renovated, some good and bad bits to this. The good part is that the air conditioning has been replaced, works well when the patio doors are closed, and it's very quiet. The tv has been replaced with big LCD one with three English channels.
The outside wall around the balcony has had the old crumbling concrete planter and the top removed, there is a nice new white marble top added and I think the wall is slightly lower.
All the fittings in the bedroom and the bathroom have been replaced with
White ones which unfortunately do appear to be of a cheap chipboard like material, the stopper on the fridge door in our room had already fallen off. All the walls have the original paper which has been painted over with white paint, room does look good, certainly more modern.
The bathroom has had the bath removed and a big walk in shower fitted, the shower is great but badly fitted, leaks like a sieve at the bottom of the door, I found a facecloth placed to the shower head side off the door helped divert water back into the tray. We had relatives two rooms away who had exactly the same problem, cleaner had to take away soaked shower mat each morning.
People have complained about the Kango hammer noise, yes it's there but kept to a minimum, didn't really affect me as I was out most of the time walking around the huge number of shops in the area.
All in all this hotel is great, as I say ive been there numerous times, love it, love the area, (El Canarios Bar just down hill a bit, is rough and ready, but great atmosphere, manager Sam and his staff make you very welcome, I sang karaoke for the first ever, and I'm 50 years old!)
Also when your at the hotel go to floor 11, marked "A" for attic on the lift buttons. Get out of lift and turn right, follow corridor and go out to roof for best view of sunsets ever, right over La Gomera.
Hope all this helps.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank WilliamandHeidi
Reviewed 30 September 2013

OK so this was our 6th stay so surely that tells you something this hotel is just everything we could ask for. Before we went I sent an email asking for a room on the 3rd floor or higher & was given a room on the 3rd floor. Yes the rooms are dated but how much time do you spend in your room, they are clean what does it matter about what state the furniture is in. Whilst we were there the restaurant on level -2 closed & they opened a new restaurant on level -3. The new restaurant was ok but the food stations get quite busy as everyone wants to be at the same place at the same time. Also quite a bit of the seating is outside, I know it doesn't rain that often but if it does this will be a problem. Also they opened a second restaurant whilst we were there, a themed restaurant it is a set 4 course menu it is free to use if staying HB or AI. We didn't go as over the 7 days we were there, there was only 2 menus & both had seafood courses & my partner is not a lover of seafood. Pool area yes you get people putting their towels on sunbeds but there was really no need as we went to the pool anywhere from 10am - 11am most mornings and always managed to get beds. On our last morning we were going for breakfast at 7.05 (early pick up for flight) & couldn't believe people had already been down & put towels out. Anyone who has an early flight we didn't book an early breakfast & breakfast doesn't start until 7:30 but as I said we went down at 7:05 and there was already people eating breakfast & nobody stopped us going in. Please don't be put off by other reviews.

Room Tip: everytime we have stayed here we have always had a sea view, most of the rooms do so don't go paying extra for a sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skinner44
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Not a bad hotel. In great location.

Rooms are kept clean as are the 2 pool areas. Food not bad is decent both at breakfast and evening. If you like food dishes they always have several in the evening. Look out for Domingo in the restaurant......great waiter.

Small issues would be that rooms need a bit of a lift with some more decoration and the toilet facilities on the pool level can be a bit smelly.

• Stayed: June 2013