This is a nice hotel in a very good position but in all honestly 4 * is rather optimistic !3.5 would be nearer the mark. For a big hotel it is very quite, the corridors have carpet tiles down the middle and the area near the lifts is carpeted too. The room though are not - unlike the Iberostar Torviscas Playa where we stayed last year ( and which really does deserve 4* ) The rooms are pretty much what you’d expect, one plus is the provision of a fridge in all the rooms.
What does need addressing though is the décor. It did seem to be a bit of an early 1980s time warp with a lot of dark yellow and dark brown wood. It really does need decorating throughout, tired is probably the best way to describe it.
There are two large swimming pools, the small one is heated ( a bit ), the large pool was FREEZING !!!!!!!!
Although there is entertainment at the hotel most nights we went out but two of the shows, tributes to Abba and the Supremes in particular were really good and way above the average.
The restaurant has a strange layout. There are several serveries but the vegetables are some way away from the meat and fish dishes, It works ok but is a bit strange. If you’r thinking of having wine with your dinner its VERY EXPENSIVE. There are special offers on Tuesday and Friday which are worth having . We were half board but we were very surprised to see on the wine list that you have to pay extra if your on an all inclusive package which does seem to defeat the object somewhat.
The quality of the food did vary and there was a not a lot of vegetarian options, unlike the Torviscas.
Some nights it was pretty good, others bland, and there was little fruit available other than papaya. Breakfasts were fine.
We were there a week and the big test of a hotel is would you go back ? Yes we would but only if we could not get in at the Torviscas which really is the best holiday hotel we have stayed in.
One thing though I do need to add is a health warning about the prices in Tenerife. In most cases things are cheaper in England. We did some shopping in the Carrefour at Santa Cruz, spirits and wines are cheaper in ASDA ! Other things seemed about the same as the UK
In the local shops in Playa las Americas the owners seem to have lost touch with reality. A 200ml bottle of Pantene £5.40. A small packet of Hobnobs £3.80. £15 for a small bottle of Nivea sun cream and over £4.50 for a jar of Ragu ! and £1.80 0 for a Bounty. No wonder many of the ”supermercados” were like mausoleums and that so many shops were SE VENDE !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a pleasant atmosphere and excellent service, the IBEROSTAR Bouganville Playa hotel in Costa Adeje is a 4-star hotel that offers amazing accommodation for couples and families with children. At the Bouganville Playa hotel, fun goes without saying. Here children will make friends at the Miniclub where they'll have all kinds of adventures, games and activities under the supervision of our monitors. Plus, they'll also enjoy the children's playground, shows, pools... There's a bit of everything so they never stop having a good time. For their part, the adults have a special entertainment programme, delicious cuisine offered at two restaurants and three bars, a fitness room, a nearby golf course, free Wi-Fi and other services and facilities. Plus, the Bouganville Playa hotel also offers the Star Prestige service which includes access to the rooftop VIP zone, featuring a whirlpool bath and chill out terrace, sensations showers, an area with Balinese beds and sun loungers, daily press with coffee and snacks, late checkout and other services for distinguished guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Iberostar, Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Bouganville Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Bouganville Playa Hotel Costa Adeje
- Iberostar Hotel Bouganville Playa
- Iberostar Hotel Adeje
- Bouganville Playa Tenerife
- Iberostar Bouganville Playa Costa Adeje, Tenerife