“I can't wait to go back”

Iberostar Bouganville Playa
Ranked #12 of 61 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Reviewed 3 October 2009

Upon arrival, we were greeted by friendly, helpful staff and the porter who took our luggage to the room was so good because my room wasn't quite ready. He dealt with it promptly and the maid arrived there and then to clean the room. My friend had a problem with her safety deposit box and this was rectified immediately.
The room was clean, may be in need of some upgrading but I have stayed in much worse and could not fault anything with the room, maid service or cleanliness. Towels were changed each day. The room was also very quiet.
I was going for a really quiet relaxing time and that's exactly what I got. The staff in the restaurants and bars were excellent and made you feel really welcome. The food was good and there was always something to eat. We were all inclusive and only had to pay for an ice lolly. I think this is the friendliest hotel I've ever stayed in and would go back in an instant.

4  Thank ClaireH_17
Write a ReviewReviews (3,930)

Reviewed 1 October 2009

This hotel badley needs a refurb. We went back to this hotel after staying there three years ago, and what a difference. Service level is not as good, neither is the food. Next time we'll be staying in an apartment, which works out cheaper when you consider that most of our 11 days we went out and bought food. Across the road is the Winning Post , were we had the worst breakfast ever,it was cold, and just slopped on the plate, the tea cups were filthy. Best place for food is the Wigan Arms, brilliant breakfast for €3 and best cup of tea on the island (and clean cups), served up by Sheila. If your hungry try the steak and ale pie, brilliant!. For the best entertainment try the 'Pheasant Plucker', just across the road from the hotel, were we spent most of our eventings. They have first class acts on , but the best is the compare, Craig Shaw, ( ask him for the 'Chicken Song'). Most expensive for drinks, (even when there is no entertainment) , is the Irish 'Temple Bar', what a rip off!!

1  Thank Maid_Marri0n
Reviewed 29 September 2009

As my sister lives in Tenerife I tend to visit between 2-3 times a year. This time I decided to stay at the Iberostar Bouganville with my friend. Upon arrival the check-in was quick and staff were friendly. We were allocated a room on the 6th floor. This was overlooking the sports courts but we had a fantastic view of the pools, beach/sea and the main road into town. Our room was very spacious and there was more than enough room for the both of us and our clothes!!!
Restaurant - The food on offer at the Bouganville is fantastic, so much choice available for evey course. The waiting on staff were very friendly too.
Pool Area - Brilliant, it didnt matter what time of day you went to the pool you could always get a sunlounger and parasol. The activities such as aerobics looked great fun and many people joined in. The only downside was not being able to get a snack around the pool at lunch time. Drinks were available but €2 for a small diet coke was a little on the expensive side....not to mention the jug of Sangria at €16!!!
Cleaning of Rooms - 2 days out of 7 our room was not cleaned. We did leave our room at approx 12.30 and the cleaner was on our corrider, she actually spotted us leaving but still didnt clean them.
Location - The hotel is in a great location for guests of all ages. Across the road you have various karaoke bars, brilliant if you fancy a jug of sangria before heading in to town. Everything else is within walking distance, Fanabe is approx 15mins whilst Veronicas/Starco area is 25mins....Starco's is the best area for the younger holidaymakers, make sure you head to Linekers and see my sister DJ Paula in action!!!
Siam Park - Only a 15minute (uphill) walk from the hotel. An amazing waterpark and worth the €28 entry fee. Ensure you arrive early though as the park closes at 6pm.
Overall we had a brilliant holiday at the Iberostar, the only thing what spoilt it was a pair of leggins were taken from my room...the coat hanger they were hung on was found behind the blankets on the top shelf in the wardrobe :0( I did leave my contact details for the Manager but never heard anything back. I would stay here again though as this is one of the better properties I've stayed in!

2  Thank marleyMarley
Reviewed 24 September 2009

After reading all the reviews on this hotel we thought we would give it a try. However, I have to say this is the worst four star hotel i have ever stayed in! The rooms were out of date and quite dirty. The beds were dreadful they were really hard and had a plastic sheet on the bottom which rattled everytime you moved. When you opened the drawers to access your clothes you could not shut them again. The rest of the hotel was ok and the reception staff were really nice.

We were half board and i have to say the food was dreadful! We never once had even a warm meal let alone a hot one! I must admit we gave up and ate out most days. The location was ok with easy access to Las Americas and the port (The port is a much nicer place than las americas).

The pool area was ok with easy access to a range of sunbeds. Also i have to say the sunbeds were really comfortable which is a bonus. We had booked this hotel as my partner wanted to use the gym, however he did not rate the gym at all so dont let this be a reason to book this hotel.

My advice is do not book this hotel as there are far better hotels in the area. If you do book the hotel definately do not stay half board or all inclusive it really isnt worth it and there is lovely restaurants with great food near by.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2009

we stayed from 1st september for 2 weeks and we were looked after from the second we arrived to the second we left, our room on floor 3 was well kept and very clean, every day we came back it had been tidied just like my mam had been in ( she's very fussy lol) the staff around the pool were very entertaining without being in your face, even the lad who took our cases up to our room made us feel very welcome, the meals were great, the bar staff treat us like old friends. our daughter who is 12 had a great time in the pool, we found time to use the tennis court and the gym, the only problem was ...we had to go home !

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank cherry_pout
Reviewed 2 September 2009

Excellent hotel from the friendly welcome to leaving.The staff were helpful and cheery and all queries dealt with quickly .The hotel is kept really clean and tidy and it shows you are in a 4 star hotel.
The restaurant serves up a good variety of food to cover all tastes .The only fault i could find was as there were a mixture of half board/full board and all inclusive guests drinks with the evening meals were pricey although you do expect to pay more in an hotel.We have found more and more that drinks with the eveving meals are free in a lot of hotels.
The rooms are of good size and the maid service is excellent also having air/conditioning was a real bonus as the heat at night was uncomfortable.
The pool facilities were good and we never had any problem getting loungers.

The hotel is in a quieter position between playa de americas and costa adaje so noise was never a problem.
A word of warning if you are out during the day ,if someone approaches you with monopoly cards avoid like the plague.They say that it is nothing to do with timeshare which is true but they still want an hour to 90 minutes to see what a company called
CONNECTIONS 6 can offer you.The answer is MONEY FROM YOU (APPROX £3950)

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank trucker06
Reviewed 1 September 2009

Stayed at the bouganville playa from 16th aug until 30th aug 09. Had the most amazing time. I was the one who was " on my own with four children." lol. All the staff were very friendly, rooms were ok, food was fantastic, never eaten so much in my life. We were on the 9th floor and the views were amazing. The pool was big and the beach is just a few minutes walk away. The hotel has a great gym too. The animation team were the best. I loved grease, mamma mia etc and all the professional shows too.They were all great. Mario was so funny, my kids loved him. Patrizio was great, very funny and very good looking, haha. He called me supermommy every time he saw me. lindsay and the blonde girl {forgot her name] worked very hard too. We loved the aqua gym they did every day and they were great with the kids at the mini disco each night. My kids loved it and cried when it was time to go home. Also very friendly waiter called bernardo, he was very helpful and a top waiter. Went to siam park, was great fun. My eldest son went on the tower of power dropslide. Great fun. Cant wait to return to this hotel next year. Will be booking it very soon and hope the same staff will be there next year. Cant remember all their names though!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family