Gran Tacande Wellness & Relax Costa Adeje
US$200
US$190
US$186
  • Beachfront
GF Gran Costa Adeje(Costa Adeje)
US$185
US$173
US$617
2,411 results
All reviewsdream hotelsenior suitedream granpool areasalt watersea viewbreakfast and dinnershopping centrehalf boardconstruction workstar hotelupgraded to a suitelovely hotelplaza del duqueplenty of sunbedscaviarpool staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Stayed in early February for 10 days and was fortunate to be upgraded to Senior Suite which was excellent. Our first time at this hotel, and the experience exceeded our expectations. Staff are especially welcoming, friendly and efficient in the restaurant where we only had breakfast. The pool area was well maintained, and the service of complementary fresh fruit of papaya, pineapple and melon brought to your sunbed was most welcome. Pool bar staff were similarly friendly and efficient, as were the staff who issued towels, especially Stefano who is Italian.

There are 2 pools, one heated and salt-water which I prefer. The other too cold for me in February, but braver souls didn't seem to mind.

Quality and variety of food at breakfast was superb, and the live violinist playing most mornings was a real treat. Most mornings, the restaurant manager would make a point of talking to us to check all was well which was a nice touch, even when busy, along with all the staff who were all keen to make sure we had everythng we needed. Hotel facilities are good including the spa which I visited twice during my stay.

Would definitely return, a great hotel in a good loaction near the El Duque beach area. The nearby restaurant Portofino is owned by the hotel and serves excellent Italian food. Other nearby restaurants which I would recommend include Coeur de Filet and Cordon Rojo both consistently very good.

Room Tip: Pool or sea view higher rooms are quietest. Side rooms overlook the gardens and Spa Centre of the Grand Bahia Del Duque Hotel, which has a noisy generator close by which can spoil an otherwise quiet spot with fans turning on and off throughout the night.
3  Thank Roger0102
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Our second stay at the Gran Tacande. First time was in February last year. The hotel fully deserves its 5 star rating. This year we had a room and balcony with a sea view which was well worth the extra money.
We only had bed and breakfast so can't comment on the meals other than breakfast. Which was excellent with a huge choice. We both really enjoyed the violinist who plays for the breakfast audience.
It is only a few minutes walk to the path that runs along the sea beaches. Weather was warm,19-22 C. We will be back next winter.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a sea view.
2  Thank AlexWembley
Reviewed 15 February 2012

First week in Feb. 20cdegrees each day plus 6 hours sun, more than enough sunbeds, pool too cool to bathe in. Best breakfast buffet bar none. Had dinner on one night in Hotel which was very pleasant eat out all other nights. Saff all very helpful. If I wanted another week in the sun in Feb and could not afford the Caribean then I would say this was a very close second.

2  Thank julian_adams
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Having written a very positive review of this hotel after my first visit back in 2008, I expected I wouldn’t need to write another. However, this time, I had mixed feelings about this establishment:

1. The sunsets are still breathtaking and a sea view room is still worth paying up for.
2. The food at the buffet breakfast (and dinner) still leaves an almost guilty feeling of abundance.
3. A positive change has definitely occurred to the reception – most staff are now multilingual and are very helpful (Severina was a star). They do try to give you a ‘good deal’ or at least make you feel like you’ve got one (like a discounted upgrade).

However, a few things left bleak spots on my holiday experience that I believe prospective guests should be aware of:
1. Stay away from rooms facing Plaza del Duque in the Sansofe building (esp. on lower floors) as these rooms seem to be located just above the garbage collectors’ or food supply entrance. That is, unless you feel like experiencing the other side of the civilization at about 4 am as garbage cans (or food boxes?) rattle downstairs .
2. Having booked half-board on the basis that I wanted to be as safe on the food side as possible, I came down with poisoning / infection / virus (the local doctor never worked out) for nearly a week, with horrible fever on the first two days (v. unusual for me). The hotel was quick to dismiss this as a ‘virus’ but accepted that some other guests got it, too. This may or may not be the fault of the hotel, but what was striking was that they did not ever have a thermometer as part of their first aid package and suggested that my elderly mother go buy one at a pharmacy! I personally find it extremely discomforting that a five-star establishment in a first world country would not have something as basic as a thermometer (makes you want to guess what else they were lacking behind the glam exterior??)
3. Free wi-fi is available at the reception but not in the rooms (I hoped they’d be able to make this improvement from 2008). There might be a technical quirk that prevents them from installing it in the rooms – but why was I then able to see the networks of the nearby hotels?
4. Massive electricity problems in the room (half of the lamps were not working) that no one seemed to notice until I made a point to the receptionist. Doors would stick and won’t open (not v. fun trying to get to the loo at night!) and, again, housekeeping made no notice until I complained.
On balance, although this was not the worst (or best) holiday experience, I can unfortunately no longer recommend this hotel – their front office is excellent but the back office delivery definitely laisse à désirer.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms facing Plaza del Duque in the Sansofe building (esp. on lower floors)
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
17  Thank Tessa_TA
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I've stayed in several hotels in the Costa Adeje area and the Tacande is one of the best and certainly beats the nearby Sheraton.

Rooms are spacious and as described on the hotel website.

The layout of the pool area avoids the row upon row of sun loungers and therefor gives the impression that the hotel is much smaller than it actually is.

Staff, polite and respectful, many (not all) in the restaurant are more used to speaking German as opposed to English but everyone can get by and everyone is keen to please.

There is the overall impression of a well run establishment at the Tacande and this is confirmed by the many guests who were on return visits.

The best compliment I would give is that I also would return to this hotel.

3  Thank RM2303