I chose this hotel from the reviews on Trip Advisor (and having been to Costa Adeje before knew the area). I booked via low cost holidays as the price for flight and half board was so good. I expected to be in the worst room in the hotel as it was so good value so emailed the hotel before going to ask for a few specifics with the room (quiet, nice views, late afternoon sun on balcony). They emailed back and said they would do their best.
On arrival reception was very efficient and helpful, could not have asked for more. The room was just what we had asked for - and really spacious. The bathroom was fabulous - we needent have taken ANY basic toiletries as they were all supplied and topped up as necessary - very nice.
Walk in power shower was great.
The food was good and the outside terrace for dining was a lovely atmosphere. The musician at breadfast and dinner was a nice touch. The chef cooked fresh food was always excellent.
We had taken our laptop and no problem with wifi in the room (which made up for lack of any decent English channels). Not a big issue as we would not have been watching much TV anyway.
The location of the hotel is excellent, just about the best in Costa Adeje I would say. On the prom and lovely shops and resturants on the doorstep.
We had a hire car and the parking in the hotel car park was free and valet parking really efficient.
A few slight negatives (but not enough to worry about)........
- Entertainment on the whole from what we saw in passing was pretty unappealing. We have seen it all before.
- We did always find a sun bed but if it was after lunch they were a bit scarce. People did tend to reserve them. BIG plus was that the umbrellas had a waiter call bell on them and you had your drinks delivered to your sunbed!
In summary - great hotel, excellent staff (every one of them), excellent location and we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located in the exclusive Costa Adeje area, beside Playa del Duque, in a glorious setting overlooking the sea with a beautiful view of southern Tenerife and the Island of La Gomera. This magnificent Canary mansion offers a peaceful and intimate atmosphere, splendid gardens and swimming pools for relaxation and enjoyment - the perfect spot for an unforgettable break. The construction is divided in four colonial style blocks: Sansofe, San Sebastian, Malpais and Casa Fuerte. Gran Tacande · Wellness & Relax not only offers magnificent seaviews from its rooms and suites, but also top Canary, national and international cuisine in its exquisite and pleasantly discrete restaurants. Take in the relaxing atmosphere of the “Vitanova Spa” thalassotherapy centre, where you can benefit from the thermal waters and special treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Onthebeach, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Odigeo, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Tacande Wellness & Relax Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Hotel Costa Adeje
- Dream Resort Costa Adeje
- Gran Tacande Tenerife
- Gran Tacande Wellness & Relax Costa Adeje Tenerife