Gran Tacande Wellness & Relax Costa Adeje
Melia.com
Iberostar Anthelia(Costa Adeje)
US$263
US$613
GF Gran Costa Adeje(Costa Adeje)
US$186
US$169
  • Breakfast included
GF Fanabe(Costa Adeje)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$563
HotelsClick
  • Beachfront
2,411 results
All reviewsdream hotelsenior suitedream granpool areasalt watersea viewbreakfast and dinnershopping centrehalf boardconstruction workstar hotelupgraded to a suitelovely hotelplaza del duqueplenty of sunbedscaviarpool staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2008

My husband and I have just returned from a wonderful week at the Hotel Gran Tacande.
We didn't really know what to expect with the previous reviews but I have to say - what are you all complaining about.
From check in to departure the staff, the food, our room, the pool and the location could not be faulted.
Staff - friendly, polite and willing to help at all times
Food - fantastic selection for breakfast and dinner and omlettes, steaks and fish cooked to order.
Room - beautiful pool and sea view. Cleaned every day including fresh towels. Around 6pm maid arrives to turn down your bed and leave chocolates on your pillow
Pool area - clean and plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas, you also get a complimentary towel
Location - the stunning beach of El Duque is just 2mins (really) walk and although within the quieter area of Costa Adeje a short 10 min stroll along the coast you will find plenty of lively entertainment bars.
All in all 10 out of 10 - if you get the chance to stay here DO IT

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mousey214
Reviewed 29 May 2008

I was getting a little bit worried about booking this holiday because of all the reviews I had read but it couldnt have been better.

I booked a standard room last year then read the reviews of all the building work etc and started panicking, I pre warned the other half that the view from the balcony might be a bit rubbish but as we have a small child we decided we probably wouldnt even use the balcony so didnt worry. we arrived to champagne at reception, the porter took our things and wouldnt let us carry a thing, We had room 334 it was fab and had its own litte terrace/ enclosed balcony so we were able to let the litte one out and it was like she was playing in our own back garden as it had walls all around it and we were not overlooked and had no building work going on it was completely private. The room was spotless and spacious.

We opted for half board and were not disappointed the staff were fantastic there were managers around at all times overseeing things and if things werent 5* they went mad . Eveything you wanted was available from champagne, smoothies, juice and water to tea and coffee. Food was just as plentiful. Full english, waffles, pancakes, ham, cheese, cavier, you name it they had it.

The service was good, staff polite, food plentiful and edible.

We had no need to reserve a sunbed as there were only about 25 or so people actually on holiday and the rest of the hotel was booked out for a business conference so we had the whole hotel to ourselves which was soooooo relaxing, some might say boring but if you want to go away to relax it is great!

Overall great we got back on tuesday and i was on the net next day trying to book for next year.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank healyNuneaton
Reviewed 12 May 2008

My partner and I have just returned from a nightmare week at the 'Dreamplace' Gran Tacande .

We paid a lot of money for what we thought was going to be a week of luxury!!!!

I have never felt the need to write a review of a hotel before but I have to warn anyone who is thinking about going to the so called 'Dreamplace' Gran Tacande after our experience there.

On arrival we had to change rooms twice. First of all we were given a small dark room overlooking a building site on the first floor. Then we were given a room no better and this room had no privacy on the balcony.

So we decided to pay and upgrade to a seaview room. Room still poor but we did get a beautiful view and private balcony.
Finally satisfied with our room we didn't unpack but left our suitcases and bags in our room to go to a supermarket across the road from the hotel to buy a sandwich and bottles of water. We were gone no longer than 1 hr 15 mins. On our return we lay down and had a nap after having travelled through the night we were shattered.

When I awoke I decided to unpack etc. When I went to sort out my travel bag I discovered my wallet was missing. I know for sure it was there when we left to go to the supermarket. I had over 500 euros in cash stolen.

I ran barefoot down to reception to explain and spoke to the manager the next afternoon

Nothing was done and we were told we may have left our door open. (which we did not)

That was my holiday ruined but it only got worse.

1. The sheets were changed only once in a week
2. The buffet breakfast is disgusting, cold and watch out for mould on tomatoes etc
3. The pool is dirty
4. Noisy rooms as walls are paper thin
5. Maids never knocked before entering room
6. On one occasion a person entered our room using a key card who was not a maid. I was sitting reading a book on the balcony and thought it was my partner. When I heard the door open and called out to him the door slammed shut. I ran to see who it was and the woman just said sorry wrong room.
7. Found magazines and trash under my mattress
8. Wallpaper coming off the wall in our room

I could go on and on but I just want to forget we ever went this hotel.

Tenerife is a beautiful, clean place and the weather was terrific. Unfortunately we will probably not return to the island as we had such a bad experience.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
7  Thank UkJaneUk
Reviewed 11 April 2008

We have just got back from a week at the Grand Tacande which I booked after reading all the reviews an this site. We knew what to expect but feared the worst when we were given room 105 despite asking for a sea view when we booked. Just a I feared it overlooked the building works so straight back to reception to change it. We were told the hotel was full but they would try to find another room the next morning but a sea view was an extra 45 euros a night. We had an early night but were woken up by the tv blaring in the next room at 23:30 hrs, you could hear everything. In the morning at 07:40 we were woken up by a pile driver or some such machine on the site causing a horrendous noise so we got up and went to breakfast. Our mood brightened as the food was fantastic and well presented with everything you could possibly want. Back to reception they were really helpful and we finally moved into a different room about lunchtime. The room was on the 4th floor, not exectly a sea view, but it was quiet and no extra charge. This was a standard room but it was large, tastefully decorated and furnished with a really nice marble bathroom. I was surprised at the lack of an information pack in the room however and we were only given a photo copied sheet when we booked in. We were only B&B so expored the area for restaurants and bars etc and found there were really only a few in a short walking distance which were also horrendously expensive. We ate in the Mirador a couple of times which is really nice. There is a shopping centre just outside the rear of the hotel which apart from the Spar supermarket is a waste of space. Opposite the front of the hotel is the Plaza a circular ultra modern shopping center full of really expensive designer shops and a couple of bars and restaurants. The pool area of the hotel is really nice with a reasonable snack bar for lunches. We found all of the staff helpful and polite though they could have done with a couple of more staff considering the hotel was full.
I would agree with other reviews that the hotel lacks atmosphere though, with large empty areas of tables and chairs that were never used. Even with the entertainment in the evening the bar area was half empty and not really lively! The other restaurant in the hotel the Bocoy was not open in the evenings which I thought was strange. The room service was ok and the maids turned the beds down every night and left chocolates on the pillow which was a nice touch but thjis should be expected in a 5 star hotel. To sum up we enjoyed our stay but I think this hotel and the whole area is mainly geared for rich Germans and Russians and we in fact hardly heard any English spoken. I also do not think the hotel is particularly children friendly as there is no kiddies club or games room and apart from a small pool there is nothing for them to do. I would probably not go back in a hurry as there are plenty of other places to visit and with the poor exchange rate for the euro I would think all inclusive destinations further afield offer better value. Not really the DREAM holiday!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HolidayStaines
Reviewed 31 March 2008

I booked the gran tacande on line direct with the hotels web site because I wanted a week of luxury in the sun with my partner and our 9 year old daughter. having seen generally good reviews of this hotel on tripadvisor I booked a senior suite on a half board basis. The senior suite is described as the ultimate in luxury for the discerning traveller on their website.
We arrived at the hotel to find an average hotel entrance with a large lobby but dimly lit and rather dreary atmosphere. A porter brought our bags to our suite and on entering I knew immediately that this was in no way a real 5 star suite. There was nothing luxurious about it from the dull cheap furniture to the tacky jet bath tub.There was only one tv in the living area with a bed sofa to sit on and the entire room was lit by a dim ceiling light fixture. The bed room had no tv, a bed as hard and nasty as a cheap argos matress with not an ounce ofluxury anywhere. No welcome drinks/wine etc one might expect having paid almost double the standard room rate for this suite.I knew about the lack of tea coffee facilities already which on seeing the room now comes as no surprise.
The view from the senior suite was the side of another building and the balcony was split into two by a division between the bed room and living room. I requested a better room but none was available, sea view room at a suplement would be available in few days time I was informed. I asked to see a standard sea view room one of which was available and was shown to a much nicer but still short of 5 star room. I was told I could stay in that room but would still be charged the senior suite price for the first night as it had already been charged to my card at the time of booking!!. I decided to stay put as it was obvious I wasnt going to get any reduction to moving to a standard room and went to the buffet dinner. The main restaurant is huge, lit with uniform dull lighting and full of overflowing cheap nasty school quality food,in fact I remember my school dinners as being better!(almost).The food is nowhere near 5 star even for a buffet ..chickory coffee finished me off.The fellow guests appeared to consist of some happy people whom i assume won their trip in a competition or paid 100 quid for a week all inclusive via an agent or are devoid of any expectations and some elderly couples on the classic reduced rate extended winter deals. All in all fantastic 3 star hotel with a wide and extensive all you can stuff in your gob buffet,.On a positive note they did my bill up quickly the next day and called me a taxi for our trip to a real 5 star hotel the sheraton la caleta which luckily had a free room available.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family