“Location & Value”
Review of HOVIMA Panorama

HOVIMA Panorama
Ranked #28 of 61 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Just returned from a very nice 6 night stay at Hovima Panorama. We were in a studio (no. 130) with pool and partial sea view, which got the sun on the balcony from early afternoon until sunset. Ideal. There was also a retractable canopy on the balcony, so you could sit in the shade if you preferred. No air con in the apartment, but a ceiling fan and electric fan were provided - and the ceiling fan alone did the job at this time of year.

The studio itself had all the basic essentials and was clean and comfortable. Twin beds, sofa / sofa bed, TV with some UK channels (BBC1, BBC2, ITV, BBC3, BBC4, Channels 4 & 5 plus another couple). Bathroom was a little cramped, but functional and towel changes as required. Small kitchen area again with all the essentials, but we ate out so didn't really use anything other than the fridge. We had breakfast included and this was perfectly adequate with a range of cereals, breads, cooked meats, cheeses, fruit, plus cooked sausages, bacon, eggs etc.

Location is perfect. It's in a quiet street, just back from the sea front path which will take you into the centre of Las Americas in one direction, Costa Adeje in the other and both within about 10 minutes. There's a choice of restaurants, bars and shops all the way into both resorts. Couldn't be better!

Given the price, location and standard of accommodation, I'd happily return to Hovima Panorama in the future.

6  Thank TheTraveller1964
HovimaHotels, Manager at HOVIMA Panorama, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guests,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your stay with us at Panorama Hotel. I was glad to read that overall you enjoyed your stay, the location and that you found most of the service you received to your expectations.
We all look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Another lovely holiday spent at the Panorama. This little aparthotel is exceptionally well managed by Mari Luz, Antonio and their happy team. Every member of staff is so welcoming and friendly. The structure of the hotel is very versatile because, although you can book B & B or half board, each apartment has it’s own kitchen with fridge, hot plates, toaster, kettle etc, which gives you the option to eat in. The Mercadona supermarket is just at the top of the road with a beautiful fish counter and deli. We have always booked half board and don’t feel the need to eat out, as we are perfectly happy with the breakfast and evening meals. However, we do buy wine, ham, cheese, pate etc at the supermarket and manage to drag ourselves away from the pool to enjoy our lunch on the balcony.

Whilst walking around the area there are ‘Miller Travel’ brochures left on walls. It is well worth picking one up. On this recent visit to Tenerife we went on the Mercedes Forest tour, which cost just 15 euro each. You don’t need to pre-book, you just turn up at the nearest pick-up point and pay on the day. We were taken to the north of the island on a comfortable, air-conditioned coach where we listened to a ‘product info show’, which is a presentation about therapeutic bedding. This lasted about 1hr 15mins and was quite entertaining. Absolutely no hard sell, at the end of the presentation you are invited to inspect the products and then approach the representatives if interested. During this presentation you are served coffee, tea and wine. After the presentation you join your respective coach for whichever tour you have selected. We were astonished at the quality of the experience. We had a brilliant tour guide who spoke excellent English and spent the whole journey giving us interesting information about the region. We went up into the mountain and stopped for photo opportunities en-route. We then went to a little fishing village where we had lunch with wine, followed by a visit to Santa Cruz for a short stop and then back to our pick up point. We set off at 8.30am and were dropped off at 6.30pm – all for 15 euro each !!

Back to the Panorama – we will certainly return. We meet so many lovely people there, most of them also returning guests, which speaks volumes!

Room Tip: Request a seaward facing room to get a sunny balcony in the afternoon.
4  Thank suered22

Dear Guests,
I was delighted to read your comments following your stay at Hovima Panorama Hotel. I was really pleased that we met your expectations with all aspects of your stay including the great service our Maître Antonio and his team provide. I have passed on your kind words to all the team here and I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have just returned after spending a week in this hotel, 6th to the 13th May, on a half board plus basis. Arriving in reception I was quickly checked in by Tanya and given a very warm welcome. She directed me to my studio apartment beside the pool area number 17. It was a very pleasant room with two single beds an L shaped sofa, kitchen and bathroom. Breakfast and dinner were superb and much better than I have had in 4* hotels. The bar area round the pool was always immaculately clean and the service excellent. The bar closed at 11pm therefore anyone wanting early nights were not disturbed. The hotel was close to many restaurants if you prefer to go bed and breakfast or self catering. For those not wanting to use the pool area a 5 minute walk takes you to golden sandy beaches. Will I stay here again YES I loved the area and the hotel and will certainly be back again next year.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank bob g

Dear Guests,
I'm so happy to read your comments following your recent stay at Hovima Panorama!. It's our great pleasure that we met your expectations and I have passed on your kind words to the team. We all look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have just returned from an eight night stay on a half board basis. As we were returning to an area that we had visited previously we were a bit concerned it would be a let down...there was no need. We were allocated a lovely studio apartment which had a sea and pool view (room 128). The apartment considered of a large bed room, bathroom and open plan kitchen and lounge. There was also a balcony with table and chairs. The breakfast was good,all the usual choices. The evening meal was ok although a little disappointing so we did choose to eat out on a couple of occasions. If you are a fussy eater I would recommend to stay on a b&b basis as there are plenty of bars and restaurants serving good food at a reasonable price. We would definitely recommend this hotel. We would not hesitate to return on a b&b basis. Excellent location for beaches, bars and restaurants.

3  Thank dcgirl73

Dear Guests,
Thank you kindly for the review posted on your recent stay with us at Hovima Panorama. I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us, and that you found the hotel conveniently located.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2014

My sister had stayed here last June and was overwhelming with her praise, so I decided to join her on her latest break. Everything she told me was true and hadn't changed. On arrival at 11pm we were greeted warmly and checked in efficiently. We were delighted to be allocated a studio by the pool, which was especially good for us as we both have slight mobility difficulties. The room was fairly small but perfectly adequate for us. It was brightly decorated and contained two single beds and a large l-shaped sofa/third bed. I actually slept on the sofa for a couple of nights as I found it to be slightly more comfortable than the beds, it's just my preference. The wardrobe was a little small for two ladies, but there was drawer space in a separate unit and we managed fine. The living area also contained a flat-screen TV with BBC reception, a couple of other English channels and some Spanish channels. The studio had a full-length mirror, always popular with ladies! The kitchen area contained a sink, fridge, kettle, toaster and stove top with two electric rings. There were plenty of utensils etc if you fancied cooking - we didn't! They even provided washing-up liquid! The bathroom included a hand basin, wc, bidet and bath with shower attachment. There was always plenty of hot water and the water pressure was good. Liquid soap was provided by the hand basin and the bath - a nice touch. There was also a hairdryer provided in the bathroom. There were plenty of towels and the bed linen was changed once even though we were only staying five nights. Blankets were also provided, which we definitely didn't need! The room was very warm all the time and we had the ceiling fan and floor-standing fan on most of the time. Our apartment, being on pool level, had a small terrace which contained a table, two chairs and a wall-mounted clothes airer. The pool and surrounding area was very clean and there was even a life guard. We never had a problem getting a sun bed. The poolside bar serves lovely food and drinks which are very reasonably priced. There is entertainment in the evenings. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis, as we like to get out and about at night. Breakfast was excellent, a vast choice of just about everything you could think of! We did speak to other holidaymakers at the hotel, who told us that dinner was equally as good. All the staff we encountered, without exception, were very pleasant and efficient. The complex has a small launderette with washing machines and a tumble dryer and there are also a couple of shower rooms, one for males and one for females, very handy for freshening up if you have a late flight. Check out is at 12 noon, which is much better than 10am at some hotels I've stayed at. There's a large secure luggage room which we took advantage of on our last day. The hotel itself is midway down a slight hill. At the top of the hill there is the San Eugenio shopping complex. At the bottom of the hill if you turn left and walk along for a few minutes you will come to shops, restaurants and bars. We especially liked 'Deborath' for our evening meal. It's a friendly restaurant with good food and entertainment. If you turn to the right at the bottom of the bank, you will come to the harbour where you can book boat trips, water sports etc. Next to the harbour is a white sand man-made beach and more shops, restaurants and bars. I loved everything about our stay, the hotel, the location and the weather!

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, contact the hotel to make them aware, as I did notice that some rooms o...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Catherine D
HovimaHotels, Manager at HOVIMA Panorama, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay with us at Hovima Panorama Hotel. I was so happy to read that we met your expectations in all areas and I do hope that we get the chance to do that once again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have stayed here 5 times now and still find it very good value and very clean.
The pool are and pool itself is the cleanest for miles and the rooms are good.
The rooms are basic but clean although can be a little warm at times but there is fans to help.
We spent a week here again and definately will be going again.

Room Tip: pay the little extra than the promo rooms or you will face a big wall. All other rooms are good with...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank puzzymunkle
HovimaHotels, Manager at HOVIMA Panorama, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for the review posted on our Hovima Panorama. As a regular guest, I am very pleased to read you found the hotel and services consistent, and the overall experience enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

my husband & myself & our 10 year old son have just come back 26/4/2014 from this lovely hotel and can honestly say it was fab can not find any faults .The restaurant staff ,the maids,the food,the room absolutely everything.!!!
On reception was ms Hoos who is a treasure and can converse with anyone it seems in their own language .What a girl !! and so helpful .
Can't wait to go back .

Room Tip: ask for a pool view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank joanne s

Dear Guests,
I was delighted to read your comments following your stay at Panorama Hotel. I was really pleased that we met your expectations with all aspects of your stay including the great service our team provides. I have passed on your kind words to all the team here and I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Costa Adeje
1 mi away
GF Isabel
GF Isabel
#17 of 61 in Costa Adeje

Been to HOVIMA Panorama? Share your experiences!