“Hard working staff”
Review of GF Fanabe

GF Fanabe
Ranked #25 of 59 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Our first all inclusive & excellent value for money. Being a vege I am always doubtful where ever I go, but found plenty of choice here. Very clean hotel, large areas, plenty of sun beds even in half term school holiday. Pool could of been warmer though it does say heated, none of our party went in apart from our toes ! Beautiful weather so plenty of time spent around the pool. Pool snack bar, large restaurant but does get very busy & of course you don't get the posher feel of a restaurant with waiter service. We did a rough calculation of what all our food & drinks would of cost us on our 8 day break for a couple & two teenage kids & it would of cost us a fortune, so with this in mind the next time we go (& we do plan to go back) we will treat ourselves & go out to a quiet restaurant a couple of times just to break the monotonous feel & rush of the all inclusive. Staff are so helpful & jovial, speak excellent English. They work so hard for hours on end & deserve a pat on the back for keeping this hotel up to scratch. Fantastic location turn left for gift shops on the beach front & loads of bars & restaurants & right for a romantic walk in a beautiful setting. This hotel is on a slope away from the road. Extremely busy market on a Thursday next door, free bus to SIam water park, but be warned do not get ripped off by paying 36 euros for a 10minuet ride on the little white train which pulls up right in front of the hotel ! Ps shame there was a lack of indoor spa pool for warmth, there is a spa but at a extra cost of 6 euros each per day !

Room Tip: We had rooms 4 & 9 they looked onto the pool & had sun most of the day. The rooms opposite u...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for GF Fanabe

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I choose this Hotel because of the good reviews i read, Well what a shock i got when we arrived there, I just CAN NOT see what's good about it? It's rundown and drab to say the least, our room was sad and depressing the sofa was grubby the bedding worn, but to be fair as clean as it could be, except the pillow! cracked floor tiles, A tv that was out the ark,The pool area is very tired and the sunbeds need a clean,You Can't eat or drink round the pool neither, The food at the pool bar was dreadful the toilet at the pool had no hand-wash, In Fact we found it all so uninviting we only used the area once, Then there's the roof sunbathing area, Although we did go up there twice it was as depressing as the pool! The Sunbeds need replacing and there's a big concrete block that separates the 2 area's up there and part of it is coming away so ugly,
Thank goodness we only stayed bed and breakfast, Yes there was plenty of food but it wasn't good quality food, What Hotel has no laundry service and offers an "Ironing board" that's 18 inches long on 4 inch legs with NO padding it's just a wire mesh with a piece of cotton on it, Odd! Not sure what we were meant to do with it!!!!
I will say that almost all the Staff were absolutely lovely and I'm sure do the best they can with what they have to work with, And it's in a good area 5 mins from the beach, My Main complaint about this Hotel is that it isn't in ANYWAY a 4 star hotel 2 maybe at a push, It's a very old tired worn Hotel, We WON'T be going back!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Iris O
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My wife & I have just returned from a weeks holiday in this hotel & we were that impressed we are going back in September & that is unusual for us as we like to try new places.The room was by far the most spacious we have ever stayed in serviced every day including clean towels the room was spotless. If you like sunbathing in peace then the roof top terrace is brilliant plenty of quality sun beds & a well stocked bar. The food was very good plenty of choice every day something for everyone. If you like the sun on your balcony I would recommend a room overlooking the pool,as for the pool there are again lots of sun beds but the design of the hotel means that they can be in the shade as the sun moves over. The staff were very pleasant & friendly,the only small bad point was the entertainment as it wasn't the best & the lay out of the hall isn't great. The hotel is in a very nice area & if you like Chinese food then you must give the slow boat a try & it's only a 5 min walk from hotel. I will sign off by saying I couldn't really find fault with this hotel but I'm sure some will as they would moan if they stayed in Buckingham palace.

Room Tip: Sunny rooms overlook the pool
4  Thank Vince S
Reviewed 13 March 2014

6 of us have just come back from a fun week in Tenerife,after staying at the Fanabe Costa Sur. The only negative thing I have to say about the hotel is that the pool area was depressing!!! Nothing wrong with the pool and you wouldn't have to fight for a sunbed because there were plenty - all in the shade of the hotel!!! However that aside you cannot fault the rest of the hotel and with us all being adults we spent our time up in the sun on the roof of the hotel drinking beer from the bar up there.
The staff were friendly and helpful, the hotel was clean and the rooms couldn't be faulted unless you being being really picky!!! The food was much the same as all the other hotels I have stayed in and you could always find something to eat.
Would I go back - probably not because I am not a big fan of the Costa Adeje, but for the price paid Fanabe could not be faulted
Costa Adeje is much quieter then its neighbor down the road Playa de las Americas, but if you get past the grubbier bit of Americas, its very nice and vibrant and a preferred choice for me

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor in a sunny location
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank maz172
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Just returned from our 3rd holiday at this brilliant hotel. The staff are happy and friendly, the whole place is spotless, the food is good with lots of choices, meat, salad, dessert. Pool area can be shady on one side but plenty of beds and a café serving snacks most of the day. We will be back.

4  Thank lyndy_11
Reviewed 12 March 2014

To begin, I should say that my wife and I both fell ill during the holiday so our views may be tainted!

Things began well with a nice friendly greeting at reception. Was told our room was not ready so was told to leave our luggage and go for lunch.

Room was a little worn, in need of some TLC but was comfortable and clean. TV was an old CRT set and didn't have the expected ITV and BBC1 channels, not usually an issue but as I spent most of the week in bed it would have been very welcome.

The pool area was clean and well looked after, plenty sunbeds all day (at least in early March), the rooftop area was full most days. (special thanks to the person who actually stole our parasoll whilst we were asleep actually underneath it!).

Food was the biggest letdown in this hotel, I am certainly not a fussy eater but most of what I tried was either cold and/or tasteless. It was quite repetitive too with most things cropping up every second day.

As it happened I fell ill on day 2, my wife soon afterwards and when we asked at reception for advice on gaining medical attention we were just told to go to hospital. No advice on where to go, where the nearest doctors was etc. In the end she had to go wondering around looking for a doctors surgery. The rest of the week was spent mostly in the room and going to the doctors for daily treatment, a pretty grim time all round.

I think even without being ill the poor quality of the food would have been enough to dissuade me from returning, the lack of help just made things worse. (I should add that Jet2 Holidays were equally hopeless with any assistance).

Room Tip: We were in 375, very quiet area facing the sea and sun most of the day.
2  Thank NGM1
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Just returned from a week at this Hotel. The Hotel is a credit to the staff who work and maintain it!
Everywhere is clean, tidy and well maintained.(although some areas could do with a lick of paint)
All staff friendly and helpful.
Food was ok,plenty of choice!
Beds lovely and comfortable.
Bar areas lovely and clean.
Entertainment excellent, really enjoyed the 3 Tenors and TopHat and heels!
Good location.

Room Tip: We had room 212, had the sun all afternoon and could see the sunset.
3  Thank rogeat50