“Great Holiday”
Review of GF Fanabe

GF Fanabe
Ranked #25 of 59 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband myself and my 15 year old son stayed hear in April 2014 for one week all inclusive we had a great holiday just a few negatives the room we was given was not big enough I asked if we could have a connecting room as my son is 6ft 4 in and a bit embarrassed to be sharing with mum and dad but this wasn't possible. In the morning Breakfast service was like a fight everything all over the place and not enough toasters and could do with a little more organisation. The rest of the service at meal times was fantastic the food was themed every night with some great dishes. The reception staff were very helpful also the waiting on and bar staff were fantastic. The rooms were cleaned everyday with towels changed everyday. I would go back. Thanks for a great holiday.

Room Tip: Men must ware long trousers for Dinner so don't forget to pack them also don't reserve sun b...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank glynis h
There are newer reviews for GF Fanabe

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Very clean hotel. Very polite housekeeping staff. In a good location for us and close to the beach. Food was ok, more choice if you like fish, meat options not always appealing to us. We stayed half board and therefore sometimes ate lunch in hotel and dinner out in restaurants on the seafront. Didn't see their entertainment so unable to comment on that. Overall we had lovely week.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Malcolm R
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Came here last May and everything was amazing... came again in december which was lovely but the food quality went downhill. Gave it another chance in march 2014 once again food terrible...Steak and lamb was thinner than bacon looked alot like dog food, portions very small, when i asked for more it was thrown on my plate along with a disgusted look from the cook, Food very repetative. When i asked for my pancake to be cooked a little longer as they looked well under cooked , i was told that its not possible by cook YAYA and another staff member DANIEL, i stood my ground and after 4 lots of pancake servings she gave in and made them for me whilst muttering under her breath no doubt calling me. Reported this lady YAYA to manager. Very very rude staff that made you feel like you was scrounging for more food when they should give you enough to begin with. The texture of the meat was similar to quorn with added geletine. NOT GO BACK unless change of kitchen staff. rest of holiday was brilliant luckily we only went half board so had most meals out.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Tammy C
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel as part of a package through Thomson. On arrival reception staff were friendly & welcoming. We went to our room, but we were disappointed to see that or room looked out onto the back of another hotel. So we asked reception if we could change, they only had 1 pool view room left which we upgraded to for about 50euros for the 7 nights. It was definitely worth the extra money to upgrade.
We stayed half board so we had breakfast and then you could choose if you wanted lunch or an evening meal. The food was good, and again I found the staff really efficient and helpful. The hotel is in a great location, walking distance to everything beach, shops. restaurants.
I was traveling as a single parent with my 2 daughters aged 9 & 11. So the twin room was great for us (although not many hangers).
You can use the hotel towels for using at the pool (deposit €10 per towel).
I would definitely go back to this hotel, but I think I would book direct with the hotel so I could specify my room choice in advance.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sunnydayz2012
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband and I with our daughter and her partner also our granddaughter went to the Fanaby for our Christmas holiday. We had a lovely time, the weather was really hot. The hotel was spotlessly clean, the staff were very nice and helpful. The food was very good with plenty of choice in all of the courses. The Christmas day food was wonderful, we did not think they could do any better but we were wrong as the New Years Eve dinner was spectacular, and the evening entertainment was brilliant, ending with a fireworks display. We will be going back again.

Room Tip: Try to have any upper floor room as some on the lower floor at the front of the hotel are overlooked...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank PATRICIA C
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed here for Christmas with my family and thought it was fantastic,very clean and tidy with very kind staff that are very friendly. This hotel is perfect for all ages and every type of person whether you like to swim and do aqua aerobics or just like to sunbathe on the roof it's the perfect hotel with lovely food and a few mins walk from shops with great entertainment.

Room Tip: Try not to have a room at the front of the hotel especially at street level.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Just back after 10 day stay at the Fanabe Hotel on a half-board basis. Excellent service and very friendly staff. We requested a change of room on arrival and were facilitated immediately.Attention to cleanliness is evident. You won't go hungry at the Fanabe, extensive food choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family