“No Complaints!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fanabe Costa Sur Hotel
Ranked #24 of 57 Hotels in Costa Adeje
“No Complaints!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Having read reviews on here prior to my stay I was quite apprehensive. However during my 7 night stay I found no complaints with the hotel or food. I stayed half board in a twin room overlooking the pool on the 3rd floor. I would recommend this. Breakfast consists of a vareity of choice along with evening meal. Different meats and fish every evening. Can not see why anyone would be put off with the choices available. I found the entertainment at the hotel was not my cup of tea but I am slightly younger than the other guests. Roof top pool was very cold but plenty of sun beds available. Shops across the road but nearest restaurants a 5 minute walk away. Up market shopping centre round the corner. Would recommend eating at the martini restaraunt where you can get sea views. Overall very good week in adeje!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MrDarrenA92 .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,201)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Fantastic hotel, great location and food excellent. All the staff are friendly and helpful. We went half board and there was so much to chose from in the restaurant. The hotel was extremely clean, towels changed every day and room cleaned daily. I will definitely go back, maybe next year. I would highly recommend this hotel, and cannot fault it al all.

Room Tip: We were in room 242 and it was overlooking the pool. Excellent
3 Thank Wizzthekid
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a week all inclusive from the 13th June to the 21st June, I can't understand how people complain about the staff we found them very helpful friendly and the service was excellent. The hotel was clean and well presented pool was lovely and the sun terrace was fab. We are returning visitors to tenerife and found this hotel the best we ever stayed in.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Peterboy69
Darvel, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

First off, let me start by commenting on the basics of the hotel. The rooms are clean, spacious and decorated nicely in a Spanish style. Our balcony had a "sea view", which was really just the apartments across the street with the tiniest sliver of sea in the distance, but it was still a nice place to sit at night having a couple of drinks to watch the sun go down.

However, this hotel's lovely interior is utterly ruined by the sheer insolence and downright rudeness of the staff, both at the reception and in the restaurant. The custom in the restaurant is to be taken to a seat by a waiter, which is fair enough but not when every waiter walks past you and takes every single family behind you, acting as if you are not there. When taking orders, the waiters looked like they would be rather be hanging from the roof. None of them ever smiled. When clearing the table, if you had not finished the food on your plate they would scowl and huff as they took it away. The only jovial waiter we ever had was on our last night, who perhaps too honestly admitted that some of the other staff write down more drinks orders than you ask for in order to make you pay them more! Shocking! At the reception, the staff there couldn't give a flying fish whether you need help or not: we were constantly ignored in favour of taking the people behind us in the queue's questions first. The whole situation with the staff made us feel terribly unwelcome and unappreciated as customers.

The maids and maintenance staff on the other hand, couldn't have been friendlier and pleasant: get these people on the front desk and throw the ignorant so-and-so's out in the dirt.

The buffet was alright, it all felt a bit try-hard fancy with the selection that was there. The "fresh fruit" part however, wasn't so fresh at all with rotting bananas and oranges clearly in view. Juice that was spilled on the floor on our first night was still there with a "slippery floor" cone at it on our last, right in the main area of the restaurant. The main problem was the terribly rude staff.

The pool is a lovely shape but the hotel really encourage tension between their guests by packing as many sunbeds around it as they can. There's little enough space to move, never mind relax. Although we rarely went to the pool, when we did, everyone had already chosen their beds and walking past them caused them to rear up like aggravated cats in case we decided we wanted their bed.

Now, we come to the worst point for me, The Wifi. Advertised as a "premium internet service", I couldn't even load a simple webpage all week. I could have gotten better connectivity in the Gobi desert than I got with this hotel's wifi. Note, all tech-kids and gadget hoarders, your devices are virtually unusable. Hilariously, I managed to get the neighbouring hotels wifi which was 750ft away with a better connection that I ever could with the Costa Sur's. Nightmare.

I never really go these kinds of "beach holidays", it's the same everywhere you go. Tenerife, Portugal, Gran Canaria, Spain. I only went as I wanted to spend some time with my family, but it's the same people you see who never want to experience anything different than a average buffet and some cringe-worthy campy entertainment. How people can visit the same hotel 5 times and visit the same place over and over is beyond me. I encourage all these people to visit somewhere with a bit more culture, a bit more outside the box and I can promise you, you will be greatly surprised.

If you want a hotel where you are looked at as if you have two heads, spoken to like you've committed genocide and neglected as a guest, go right ahead and book up the Costa Sur. I know I certainly won't be staying with them again. As clean as the hotel was, customer service is a deal breaker with me and I know this hotel certainly but a dampener on my whole holiday.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank 443gregh
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed here one week June 19th 2014. Fab holiday. Couldn't fault the hotel for anything. Spotless all round the hotel. Pool view room. Big comfy beds , air con, fridge, balcony,safe €35 for a week. €10 returnable. Food fabulous, we went half board, plenty of choice, show cooking,polite staff all round hotel. 5minutes walk to beach, up hill a bit on return back to hotel but no problem for us. Central for shops ,bars, restaurant ,etc. wifi available and good. Roof top terrace fab and quiet, artificial turf great,bar ,toilets, amazing views, 2 small pools up there too. Big pool lovely too lots of sun beds available, clean towels available every day for pool if you want. Definitely returning for next holiday. Hope this helps.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank 737meg1
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is was our first all inclusive holiday as a family of 3 and I was not disappointed.

We had a pool side room which was lovely. the pool area was large with lots of sun beds. What ever time of day we went to the pool we didn't ususally have a problem getting a sun bed. This is probably helped by the roof top area with lots of sun beds and 2 small pools. view from up there is fantastic.

the location of the hotel was grear, 10 minute walk to the beach and shops at the front whihc we walked down to most days.

If you are staying here with children I would highly recommend it. There was a kids club run twice a day for 2 hours. The entertainment staff who ran the club were absolutely fantastic and so hard working. They did a range of activities with my 4 year old boy including face painting, foam party and treasure hunt. There is also a small soft play area inside the hotel.

Food was also lovely and lots of choice.

The staff in the hotel from the reception staff,cleaners to the waiters and bar staff were brilliant. So friendly and nothing is too much trouble. I needed to hire a push chair for the week and reception rang a company who hired baby equipment - very helpful for anyone staying with young children and babies.

Overall a wonderful stay and would definitley come here again.

Room Tip: We had a pool side room. I wouldn't like a room overlooking the entertainment adn bar area at th...
10 Thank 18MJG
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel from 7-14 June 14 for the second time last time 3 years ago improvements have been made to the roof terrace which has been carpeted with fake turf replacing the old tiled floor the breakfast was good with freshly cooked eggs,omelettes,pancakes etc however even with all this variety it can be a bit tedious after a few days, the evening entertainment was the usual hotel style with an entertainments team organising games and using the guests to supply the entertainment unfortunately i want to be entertained and not be the entertainer hence the the reason we went out at night apart from one night when a soul singer called sam was on he had a good voice and got the guests up and dancing i cannot comment on the evening meal as we only b&b but it smelled good would recommend to this hotel anyone we also emailed prior to our visit asking for a room on the side of the hotel overlooking the pool with the sun on the balcony in the afternoon we were given room 416 which was perfect many thanks to the reservations department.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple