“lovely friendly hotel”
Review of GF Fanabe

GF Fanabe
Ranked #24 of 60 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Travelled full board with my husband and 4yr old daughter. Can not fault this hotel, my daughter was treated like princess from start to finish from the entertainment team to the restuarant staff. Food was good although if you have a fussy kid like myself they may struggle.. Half the pool is in the shade but sometimes a good thing if u have kids. Looking to book for next year.. feel free to ask questions if u need

Room Tip: Get a taxi transfer if possible, 1hr 30 on coach, 20min taxi ride
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Amanda B

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Firstly ignore the bad reviews,what on earth qualifies these people to post such negative comments,God only knows.
Are recent vacation at the Fanabe exceeded all are expectations.From the food,room service, bar service,room service what more could one want.We can not pick out one department for special mention they all were excecellent.As for outside activities we found local public transport very good both in cost and frequency,local bus station 3-4 minutes from Hotel,one may board a bus to any where on the island from here.If there is one special tip book for a junior suite ,this is the iceing on the cake.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank DAVE K
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have just had 1 of the best holidays ever in my 57 years ,,,,,this wa sthe 13th visit to TENERIFE but the others were with a holiday time share which went out of business during the recession of 2009/10...from the time we arrived along with my wife 10 days at FANABE COSTA SUR HOTEL were fauitless before our arrival we had an excellent flight & transfer through THOMAS COOK and then as soon as we arrived at reception it all began...as I have difficulty with breathing due to recent illness & I have to use a stick the reception staff arranged for someone to take both cases to our room ,which was on 1st floor right next to lift facing the main road,,,,,,the service from all areas was spot on cleaning ,restaurant ,waiters .bar staff was excellent...friendly staff and nothing was out of their way when asked......the market twice a week thurday & Saturday was only 100 yards from the hotel with bargains ,many that could be bartered for ...the steep slope to the main restaurants & beech was not really a big problem despite my walking issues .Restaurants ,shops etc across the road from the hotel were also very pleasant & cheap ,loads of world cup offers etc THANKS TO ALL FOR A GREAT /XCELLENT TIME will be returning again all being well next year maybe with other members of the family who have children as the KIDS were well looked after and the young & old were entertained well whether it be swimming pool acts ,flamingo dancers ,soul singers or bird show ,outside on the terrace

Room Tip: personally due to waliking issues I just asked for 1st floor which we got facing main road but...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank williams008
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Having read reviews on here prior to my stay I was quite apprehensive. However during my 7 night stay I found no complaints with the hotel or food. I stayed half board in a twin room overlooking the pool on the 3rd floor. I would recommend this. Breakfast consists of a vareity of choice along with evening meal. Different meats and fish every evening. Can not see why anyone would be put off with the choices available. I found the entertainment at the hotel was not my cup of tea but I am slightly younger than the other guests. Roof top pool was very cold but plenty of sun beds available. Shops across the road but nearest restaurants a 5 minute walk away. Up market shopping centre round the corner. Would recommend eating at the martini restaraunt where you can get sea views. Overall very good week in adeje!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MrDarrenA92 .
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Fantastic hotel, great location and food excellent. All the staff are friendly and helpful. We went half board and there was so much to chose from in the restaurant. The hotel was extremely clean, towels changed every day and room cleaned daily. I will definitely go back, maybe next year. I would highly recommend this hotel, and cannot fault it al all.

Room Tip: We were in room 242 and it was overlooking the pool. Excellent
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Wizzthekid
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a week all inclusive from the 13th June to the 21st June, I can't understand how people complain about the staff we found them very helpful friendly and the service was excellent. The hotel was clean and well presented pool was lovely and the sun terrace was fab. We are returning visitors to tenerife and found this hotel the best we ever stayed in.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Peterboy69
Reviewed 28 June 2014

First off, let me start by commenting on the basics of the hotel. The rooms are clean, spacious and decorated nicely in a Spanish style. Our balcony had a "sea view", which was really just the apartments across the street with the tiniest sliver of sea in the distance, but it was still a nice place to sit at night having a couple of drinks to watch the sun go down.

However, this hotel's lovely interior is utterly ruined by the sheer insolence and downright rudeness of the staff, both at the reception and in the restaurant. The custom in the restaurant is to be taken to a seat by a waiter, which is fair enough but not when every waiter walks past you and takes every single family behind you, acting as if you are not there. When taking orders, the waiters looked like they would be rather be hanging from the roof. None of them ever smiled. When clearing the table, if you had not finished the food on your plate they would scowl and huff as they took it away. The only jovial waiter we ever had was on our last night, who perhaps too honestly admitted that some of the other staff write down more drinks orders than you ask for in order to make you pay them more! Shocking! At the reception, the staff there couldn't give a flying fish whether you need help or not: we were constantly ignored in favour of taking the people behind us in the queue's questions first. The whole situation with the staff made us feel terribly unwelcome and unappreciated as customers.

The maids and maintenance staff on the other hand, couldn't have been friendlier and pleasant: get these people on the front desk and throw the ignorant so-and-so's out in the dirt.

The buffet was alright, it all felt a bit try-hard fancy with the selection that was there. The "fresh fruit" part however, wasn't so fresh at all with rotting bananas and oranges clearly in view. Juice that was spilled on the floor on our first night was still there with a "slippery floor" cone at it on our last, right in the main area of the restaurant. The main problem was the terribly rude staff.

The pool is a lovely shape but the hotel really encourage tension between their guests by packing as many sunbeds around it as they can. There's little enough space to move, never mind relax. Although we rarely went to the pool, when we did, everyone had already chosen their beds and walking past them caused them to rear up like aggravated cats in case we decided we wanted their bed.

Now, we come to the worst point for me, The Wifi. Advertised as a "premium internet service", I couldn't even load a simple webpage all week. I could have gotten better connectivity in the Gobi desert than I got with this hotel's wifi. Note, all tech-kids and gadget hoarders, your devices are virtually unusable. Hilariously, I managed to get the neighbouring hotels wifi which was 750ft away with a better connection that I ever could with the Costa Sur's. Nightmare.

I never really go these kinds of "beach holidays", it's the same everywhere you go. Tenerife, Portugal, Gran Canaria, Spain. I only went as I wanted to spend some time with my family, but it's the same people you see who never want to experience anything different than a average buffet and some cringe-worthy campy entertainment. How people can visit the same hotel 5 times and visit the same place over and over is beyond me. I encourage all these people to visit somewhere with a bit more culture, a bit more outside the box and I can promise you, you will be greatly surprised.

If you want a hotel where you are looked at as if you have two heads, spoken to like you've committed genocide and neglected as a guest, go right ahead and book up the Costa Sur. I know I certainly won't be staying with them again. As clean as the hotel was, customer service is a deal breaker with me and I know this hotel certainly but a dampener on my whole holiday.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family