My boyfriend and I have just returned from a great week at the Fanabe costa Sur. I was a bit unsure about what we would find at the hotel given that some of the previous reviews had not been favourable but we were pleasantly surprised.
We had a standard room, and it was a decent size. We had requested a quiet room, and generally it was. The only downside (if you can call it that) was that the bed only had 1 pillow each and no spare pillows in the room. We requested extra pillows, but the night porter (we arrived at 1am) initially refused to give us extra pillows, but eventually he agreed to get some from an empty room.
The balcony was a sun trap in the afternoon. The bathroom had 2 sinks a bath with a shower over it. The door didn't lock.
The towels were changed daily and we could not fault the maid service.
There were only 4 English TV channels BBC world news, CNN, Euro Sport and Sky news. While I don't go on holiday to watch TV, sometimes it is nice to be able to have a night in and watch TV.
The reception area was bright and clean. There is a bar area, with a good selection of drinks which are reasonably priced. There is an area at the front of the hotel which has tables and chairs for sitting outside.
The hotel has a spa which offers various treatments, which include a fish massage or fish pedicure, which costs 8 euros for 1 person or 15 euros for 2 people for a 15 min treatment. This 'fish massage' is offered all along the beach front and is also cheaper than the service offered at the hotel.
There is a gym on site, but this is very basic, and soem of the equipment is not very well maintained.
There is a hairdresser in the hotel, and also a dive company, although they did not seem to be open.
There is an entertainment team at the hotel, but to be honest we didn't really have contact with them so I can't comment on them. it would have been better if there had been a timetable of activities so that guests can join in if they are not down at the main pool area. There are a variety of shows on in the evening.
People do reserve the sunbeds and parasol despite this being "forbidden" by the hotel. This was not too much of a problem when we were there but it could be difficult to get a lounger in the summer months.
We were half board. Unlike other hotels we've stayed at the half board option meant that we could have breakfast then either our lunch or evening meal without having to give prior notice.
The food was ok. There was plenty of choice, and we never struggled to find something to eat. It did get a bit repetitive, and the fish/meat was nearly always over cooked.
We were told from other guests that the food is generally better cooked at lunch time as there is not as many people to cook for.
For us this hotel was in an ideal location. Yes there is a hill to walk to get to and from the beach but if you are fit and healthy you will have no problems. There are 2 beaches both within walking distance.
If you are going to Tenerife for wild nights out then this is not the ideal area. It is a 30-45 min walk to Las Americas from the hotel. There is a taxi rank outside the hotel and a taxi to Las Americas will cost 5-8 Euros’. There is also a bus stop right next to the hotel from which regular buses run to Las Americas/Los cristianos a single fare costs 1.60 Euro's.
In summary I would recommend this hotel to other people. It was good value for money, with good facilities. I'm not sure what people expect, but other than the problems with the pillows I could not really find much fault with this hotel.
Hope this review is helpful, contact me if you have any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel GF FAÑABE**** is an ideal establishment to enjoy the services it offers, but we would like to recommend that you leave yourself in the hands of its professionals, personal, friendly and familiar attention that will make you feel right at home. For anything you may need, please don’t hesitate to ask and you will get an excellent service from one of our staff who will attend to you immediately and efficiently. You will miss them when you leave the hotel and you will remember the little things they did to take care of you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your GF Fanabe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fanabe Hotel Tenerife
- Fanabe Costa Sur Adeje
- Hotel Fanabe Tenerife
- Hotel Fanabe Costa Sur
- Fanabe Costa Sur Tenerife
- Fanabe Costa Sur Hotel Tenerife
- GF Fanabe Costa Adeje, Tenerife