Following a 9 hour delay at the airport we arrived at the Guayarmina Princess late at night. We were allocated room 2024 while our friends had 2030. Both couples paid the same price, and I wish the same could be said about the standard of the rooms allocated. 2030 faced the front entrance and had an open balcony, plenty of storage and seating. 2024 had a fully glazed enclosed balcony with a small opening. It is an echoing, souless area that did not invite you to sit on it and relax. Some kind of decoration would have made it much better, and reduced the echoing. The storage consisted of a small single wardrobe with only hanging space and a bottom shelf with space taken by the safe (cost - 2.25 euros a day!!), and an inaccessible top shelf for the shorter ones amongst us. There was a locked fridge (4 euros a day for its use!!!!) It also faced north over a carpark and onto a concrete faced wall. The room had a floor to ceiling window which was a continuous feature to that elevation reaching up and down to the other floors. There appeared to be very little barrier between the window and the floors, so you could hear EVERYTHING going on in the room above and the room below. Upon complaint we were moved to a room with a sea view, but this took three days.
It is unfortunate but first impressions are the ones that count and that is why I have only rated this hotel as average. Those first days gave a frankly poor impression, but the last ones increased my overal rated by a notch!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel in Costa Adeje features an extraordinary architecture. The Guayarmina Princess with its gigantic pillars is located directly at the boardwalk of Fanabe beach. Most of the balconies look out over the the beach, the sea or Costa Adeje; the popular resort in the south of Tenerife. The large outdoor pool with its turquoise waters and several beach entries is surrounded by various areas for sunbathing. One sun terrace is for adults only. Daily pool and sport activities are organized by the entertainment team and include aerobics, water aerobics, archery, darts and boules. Furthermore the hotel provides table tennis, multi-use court, billiard and squash court. For the little guests there’s a mini-club, mini-disco, children’s pool and a children's playground. The main restaurant Guayarmina with live-cooking offers buffet-style breakfast, lunch and dinner. Furthermore the Guayarmina Princess provides an A-la-carte-Restaurant La Palmera (Snacks & and a la carte meals) as well as 4 bars. The terraces of the Mojito Bar and Sunset Bar with their stylish, bright white furniture boast stunning sea views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Idiso Digital, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Guayarmina Princess Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guayarmina Princess Costa Adeje
- Guayarmina Princess Tenerife
- Guayarmina Princess Hotel Tenerife
- Hotel Guayarmina Princess Tenerife
- Guayarmina Hotel Tenerife
- Guayarmina Princess Hotel Costa Adeje, Tenerife