Our first impression of this hotel was very good as we were checked in very quickly and were sent to our room on the 3rd floor. However, when we got out of the lift there were mats and buckets everywhere soaking up the rain water which had leaked in. We had a side sea view and found the room to be very comforable with plenty of space. No complaints at all about the room. We then set off to find the dining room which was more easily said than done. We tried the stairs and got nowhere so we ended up re-tracing our steps and used the lift. It wasn't until 3 days later that we realised that the reception, dining room and pool were above us even though we were on the 3rd floor so we had to go UP the steps. This wasn't explained to us and we thought all guests should be given a hotel plan on arrival.. The pools were fine but the the price you pay for having sun beds to accommodate all the guests is lack of space between them. The sun umbrellas were fixed in position so you could not move them around with the sun. Also the tiled areas around the pool were extremely slippery so you needed to wear shoes at all times. The food was very much the same at all meals but there was plenty of variety so you could have something different. At busy times there were long queues to enter the dining room but, saying that, you didn't have to wait longer than 10 mins and the staff were always very friendly and helpful. The dining room staff worked extremely hard and always had a smile on their faces.
We didn't stay in for the evening entertainment so cannot comment on that. We found a couple of local bars with live music and tended to visit them on an evening expecially as a large beer was only 1Euro!
We weren't keen on Costa Adeje. We expected it to be much more upmarket than it was. The hotel was situated right on the front and if you walked towards La Caleta then it was fine. This area is being modernised and we enjoyed walking in this direction. If you like shopping then there are a couple of new and modern shopping centres just 10 mins. walk away. However, we found the area in front of the hotel and in the direction of Los Cristianos to be very run down and populated by derelict shops. We also didn't like being accosted by people standing outside cafes touting for custom. Costa Adeje is not somewhere we would visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel in Costa Adeje features an extraordinary architecture. The Guayarmina Princess with its gigantic pillars is located directly at the boardwalk of Fanabe beach. Most of the balconies look out over the the beach, the sea or Costa Adeje; the popular resort in the south of Tenerife. The large outdoor pool with its turquoise waters and several beach entries is surrounded by various areas for sunbathing. One sun terrace is for adults only. Daily pool and sport activities are organized by the entertainment team and include aerobics, water aerobics, archery, darts and boules. Furthermore the hotel provides table tennis, multi-use court, billiard and squash court. For the little guests there’s a mini-club, mini-disco, children’s pool and a children's playground. The main restaurant Guayarmina with live-cooking offers buffet-style breakfast, lunch and dinner. Furthermore the Guayarmina Princess provides an A-la-carte-Restaurant La Palmera (Snacks & and a la carte meals) as well as 4 bars. The terraces of the Mojito Bar and Sunset Bar with their stylish, bright white furniture boast stunning sea views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, Idiso Digital, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Guayarmina Princess Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guayarmina Princess Costa Adeje
- Guayarmina Princess Tenerife
- Guayarmina Princess Hotel Tenerife
- Hotel Guayarmina Princess Tenerife
- Guayarmina Hotel Tenerife
- Guayarmina Princess Hotel Costa Adeje, Tenerife