“Gastronomic delight”

Cuisines: Belgian, European, French, Italian, International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2014

One of the best restaurants I have even been in, this restaurant should have a Michelin star, the quality of the fusion food for the price is outstanding. Lucas Maes the owner/chef served us and tailored our dishes to suit the needs of our friends. The wine cellar in the middle of the restaurant is truly a fantastic centre piece, I only wish I had eaten here every night. You must try the 6 course taster menu for €42 it's incredible value for money. Worth every euro, a must for food lovers.

4  Thank Pam W

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is in my opinion one of the best restaurants I visited until now in Tenerife (Costa Adeje).
Besides a friendly staff, the chef is really a master in cooking lovely dishes. So I can recommend this restaurant to anyone who's loves a good STAR diner and who does't wish to pay a STAR price. Also the wine cellar is a beauty to see and the wine in it is superbe to taste!
Lucas please continu that way, we'll be back in June this year to enjoy more lovely diners @ your also lovely located restaurant :-)
Herman V

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Sucas is the restaurant of Belgian chef Lucas Maes, located in the plush modernist building of the Baobab Suites hotel. It's a minimalist setting with lots of space, but with a low ceiling that makes it very noisy - which is the only major complaint I have. Apparently they plan to address this by adding sound absorbing materials.
We took the six course tasting menu which at 48€ is a bargain - I'd definitely recommend this one. Maes cooks with top quality and very fresh ingredients. I wouldn't call his dishes surprising or innovative, but they are well done. We had a good zucchini soup that was so light it was almost an espuma, very good raw tuna, an excellent ravioli with mushrooms, salmon with mashed potatoes and seaweed, a small piece of perfectly tender grilled beef, and a great combination of passion fruit cream, coconut, mint granita and meringue. All of it subtle, fresh, and prepared to perfection.
The wines are pretty expensive and ours (a Spanish syrah/grenache combination) was ok but not really worth its hefty price. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have a house wine.
The atmosphere is stylish but relaxed and the service very friendly. Sucas serves about 40 every evening and is always full, so a reservation is necessary.

1  Thank ClemRobyns
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Went here with a group of friends recently. I was looking forward to it as there aren't that many restaurants in tenerife at this supposed standard. The staff were not particularly friendly, and the restaurant itself has poor acoustics, making it very noisy and difficult to hear. The menu however had a lot of very interesting dishes on it and i chose the sashimi followed by prawn ravioli. Both my courses were delicious. However the whole evening was ruined by the surly wait staff and poor service. Glasses were left uncleared on our table, when our food was brought to the table the staff had to ask us who had ordered what, our wine was taken so far away from the table we couldn't pour it ourselves and given the pour service we ended up asking them to leave it on the table. Two of our party moved onto red wine with the second course and no fresh glasses were brought, and no one offered to pour it! The staff were not paying attention at all. I would love to go back again for the food, but given the price and the poor service i doubt that i will bother. Its a shame because the food was really good. Perhaps we just struck an off night, or given its newness the staff haven't been trained yet. In any event they need to lose the attitude and pay attention to their customers.

1  Thank FoodloverLondon
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We had a wonderful diner in Restaurante Sucas, located in the new and stylish suite hotel Baobab in Adeje. As in his base restaurant Lucas in Puerto de la Cruz, Lucas Maes and his staff have full control over each detail of the tasteful dishes they serve. It is a pleasure to watch the skilful and disciplined chefs working together to compose each plate for their clientele. Never in stress and always with pleasure. Non plus ultra for the south of Tenerife.