“This hotel has it all”

Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur
Ranked #7 of 60 Hotels in Costa Adeje
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed at this lovely hotel for 12 days in the first 2 weeks of April and had a wonderful relaxing time. The staff were so helpful and friendly, the rooms are lovely and spacious as is the bathroom with everything you could need in way of comfort and toiletries, the balcony too was spacious with chair/loungers which are the best and most comfortable we've ever had! We were half board and enjoyed every meal at the buffet restaurant, breakfast had everything and more! We also loved the choice of being able to eat outside, inside or in the sheltered open air area. With it being the spring break I think the hotel was probably near full capacity but the beauty of this hotel is that it didn't feel as if it was. It never seemed overcrowded and there were quite alot of families aswell as alot of couples which was a nice mix. The pools and grounds are beautiful and spotless. The pool areas have been well thought out - there are five of them which would make you think it would be huge - but it's compact with no great distance to whichever pool you choose from wherever you're 'chilling!' And the other wonderful thing again is that it never felt overcrowded! Towels too are plentiful!
We had a look round the spa and it was lovely but we never used it. The gym was well equipped but again we never used it....maybe next time!!
This hotel earns its 5 stars as in our opinion it's got everything right for a wonderful and relaxing holiday which is exactly what we love! We've already booked to return again next year so that really says it all for us!

Room Tip: We like a high floor with evening sun...just our preference!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We just got back from a week at this lovely hotel in Costa Adeje.. We were on a bed and breakfast package which was perfect for us as we like to eat out. Breakfasts were fantastic with a choice of fruits, cakes, cereals, egg station, really everything you can think of. Pool areas were beautifully kept with gorgeous shrubs and trees etc .quiet and very relaxing with loads of beds and endless supply of towels. 2 pools are heated. We had a villa which was great, with a jacuzzi in our own enclosed garden. It is a 5 - 10 minute walk downhill to the lovely clean beach, great for swimming. Some really nice restaurants close by. All in all we would return to this hotel as the staff and accommodation were perfect.

Room Tip: The villa was great, but a little expensive. But try to get a sea view as it is amazing.
2  Thank RogerAberdeen
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have just spent 10 glorious days at this hotel, travelling there on my own with a small child. The reception from staff was excellent, with a welcome drink and smooth book in, with my room ready for occupation at 11:00 am - they we're expect me.

The hotel itself is modern and calming in its decor, the rooms are large (I'd recommend a sea views), the multiple pools mean that the pool area never feels full, and there are always loungers and towels, the breakfast is excellent but the buffet was, as always, a bit repetitive but there are lots of lovely restaurants near by. The staff here are wonderful, the waiters engaged with my child, often carrying kinda eggs, and other surprises, the reception staff were always a joy to deal with and even maintenance had a friendly smile. The mini club was excellent, with really engaging upbeat staff. The location is very central, surrounded by busy roads but surprisingly this was not an issue as the hotel is very high and you you just get great views of the sea, with no real noise issues for us. I have stayed at several 5 star hotels in the Canary Islands and this is by far the best - a real joy to visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a rom away from the road before you travel
3  Thank Jw22-70
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We are currently staying at this hotel until 25th April and you cannot fault the service and friendliness of the staff which makes this hotel. However, we paid extra for a 'superior' room and had emailed prior requesting if possible a quiet room location and afternoon sun, our first room, ground floor 19 was located above the very noisy kitchen and had one of the smallest balconies. The noise from the kitchen with banging & crashing went on until 11.45 pm and started again at 05.30am, needless to say we requested a room change at 06.00 am and were moved later that morning.
Whilst the room we are in now is adequate I would not expect to pay a premium for this standard of room in a 5 star hotel
To sum up the staff are very helpful and friendly, the pool area very clean and plenty of sunbeds, however the rooms are not 5 star and sadly no consideration was given to my request for room choice. On checking in the receptionist even said we had a lovely room !!!

Room Tip: Not number 19 !!!
3  Thank Steve999Jersey
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Lovely hotel and setting, very clean, we visited 5-12 April housekeeping could not do enough for you but we found the restaurant staff to be a little brusque and felt rushed. It was a buffet meal although if you wanted anything cooked to order there were quite lengthy queues. I wouldn't say the choice of food was 5 star, a lot of the same each evening and after staying in other 5 star hotels in Tenerife, I wouldn't say it matched them.
The pool area was always very clean and quiet, lots of areas to sunbathe and a life guard always in attendance, with enough beds and towels and I must give a special mention to Rita the fitness instructor who gave us all a very enjoyable aqua gym session every day.overall a lovely stay

Room Tip: We had a room on the reception floor overlooking the pools and the sea, lovely and quiet
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband, son (10 years old) and I stayed at this hotel from 5th to 12th of April. It is a lovely hotel, the pool and garden areas are beautiful. It is very quiet and tranquil, so if it's relaxation your looking for then this is the place to be. All of the staff I came in contact with were very pleasant and helpful.

We stayed on a B&B basis in a junior suite which was quite spacious for the 3 of us. The breakfast was of a good standard with plenty of choice, the only thing that was missing for me was berries (blueberries,strawberries,raspberries) which I have everyday at home but they had a good choice of other fruits. The oranges and kiwi fruit were especially nice, there was also an egg station with freshly made pancakes which my son loved, the omelettes were also very good.

I used the gym which was pretty good for the size of the hotel but 1 of the 2 treadmills was broken which let it down a bit. I'd say the drinks in the hotel were reasonably priced for a 5 star hotel compared to other 5 star hotels I've stayed in. We ate out nearly every night, there is quite a few restaurants and bars at the bottom of the hill which were good and have views of the sea. There's also a modern shopping centre which is nice to walk around if that's your thing.

All in all it is a good hotel with good service in a lovely area. I would definitely return to this area
and if not this hotel maybe one of the others in this resort as there are quite a few.

I would have given this hotel 4.5 if I could have, for me the reason it's not 5 is because of the berries, the treadmill and the bed was a little on the firm side for me! Obviously not a deal breaker just little personal niggles!

2  Thank EBLRB
Carmen_VincciHoteles, Atención al Cliente at Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear guest,

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for having chosen us and for offering us your comments and opinions. We will take them into account carefully, because they will help us improve every day, and also to adapt our facilities and services to our customers' tastes and needs.

We hope to be able to welcome you again soon at our hotel.

With best wishes,
Carmen Fernández

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is a beautiful hotel, worthy of it's five star rating. It is situated a little out of the main town, up a steep hill, but this would not put me off. The rooms are spacious and well laid out although personally I could have done with a little more wardrobe space. The bathroom is wonderfully decadent with a large bath, walk in shower and separate toilet area. There is a large selection of toiletries including toothbrushes, shower gels etc. The hair drier is satisfactory but personally I would have liked a bit more power.
What really set this hotel above many I have stayed in was the service given by all the staff. Absolutely nothing was too much trouble. Staff remembered our names, room numbers when we were leaving etc. The dining staff were friendly and courteous and made us all feel very special. Special mention must go to Moses and Lkaldi who were especially attentive. We had a late departure and were given a courtesy room to get ready, but after a rainy day spent in town we wandered back into the hotel and the porter arranged the room to be given to us early (he had remembered us and all our details - very thoughtful). The staff in the kids club were amazing and arranged excellent activities.
All in all a great hotel that we would visit again. Many thanks to all for making it a wonderful holiday.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank queenofthemoors

Dear guest,

We appreciate your comments, and we will pass on your congratulations to the whole team. It is our greatest satisfaction to hear that you have had a good experience at our hotel, and this is our motivation for working every day.

We would be delighted to welcome you again to our hotel.

With best wishes.