Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur
GreenLeadersBronze level
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Day 2”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Now there is a common theme to my reviews and the first is i am sitting with another lovely bottle of wine with the same lovely company. Today i have witnessed my first canarian wedding celebration hosted by the hotel. Yet despite the fact that approx 100 guests were being catered for the hotel guests still received the amazing service from the staff during dinner in the buffet restaurant. I also met Adriane the delightfully polite manager of the hotel who introduced himself to me and my partner and stated that if we wanted anything to ask for him personally. Now this is what makes this hotel special. Other 5 star hotels i have been too in the past have managers that lock themselves in offices and even if you complain you never see them. So it is great to see management mingling with guests checking everything is to your standards. After dinner we were treated to some entertainment in the bar area away from the wedding. A Ray Charles lookalike singer with an amazing voice singing some of the classics. He was also joined by a young lady hotel quest with a voice of an angel. The duet of "Summertime" was magical. Now back to the wedding. All quests were warned about the potential of noise between 10.30 and 11.30 when we witnessed from our balcony again a traditional canarian celebration with carnival band and dancers and fireworks. This great day was topped off when returning to the room to find fresh towels in the bathroom ready for the morning and some lovely chocolates on the bed which my partner enjoyed. Looking forward to day 3 in paradise

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Scouse1977

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (546)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I am writing this from the balcony of my room 228. Fantastic view of the complex, pools and sea. Sitting having a lovely bottle of vino with lovely company and listening to a fantastic saxophone player. Let me just say over the past 6 months i have been reading the reviews and thougjt they were to good to be true. But this is simply paradise. Hotel is fantastic and staff cannot be more helpful. Thank god we have 6 more days left.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Scouse1977
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Just back after staying for a week at this hotel . My husband and myself had a very nice time staying at one of the villa rooms with its own sun terrace and jacuzzi upstairs . Very nice . We found the staff to be very helpfull and friendly and nothing was too much bother . We were on a bed and breakfast basis . Breakfast was very nice . On arrival we were given a voucher for the a la carte restuarant for a 5 course tasting menu complimentary . What a treat our bill was €25 for a delightful evening only paying for our wine and water ,and the service was excellent . I would definitely recommend this hotel to couples and families . The only thing that would maybe put people of is the fact that it's at the top of a hilll but it was only €3 for a taxi back up from the main bars and restuarants. All in all we had an excellent holiday and would return without hesitation .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LOCMOC
Skipton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed from 1 April for 10 days at this hotel. We loved our room which was spacious with a comfy bed and large bathroom with 2 washbasins and a separate and powerful shower. We had a sea view room with balcony. It was at one end of the hotel and you went on an outdoor corridor to get to it.
The staff were excellent and helpful and very pleasant. The pool areas were very good with enough sunbeds for all. The food was good in the buffet both at breakfast and dinner and we also enjoyed the tapas restaurant near the pools which we used twice for dinner and used at lunchtimes.
Downsides were that the buffet restaurant indoors was laid out like a canteen not a 5 star hotel restaurant and, on our 1st night, when the weather was not so good, it was so crowded that people had to wait in the bar to get a table. it was fine on other nights when people could eat outside.
The bar was more like a rest home lounge or a library, it was so quiet and lacking in atmosphere. Indeed the whole hotel was lacking that atmosphere and was a bit soulless.
Finally you need to be aware before going that the hotel is up a steep hill so getting down to the promenade is okay but getting back up again is hard especially when it is hot.
Enjoyed the holiday but would not stay at the hotel again though we really like Costa Adeje.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John D
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I've taken a while to write this review but when I read the other reviews of this hotel I find it really strange that so few mention the issue of the 'villa' rooms and the proximity to the road. I understood before visiting that it was on a hill and that was totally fine. But I didn't realise that when I paid for my upgrade to a villa and again paid for an upgrade from a garden villa to a terrace villa that the room would over look a very busy and very noisy 4 lane road. And I mean noisy- trucks and lorries all the time. The road was so bad that we never used the terrace- why would we want to use a terrace when lorries are trundling along the road all the time? We could also hear the road noise even when the doors were closed. We looked at moving to a garden villa but I personally found these very dark and again the noise of the road was bad. Sadly the suites were fully booked so we couldn't move.

There are many positives about the hotel- which are well covered in other reviews so no need to repeat what others have written: breakfast was lovely, staff great, cleanliness very good. People said the kids club was amazing and apparently the suites in the hotel were beautiful. This is where I really wish we had a room, as if based in the main hotel building, road noise wouldn't have been an issue- the villas were the problem as they are based in a horse shoe shape running around the outside of the hotel nearest the noisy road.

But most other reviews cover the good bits... So I am pointing out the other points I thought were lacking:
1. Only one or maybe two pool staff getting drinks for many guest across several pools, often took ages to get a drink or I had to walk to the bar myself. Given I went at night season in august, they needed more staff.
2. The gym temperature was way too high and not air conditioned properly - I was told this was for health as it is dangerous to be too much colder than the outside air temperature what???? Meant I couldn't use the gym... And other guests were also fed up, not just me!
3. Was disappointed one pool wasn't an adults only pool. Given the number of pools, I think one should be adults only in the middle of summer when there are lots of kids in resort.

Anyway I would go back as the hotel was beautiful but i would get a suite in the hotel. I really hated the villa rooms and to be honest, the road noise ruined my holiday. I left London to chill and get away from noise and traffic not to wake up to it every morning.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank CityGirl55London
Carmen_VincciHoteles, Atención al Cliente at Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us, and for taking the time to provide your comments.

We are pleased to hear that you rated positively our breakfast and the attention received from our staff. On the other hand, we regret that some aspects of your stay with us did not completely live up to your expectations. We will take your comments into account carefully, because they will help us improve each day, and in this manner to adapt our installations and services to our customers' tastes and needs.

We are sorry if at one isolated moment the staff at the pool was not sufficient to attend all our customers properly. We take note of your rating, and we will take it into account so that similar situations do not occur again.

Regarding the temperature of the gymnasium, as we commented, we do not have the air conditioning turned throughout the whole day because it could have adverse health effects when exercising, but thanks to your comment from now on we will put on the air conditioning in the gymnasium in the moments in which it is not occupied so that an adequate temperature can be maintained.

Finally, we have 6 pools in the hotel and up to now we have not considered dedicating a swimming pool for adults only, but we will take into account your comments and evaluate the idea.

We remain at your service for whatever you might need, and we hope that you can come back to visit us againt to enjoy a real Vincci experience.

With best wishes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for a second time and just loved it. The hotel is beautiful and all rooms have a "view" so you are not disappointed. The pools are excellent and there are plenty of sun beds dotted around so no need to worry you won't get one. The rooms are spacious and very well kept - everything you need is there. The breakfast selection is excellent - freshly made to order pancakes or omelettes being a speciality. We did B&B but often decided to stay at the hotel for a meal in the evening because the food was lovely (and I am not a fan of buffet type food!). So this hotel is amazing but what makes is extra special are the staff. Every single member of staff cannot do enough for you - from the reception staff to the waiters they are brilliant and make you feel so welcome! They even managed to send my husband's house keys home to UK when he left them in a drawer in our room. Cannot recommend this hotel highly enough! We will go back!!

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of sorts so they are good rooms wherever you are - it's a quiet part of Co...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Carmen_VincciHoteles, Atención al Cliente at Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear guest,

We appreciate your comments, and we will pass on your congratulations to the whole team. It is our greatest satisfaction to hear that you have had a good experience at our hotel, and this is our motivation for working every day.

We would be delighted to welcome you again to our hotel.

With best wishes.
West sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Our one week stay at this lovely hotel exceeded our expectations. With 2 small children the majority of our time was spent in the blissfully warm paddling pool! (We had experienced a cold paddling pool at a different hotel last year so this was a plus straight away.) A children's club also helped to keep the 4 year old occupied. Granny enjoyed the yoga(!), which was part of a pretty full 'fitness' programme run by Rita. Had we not gone mainly for a toddlers paddling holiday we would probably have sampled more. We had, as requested, been allocated adjoining rooms. The quality and standard of the rooms was excellent. The children were welcomed into the restaurant where we all enjoyed some wonderful meals, certainly 5 star food. All the staff were helpful and welcoming. We had a wonderful week and would certainly like to make a return visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jan P
Dear guest,

It is a pleasure to read comments such as yours that encourage us to continue making an effort so that our customers' experiences at our hotels is pleasant and enjoyable.

We would be delighted to be able to welcome you again to any of our hotels.

With best wishes,