“A truly great hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Basildon, United Kingdom
“A truly great hotel”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

A great hotel, made to feel welcome right away. Toni was very helpful, bring a glass of champagne at reception and taking our bags to our room. All the staff at the hotel were great, nothing was too much trouble. We had an ocean view suite, it was very nice, clean and a fantastic size. Breakfast was a great selection of food. We had a 5 course meal in the restaurant, this was fantastic and the service excellent. We used the spa and it was very nice and relaxing. As younger people we had no trouble with the hill. The pool side service was great and not that expensive seeing as it is a 5* hotel. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rob E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have just returned from a week's stay at the hotel and want to say what a wonderful experience it was. The staff were courteous and friendly especially with the children. The pools were clean and there was a pool for everyone. The spa was luxurious and reasonably priced. We stayed bed and breakfast which gave flexibility to either stay in or go out in the evenings. The rooms were spacious and clean. It was the most friendly hotel we've stayed in! Perfect for an easy going holiday. I would happily return again

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank NB223
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in May 2014 with my wife. Very quiet hotel, great for a relaxing week away from home. Had a rooftop jacuzzi room with its own private sun bathing area on the roof top. Worth paying the extra if you want something really special. If you are reasonably fit, then the steep hill walk to the beach is ok. The restaurant was good, plenty to choose from every night if you are half board.

Stayed May 2014
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a wonderful short break and had an amazing time. We were very lucky to have our room upgraded to a villa with a Jacuzzi and garden. Absolutely fantastic. The villa was amazing, beautiful view, super comfy bed, fantastic rain shower and very clean. It was really quite spectacular to watch the sunset from our Jacuzzi!
All the staff were friendly and helpful and meals at the hotel were good quality and reasonably priced.
The only slight downside to this hotel is that its located at the top of a big hill with all the shops, restaurants and beach at the bottom. You can, of course, stay at the hotel as there's plenty of food choices and the pools are lovely but it is quite a trek if you want to go out. This definitely wouldn't stop us staying here again, in fact, we are planning another trip here in the near future. I

Room Tip: Get a Jacuzzi room if you can, makes it extra special
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank abirainbowbright
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel has to be the finest hotel I have been to in the Costa Adeje Area of Tenerife. I stayed there for ten days from the 20th -30th June with my daughter . The hotel has a superb quiet and relaxing atmosphere. The rooms are an excellent spacious size with a great his / her bathroom. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The food was of a very high standard and we looked forward to our evening meal each day.The pool area's are beautiful and there is no need to reserve beds . Our only disaster was filling the bath , it only takes a few minutes and it is full .My daughter turned on the taps and came to get clothes ready for after, then returned to a flooded bathroom . No problem though a maid came to our rescue and soon had everything under control . Overall will return as found this Hotel to be my favourite yet and totally enjoyed my stay .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephen Q
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I loved the warm welcome at arrival, the super nice and genuine staff and the information we got.
There is really nothing negative to say about our one week stay in this superbe hotel, to be quite honest.
The hotel itself is not so big (170 rooms) and very well designed, so that it never gets really busy or crowdy. Our junior suite with a sea side view (and facing the garden/ pool) was spacious, very clean and cosy. Not too much natural light, but this did not disturb me. Also an amazing bathroom and a small walk-through wardrobe.
The pools and garden are astonishing, clean and welcoming. Sometimes, the big pools are not that warm, but it is the wind and it's typical for Teneriffa. Waiters are discrete, but there where you need them (even at the kid's pools).
We loved the food, a great variety and truly tasty. For lunch, I can recommend the fish plate.

What I also appreciated was a kind manager of duty. He was not hiding behind a desk, but staying there to make sure everything was running smoothly and talking to the guests.

I would definitely return :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a very enjoyable two week stay at La Plantacion with my boyfriend. On arrival staff were very prompt in getting us checked in and I was delighted to hear we had been upgraded to a villa with our own whirlpool bath outside.

Accommodation: The villa was gorgeous, very spacious with a super king bed, a walk in wardrobe and huge bathroom with his and hers sinks, large bath, shower with jets and a separate toilet. I thought the villa was wonderful. Our room was cleaned to a good standard each day and you get fresh towels every day!

Hotel: The hotel itself is beautiful, luxurious and impressive. As soon as I arrived I knew that it was of high quality. I have to say that I have high expectations of a holiday, especially when I'm spending a fair bit of money.

Grounds and sun beds: The grounds of the hotel are very well kept, the five pools (including children's) are lovely and the greenery surrounding makes for a relaxing setting. There are plenty of sun beds and a few Balinese beds for you to choose from. The hotel staff put towels on the sun beds in the morning for you which I thought was a good idea, on previous holidays, holiday makers have been up at stupid hours just to get a good sun bed, fortunately that is resolved.

The Balinese beds are very comfortable and are very popular. Although guests were not meant to reserve the beds, many of the beds were taken in the morning. If you want one of these beds for the day I would recommend you get up about 8!

Atmosphere: The hotel was very quiet during our stay, not that there were few guests but the hotel has a peaceful atmosphere at all times. If you are looking for ultimate relaxation then this is for you. As much as I loved the hotel, it was very quiet at night (which may appeal to some) but for me it lacked atmosphere. At dinner there was a different singer each night who sang until about 11 but that was the only form of entertainment. The library bar was lovely with fab furnishings but again, no-one seemed to use it.

The tapas bar which is around the pools was open at night for another option other than the hotel buffet but I saw very few people eat there (apart from lunch, when it was great). This bar would be a great place to enjoy a drink at night with the views of the pools but I didn't think this was put to much use. It was always dead and I think this would be a perfect opportunity for a bar outside but something is missing to entice guests- maybe music?

Location: Be warned, the hotel does sit on quite a steep hill and is about a five minute walk away from the nearest 24 hour supermarket which was not a problem, however other than this you have a far walk to bars etc. The location is the biggest negative for me.

We did walk to Puerto Colon which has a beach with watersports (we did the Parascending, v.good!) and plenty of bars and restaurants, none of which I particularly liked. I thought the area was slightly tacky but that's just me. We did infact go the sushi bar 'Miishi' which is a teppanyaki style bar and had great food. I had sushi, fillet steak, prawns and more, all gorgeous with fantastic entertainment from the chef!

We didn't explore other areas for night life as many were a good taxi ride away which left us with not much to do at night.

Food- Breakfast offered a large variety of choices: cooked breakfast, cereal, fruit and pancakes etc with the waiters serving you either tea or coffee. A good variety and something for every palette.

Dinner was a different theme each night and was a buffet. Each night there was a grill station where you could choose from steak, chicken, pork, fish etc which was freshly cooked and very nice. Good range of salads each night and a lot of seafood. There was something for everyone and I did think food was of good quality.

Things to do: During our stay we visited the Siam Park- a water park ten minutes away on a free bus and Loro Parque - an animal park.

Siam Park: The park is good fun with some good rides to enjoy. I did chicken out on a few of them as they were too scary for me!! I wouldn't say there was loads of rides but the ones they did have did look good. The Tower of Power is the main attraction which is an almost vertical drop slide (28 metres long I think!) of the park and you finish with the slide going through a shark filled tank- pretty cool but not for me!

The rapids were my favourite, they were great fun and you sit in a round boat like dinghy which takes four people. The lazy river is also enjoyable and ends with an aquarium you go through at the end.

Wave pool is great fun and apparently the largest man made wave at a park ever!

Loro Parque: I absolutely loved this park! It was amazing. The park is about a hours journey away but is well worth it. It is home to killer whales, dolphins, sea lions, tigers, birds and many other interesting animals.

Although the park is not huge, it is very well laid out and there is plenty to see. There are four main shows: Orcas, Dolphins, Sea Lions and The Loro Show (parrots). I would highly recommend all four although my ultimate favourite was the Orcas.

When you arrive at the park you are given a timetable and a map which tells you when the shows are (there are about 4-5 showings of each show) and whereabouts. My advice would be to plan your day around the shows to ensure you see the ones you are interested in. This does shape your day and can mean you are rushing around a little but is well worth it.

We managed to see all 4 shows and they are all brilliant. The animals and their intelligence is just overwhelming and fantastic.

Make sure to see Orca Ocean, the killer whales are such a magnificent mammal to witness and for me it was a great experience along with some good quality photographs to show! Dolphins were also very good to watch and the sea lions are humorous entertainment. I did enjoy the the parrots but not a match on the others!

For me the visits made the holiday and I would recommend both parks and also the Parascending! A great stay, you just need to be aware of the location.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple