We stayed at this hotel at beginning of June 2008 and had one of our most relaxing holidays, considering we took our 4yr old son with us too!
TRANSFER: booked a private taxi transfer with Tenerifetaxitransfer.com about £30 return, payable on arrival. No sooner had we collected our bags and walked through arrivals we were met by the taxi representative and went straight to a taxi waiting outside with no queues. The drive to the hotel was only 20 mins so no waiting around for a coach and then a long journey. We took a booster seat with us and checked it in with our buggy so we had a safe and secure seat for our son to the hotel. The taxi companies won't supply a booster seat because of their Laws.
HOTEL: when we arrived with were greeted by really friendly reception staff and some champagne. There was a bit of confusion with our booking. We booked our Hotel and Flights separately with Thomsons and got a special deal with the dates we were staying for a free upgrade to half board. They didn't seem to have this on their records although we had an email from Thomsons to confirm this, luckily we took the email printed out with us and this was sorted out promptly. Our room was exceptional. It was a junior suite on the top floor with amazing views over the La Gomera. The rooms were spacious and the bathrooms huge with a massive bath, two sinks and separate double shower. Lots of luxury toiletries, towels, slippers and robes. There was a enormous four poster bed. There was a separate small bed in the living room for our son. Two flat screen TVs, one in the lounge and one in our bedroom. Only one children's channel available in English. The balcony was large with a sunlounger, table and chairs. Lots of privacy and not overlooked as it faced the ocean.
FOOD: the food was excellent, although it did sometimes become a bit repetitive. We were half board but did go out in the Costa Adeje to eat a couple of times in our 10 night stay. The chinese restaurant down the hill was lovely but be warned the walk back up the hill was quite steep after a few drinks and food. Breakfast was wonderful, great selection for all the family, can't fault it. The staff were so friendly too and always had time for the children.
POOLS: There were 6 pools, two of which were children's pools. No rushing for sunbeds needed here, although some people still felt the need to put their towels out in the morning and then not use them until the afternoon. This was June so may be this is quieter than summer holidays might be. The weather was fantastic and only had one cloudy day which we appreciated so we could walk down the Los Christianos for the day.
SPA: I had some treatments in the Spa, an amazing experience with ice pool, steam rooms, aroma rooms and relaxation rooms. Well worth the visit, quite reasonably priced too.
Sorry this review got a bit long but had so much good to say about it and will probably go back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful hotel is located in the privileged zone in the South of Tenerife, Costa Adeje. Given it offers privileged views. It is of Colonial Canarian style, with tropical gardens and has an exquisite decoration full of harmony and elegance in each corner. Located only 500 meters from the Bahia del Duque Beach, it is in the proximity of the best Golf course on the island and is only 20 minutes from the Airport Reina Sofia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Hotel Costa Adeje
- Seleccion La Plantacion Vincci
- La Plantacion
- Vincci La Plantacion
- Vincci Playa De Las Americas
- Vincci Plantacion
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Costa Adeje, Tenerife