Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Iberostar Sabila(Costa Adeje)
US$165
US$148
  • Beachfront
Iberostar Anthelia(Costa Adeje)
US$261
GF Fanabe(Costa Adeje)(Great Value!)
US$120
Melia.com
US$611
US$204
  • Beachfront
GF Gran Costa Adeje(Costa Adeje)
US$180
US$174
Tinerfe Garden(Costa Adeje)
US$49
2,858 results
All reviewsgarden villala plantationgourmet restaurantbalinese bedsfour poster bedsteep hillon arrivaldressing roomevening buffetspa poolsea viewlovely hoteljunior suitegolf buggylarge bathhalf boardpoolside restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 November 2009

I have just returned from this hotel (30/10/09) with my family. From the outset I would recommend this hotel, I always book top hotels on any of my trips business and pleasure. The reason for my recommendation for those people considering staying at this hotel is simply the staff make it, they are freindly and extremely helpful.

I would suggest that before booking H/B you travel to the hotel and try it for an evening, food not bad, probadly what you would expect from a hotel. If it is to your liking try and do a deal with the management.

Before booking this hotel I like most people done my research , mainly through trip advisor. The location of this hotel was a big negative i.e. the hill that you have to climb from the beach, however the staff can supply a people carrier to run you down to the beach 3 to 5 minutes, also collect you if you wish.

Restaurants in the immediate area, we didn't find that many good ones. I would recommend Biancos in the Safari Commerical Centre 13 euro taxi worth it, make sure you book. The other restaurant is close by a little fish restaurant owned by a family and run for 20yrs, can't remember the name but is in La Caleta.

Rooms, you need to be careful, I was aware that people had mentioned noise from the road and lifts, when I arrived I was shown to my room, very nice with a great side view of the sea.
However I didnt take any chances and immediately asked for a different room, I was immediately shown other rooms, I eventually decided to take an upgrade for 50 euro per night to a junior suite, room 117.

Fantastic view and a brilliant room, cleaners fantastic and very helpful.

I would recommend this hotel to most people, however if you have walking difficulties be prepared to spend a little money on taxis to get out in the evening.

Great view from this hotel, the staff really make it, also a point worth mentioning like most places in the world hotel trade is down, this is mainly down to the number of flights being cut back. This does not reflect on the price for eating out, still expensive, it is worth bearing in mind that you could try and do a deal for half board when you arrive at your hotel.

Also a good gym, just what you need after walking up the hill.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank beattie88
VincciHotels, Community Manager at Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2011

To our esteemed guest:

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate knowing that your stay with us met your expectations. Without question, our guests’ satisfaction is our raison d’être.

We hope to see you again soon at one of our hotels.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed 30 October 2009

On the positive side, the hotel is beautifully furnished, the a la carte restaurant was excellent and the reception staff had a doctor out to my son within 15 mins when he fell poorly. Unfortunately in other areas it fell short when compared to 5 star Sheraton and Hilton hotels that we have stayed in. The breakfast buffet was only very average, as was the expensive evening buffet, the pool areas were disappointing - no garden areas to play with small children in, a bit squashed in and very cold pool, air conditioning in our room hardly worked, no hot water on the first night etc. The hotel was only half full and yet we felt some of the staff weren't overly attentive. In retrospect they may seem like small issues but not what you expect from a 5 star hotel.
We really like the area however and would definitely return but would try a different hotel next time.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2009

We have just returned after a three night stay at the Plantacion, unfortunately I was underwhelmed. The room seemed dated, the theme of the hotel is rustic but some areas were just tatty. We paid £295 a night for the Villa with Solarium and hot tub, but you could upgrade to this room for €50 upon check in and as the basic room rate was €150, we lost out. The room itself was basic and the Hot Tub was old and a bit grubby, also everyone could see into the solarium and we had an uncomfortable experience when our next door neighbours decided to do some "heavy petting" in their hot tub. The Spa was also a dissapointment we paid €100 to do, Canariun Circuit, which was just a steam room then hot tub, the other experience showers were broken. Also breakfast was just average. And the swimming pool small and a bit grubby. I wish we would of gone for the Royal Garden Villas, which were the same price and are apparently miles better.

1  Thank EmmaWirral
Reviewed 20 October 2009

We booked this hotel rather last minute for our belated honeymoon - I don't think we could have picked better! Our room was spacious and beautiful (despite the twin beds pushed together!) and the bathroom was huge with the most amazing shower I've ever been in!

From arrival you could tell this place excelled in its service levels. The staff were so friendly and couldn't do enough for us regardless of what time it was day or night, the hotel was spotless and everything about it just made you relax (the four poster sun loungers are the icing on the cake!).

We were brought champagne and chocolates on our first night, which was a wonderful surprise and a lovely touch. We also treated ourselves to a few spa treatments, which I can thoroughly recommend, as we've never relaxed as much!

In terms of dining, we were really impressed with the choice offered by the hotel. I'm veggie, yet didn't struggle in the slightest during breakfast or dinner - it really was amazing, whether you wanted to be healthy or be tempted by all the delicious pastries!

In terms of location, we loved where the hotel was and wouldn't have changed a thing. It was quiet, away from the crowds and only a short walk to the beach and nearby shops/ restaurants. We're both in our late 20's, so the hill didn't bother us at all (and it's not that bad!) and it was nice to stretch our legs after lazing by the pool all day.

It would be so easy to go on and on about how wonderful staying here was. All I will say though is that we're looking forward to going back - soon!

1  Thank ManchesterDoolings

To our esteemed guest:

We appreciate your comments. We will pass along your praise to the hotel’s entire staff. That you had a good experience at our hotel is our greatest pleasure, and it’s the reason why we work so hard every day.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed 17 October 2009

The build style and furnishings of this hotel are beautiful - it exudes style from the moment you arrive. The bedrooms are very spacious and tastefully furnished with very large bathroom well stocked with various toileteries - and what a shower!!!! - the views from the balconies are excellent . Breakfast is served buffet style in an open balcony area which is delightful and the quality and selection of food available is extensive - the pastries are the best I have tasted . Dinner is also buffet style within the same area and again the quality and selection are excellent. The Staff throughout the hotel are very friendly and helpful and go out of their way to personalise your holiday experience.The external areas are appointed to the highest standard with the garden areas stunning and perefectly positioned pool areas with very comfortable sun beds,mattresses and plentiful towels.The only reason the location rating is reduced is due the steep walk back to the hotel from Playa del Duque area but it is well worth the effort. I would recommend this hotel to everyone to enjoy some 5 star luxury and pampering.

1  Thank Bigred21

To our esteemed guest:

It was such a pleasure reading your comments. Without a doubt, feedback like yours encourages us to continue working hard so that our guests’ experiences at our hotels are enjoyable ones. We would love to see you again soon at any of our establishments.

Kindest regards.