We have just returned from a week's stay at La Plantacion which we found to be a pleasant enough stay. However, from the contents of other reviews I'm inclined to think we may have been lucky in some ways. We booked a junior suite and got a top floor room overlooking the sea. As other reviewers have already mentioned, the room was top class - furnished to 5-star standards. However, much of the rest of what is on offer is very distinctly 4-star.
The breakfast buffet is generous but it's not 5-star and it's the simple things they're missing. For instance, we gave up drinking tea for breakfast because we couldn't get a pot of hot water. I know it's not the end of the world but how hard can it be?
The grounds and pools are impeccably maintained, however the poolside area got quite crowded on sunny afternoons. The one heated pool gets a bit crowded too. The lunch menu at the poolside restaurant is very basic but there is no alternative unless you pack up your belongings and head out of the hotel to one of the local restaurants. Also, as mentioned by another reviewer, a waiter service for the pool area would be a great enhancement.
Our booking was for B&B only and judging by reviews of the dinner buffet this was the better choice. Thankfully there are some very good restaurants within a few minutes taxi ride.
The staff in the hotel were extremely pleasant. They will recommend and book restaurants and order taxis willingly. They could not be more helpful. It's just a shame there aren't more of them!
Overall, we were largely underwhelmed by a rather average experience despite the quality of the premises and the best efforts of the staff.
Been there, done that and one trip will be enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful hotel is located in the privileged zone in the South of Tenerife, Costa Adeje. Given it offers privileged views. It is of Colonial Canarian style, with tropical gardens and has an exquisite decoration full of harmony and elegance in each corner. Located only 500 meters from the Bahia del Duque Beach, it is in the proximity of the best Golf course on the island and is only 20 minutes from the Airport Reina Sofia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Prestigia, Odigeo, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Hotel Costa Adeje
- Seleccion La Plantacion Vincci
- La Plantacion
- Vincci La Plantacion
- Vincci Playa De Las Americas
- Vincci Plantacion
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Costa Adeje, Tenerife