We booked the Plantacion hotel as a family easter break and opted for one of the Royal Suites with a couple of extra beds for the kids. The suite was actually in effect a large room which was probably twice the size of a standard room, with a walk in closet and large bathroom. Beware - some of the balconies on the upper floors are very climable for young children.
The hotel itself is very nice, and the variety of pools is great. Only one of them is heated which is a bit of an issue in April. We didn't visit the spa complex as it cost an extra 10 Euros just to use the indoor and additional outdoor pool - a bit cheeky when you're paying a few hundred Euros per night for a room.
The hotel is a couple of hundred metres from the sea, but is set up on a small hill so the views are good (but probably aren't from the apartments which are much lower). However, the walk to the sea is very convoluted and this bit of the resort is really designed for cars, not people.
The breakfast was good standard Euro breakfast with a wide variety on offer. Omelettes and pancakes could be cooked for you on demand (and on show) but this involved queueing. The evening buffet meal was comprehensive but not special and at 40 Euros a head (if you're on B&B) excluding wine is poor value.
The main problem we had with the hotel was the service, particularly at reception. The staff have variable levels of English but also have to answer the phone while they serve you, meaning that simple issues can take an age to resolve and queues can build up. They're all very willing but sometimes don't quite realise what a 5 star GL hotel should be.
Kids club was ok but sometimes the older children weren't controlled very well. The internet room computers were very unreliable and the pool tables didn't work.
Lastly the rooms are a bit noisy - we were sometime kept awake by people walking down the corridor and the air con and traffic noise can be intrusive at night and in the early morning.
All in all a pleasant week but with a few rough edges which we would not expect from a hotel of this rating (and price)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful hotel is located in the privileged zone in the South of Tenerife, Costa Adeje. Given it offers privileged views. It is of Colonial Canarian style, with tropical gardens and has an exquisite decoration full of harmony and elegance in each corner. Located only 500 meters from the Bahia del Duque Beach, it is in the proximity of the best Golf course on the island and is only 20 minutes from the Airport Reina Sofia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Hotel Costa Adeje
- Seleccion La Plantacion Vincci
- La Plantacion
- Vincci La Plantacion
- Vincci Playa De Las Americas
- Vincci Plantacion
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Costa Adeje, Tenerife