......or at least as far as we were concerned!
When I say that I did my research prior to booking this holiday, it would be one of the biggest under statements ever! I was really concerned about the amount of negative reviews I had read here and the only thing that I kept in mind was that most were written between Christmas - Spring.
Previous reviews seemed to be written by people who deliberately went to this hotel looking to write a review, not by people looking for a cracking hotel on a chilled holiday! (In my opinion anyway.)
The facts according to my Gospel are as follows - if you're planning a trip to Tenerife and decide to stay somewhere else, you'll realise the extent of your mistake when you get there! This hotel is quite simply outstanding - in every sense of the word! From the moment you arrive in the grounds, to it's commanding appearance from afar.
Yes if you look for problems, you will always find them - but these people will next be complaining that the sun didn't 'set' properly! Everything you've read previously about staff falling over themselves to help you and just how polite they are is completely true. So is the Cava at check-in, the amazing views, the cleanliness of the hotel and the quiet location. A previous reviewer is completely right when he said that the so-called "dreaded hill" to the hotel wasn't all that bad! I was expecting Everest, what I got was a gradual climb not even worth mentioning (unless there's a disability to take into account.)
There must have been additional staff taken on for the peak season as all bar one day, we had no problem with the service. Bear in mind that some Spanish come down to the hotel for a treat on weekends (subject to availability of course) so it can suddenly get busier around then.
I do have two cons in my opinion. (1) Although incredibly quiet around the pool and with an assistant there to keep the noise pollution down, things got increasingly louder as our holiday progressed. I'm not a moaner, but I didn't appreciate being woken from a surprising 'nod-off' at the pool by a bunch of noisy kids shouting and screaming! (2) The Restaurants.......we stayed well clear of the buffet, as adise from previous reviews - several people we met said that it wasn't great and was very expensive. the A La Carte restaurant is a joke, seriously! The menu is highly over-elaborate and the 'proof in the pud' is that it is completely empty almost every night.
As other reviewers have said, La Caleta (best fish & Calzone in the world - about 20 min walk along beach front) and Los Cristianos (fab restaurants - about 10 min taxi ride away) are your saviours here! I could honestly go on and on about the place, but you'd be reading this article forever.
It's an unforgettable holiday and I'd be happy to give you any info you need, just drop me a line.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful hotel is located in the privileged zone in the South of Tenerife, Costa Adeje. Given it offers privileged views. It is of Colonial Canarian style, with tropical gardens and has an exquisite decoration full of harmony and elegance in each corner. Located only 500 meters from the Bahia del Duque Beach, it is in the proximity of the best Golf course on the island and is only 20 minutes from the Airport Reina Sofia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Prestigia, TravelUp, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Hotel Costa Adeje
- Seleccion La Plantacion Vincci
- La Plantacion
- Vincci La Plantacion
- Vincci Playa De Las Americas
- Vincci Plantacion
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Costa Adeje, Tenerife