All reviewsroad noiseplunge poolbedroom villaroom servicela caletagolf rangethree bedroomsquash courtday bedprivate terracenearest townfully fitted kitchenaway from the roadpure luxurywashing machineself caterice bucket
Reviewed 5 March 2009

I stayed in Villa Coral at RGV from 14th-21st February with my family. We had a wonderful stay and couldn't fault any part of it. This was my fourth visit to Tenerife and by far the best accommodation I have stayed in on the island.

The resort is very peaceful and designed in such a way that you rarely see other guests, even in public spaces (and that's despite it being fully occupied!) I'm not sure if I ever saw anyone swimming in the main infinity pool near the reception area, perhaps because all the villas have their own pools anyway.

Make sure you dine in the restaurant - a likely candidate for Tenerife's first Michelin star. We 'played' the aromas game - a tasting menu where you guess which smells have been used in the dish you are eating. Great fun!

If you're a golfer, then you'll love RGV with golf right on your doorstep. Alternatively, for those seeking a more leisurely day, I would definitely recommend having a treatment at the spa or simply enjoy the hydromassage pool at your leisure.

Although I think the accommodation was originally designed for couples, or groups of couples, it's also ideally suited for families, particularly young families. We particularly liked the fact that our children were safely enclosed on our generous balcony, providing a safe environment for them to play so long as we watched out for the pool, of course.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank altyfc
Reviewed 11 January 2009

My husband and I enjoyed our week at RGV, We had a 1 bed villa and there was some road noise. Maybe we should have asked to be moved. However it wasn't too troublesome as, when we wanted to sit in the sun, we tended to go to the main pool. This was heated and so much more agreeable than the plunge pool on our balcony.

We only used the restaurant in the morning for breakfast, which was an excellent buffet. Don't take the hot food from the buffet. Ask the chef to make fresh. The only problem we had was in getting the water hot enough to brew the tea. The restaurant staff were very obliging but their English was almost non existent. The hotel manager Fiona, a very pleasant Irish lady helped when she was there but we didn't see her for the last 3 days.

The hotel is spotlessly clean and well maintained. We walked into Caleta, the village on the coast. 35 mins downhill. We got a taxi back!

Our best evening meal was at the Voile de Blanche in Caleta. Expensive but worth it for the quality of the food and the enthusiasm of the friendly staff.

Stayed: January 2009
3  Thank christine m
Reviewed 11 November 2008

An almost perfect hotel slightly let down by location.

The hotel is a little hard to find and the surrounding area really made me nervous as to what the hotel would be like. Like much of Tenerife the Costa Adeje is about 1/3 built and hotels and apartments are intermingled with building sites and rubble.

It's hard to find fault with the hotel as a whole. Upon finding the hotel the understated entrance opened up to reveal the stunning reception and pool area (which was not crowded and indeed quite often empty of guests). We stayed in the Villa Carmen, the room consists of bedroom, lounge, kitchen and large bathroom, as well as a large balcony with plunge pool (see photo). The bedroom contained a huge bed (very comfy). The bathroom was huge with large relaxing bath. The kitchen fridge doubled as the mini-bar - very well stocked with several bottles of wine, snacks etc. The kitchen even contained a dishwasher and clothes washer. The lounge was well appointed with large TV and DVD. The balcony was a nice place to relax and I enjoyed the cold plunge poll on warm days (too cold for other half). However, the road (immediately below balcony) really inhibits the use of the balcony during the day. Motorbikes, lorries and coaches were fairly frequent, and as the area is only 1/3 developed this road is only going to get busier. However, this said we heard no noise during the night and morning.

The restaurant is highly recommended and appeared to be a much higher standard than other similar hotels and the restaurants nearby. For comparison we eat at La Hacienda (recommended by our guide book as being expensive but worth dressing for a treat) and the RGV restaurant was in a much higher league altogether. Keep an eye for the special menus, the eight course taster menu with wine was well worth trying. The portion size was just right and adjusted based on the number of courses you were having. If it's steak and chips you want - go elsewhere (there's plenty to choose from on Tenerife). Some of the dishes were on a par with Michelin Star restaurants and the atmosphere and service were high quality. Despite being expensive - give the restaurant a try, it may be the best restaurant on Tenerife.

Overall a very good hotel let down a little by it's location. We'd stay again if we went back to Tenerife.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank robinlUk
Reviewed 9 October 2008

Villas fantastic,yes road noise a problem in 1 beds however staff fantastic and understood need to move us to an even more stunning villa. Private pool and terrace now a must have! Only had breakfast in hotel however guest book had good recomendations for dinner. Taxis a bit expensive due to distance from seafront. Spa amazing. If its Tenerife this is the place.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank iajScotland
Reviewed 30 September 2008

These Villas are absolutely beautiful. The road was noisy, but not enough to spoil our honeymoon. The staff was amazing and attentive to our every need. They helped us book our tours and helped us decide were to dine out. The spa facilities were great. My husband and I both had massages and facials. We used the spa facilities which was included with our stay. The gardens were breathtaking. I would highly recommend the RGV and would return. Thank you to all for the reviews without them I would not have booked at RGV.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple