“Fantastic place to stay in Tenerife”

Royal Garden Villas
Ranked #1 of 59 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Reviewed 10 September 2009

Well, I guess everyone's different and we all look for different things but i just don't recognise the RGV that the previous reviewer describes. I was looking for a top notch, relaxing holiday with my family in Tenerife and we got it..in spades.

I don't think I've ever been to a perfect hotel/villa/campsite though i've been to quite a few i have loved, for different reasons. This ranges from 5* luxury hotels all over, to simple b+bs in Ireland, cabins in Scotland, campsites in France & outback Aus, losmens in Bali. . I could pick pick about any one of them if i tried, and the same holds true of RGV. However, i don't want to do that because i've just had such a brill holiday there. We arrived knackered and stressed and left soooo relaxed and chilled and happy.

The villas are superb, food great, people v friendly and helpful, the place is a bit mad in its decor but it works and is delightful. You can lounge all day (highly recommended) or get a vehicle and go about, whatever takes your fancy - there are some lovely places to visit on the island if you steer away from the obvious tourist traps. The chef made a wonderful meal for my bro-in-law's birthday, the occasion was magic and we had a grand party by our pool after. What's not to like!

Thanks to all at RGV, mucho appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2009
2  Thank Jules C
There are newer reviews for Royal Garden Villas

Reviewed 29 July 2009

The hotel and the rooms are very well furnished and you will feel comfortable inside them.

But the services as a hotel are almost inexistent (the community pool is less than tiny; the gym, squash and spa are just a name and the rest just doesn't exist).

Utmost, the staff is missing and when they appear is to be pesky and inquisitive: they will ask you to sign the bill BEFORE to serve !!!

Even at breakfast you get a suspicious eye unbecoming to a hotel.

The surrounding roads are very noisy even at night so this is a place to visit just once, quite overpriced.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravellingToSpain
Reviewed 27 June 2009

What a delightful place, I must admit I sat in the plane on arrival looked out and thought 'I hope this place is ok' I need not have worried! Having read the reviews and the constant mention of road noise I was a bit concerned however, I had the presence of mind to contact several members and ask ther opinions and I am so glad I did.
Found RGV with ease - thanks Max- from outside you see nothing when you arrive at the double wooden doors - when they open you enter a truly delighful setting walking over a bridge to reception. They make you feel so welcome.
We were upgraded (due to birthday,wedding aniversary I think) to Villa Lotus which was about 2 villas up from the main pool, a welcome wreath hung on the door, on entering it was just fantastic. We wandered out to the terrace to see the lights of the resorts strecthing out in the distance - I was so thankful not to have been in the midst of all that! The splash pool was a decent size with a fantastic Bali type bed with thatched roof. The upstairs balcony had a hot tub. everything is so lovely the decor and furnishing are lovely - It soon became clear to us that leaving this place to sightsee would be the last thing we would want to do. We had breakfast included which was very good, and although it was set out as continental, fresh cooked breakfast we made to order. So if you want anything just ask. We also had room service and ate on the terrace.
One of our favourite things had to be the unlimited us of the spa, it was so peaceful, also I loved the infinity pool area near reception, never once did I see anyone there, I would have a leisurely swim then return to our terrace just heaven.
To conclude, if you want to visit this area of Tenerife and you don't like the crowds this is the place, a hire car we felt was a great advantage. I must admit its 25 years since last visited and the only thing that will get me back and yes I will be going back is Royal Garden Villas. I surpose I have to address the traffic noise, it did not bother me, I think the reviewers that mentioned it had naturally highlighted the idea in my mind, we also had a water feature on the pool and when this was running all you heard was the water and ripples. If I am honest I do feel that certain villas may experience more noise, but if I had taken all the comments to heart I would not have gone to this lovely place and had such a delightful stay.
I am sure this place may not be for everyone taste but for me it was just perfect - a lovely place to relax and chill and be made to feel welcome, and as previously said you feel like you are the only ones there. The owners and management are to be appauled on the concept and running of this place - it was outstanding.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jaytraveller
Reviewed 8 June 2009

Second visit at RGV for first week June09. "Villa Aqua" was as beautifully furnished as last one we stayed at. Service was impeccible yet you feel like you are the only person on the resort. I had read various compliants about road noice, but as previously didn't find this as problem in the slightest. On our departure asked my wife casually my wwhat did she think about the road noise and she said hadn't noticed anything significant.

Would recommend this place to anytone wanting a luxuary relaxing hide away.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2009

We must say that this hotel is one off the best we ever had stay in.
Breakfast is very good and staff is very helpful. We loved it
"Katina" (Greek name) the receptionist was so sweet... <3

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2009

Visted here in Jan 09 for a bit of sun and was looking for the best this island had to offer, Royal Garden Villa's on paper were the best you could get for your Euro's.
Booked 10 days at 350 euro a night and the flights with Monach, the flights were flights and good value. The car hire with red car I think was good value until I had to pay an extra 50 Euro for extra insurance..... not such good value. We were upgraded to a two bedroom villa, very pretty and normally 500 Euro a night, to look at this villa was so so pretty and amazing, the service of the villa was below par with a few of the evening information leaflets being in German ...... i'm English. So five star they maybe on paper, but to be honest they have a 5 star look with a 2 star service. The road noise is a problem, if you are in the bottom villa's then I think this would be a problem.

I say do not stay here, it is a waste of cash......

There is one thing that I would say was truthly amazing and that would be the food .......... the chef is great, the food clever and very big in flavour, go for the tasting menu as you get wine with the food and thats not cheap rubbish wine, but wine that has been selected for the dish.

Food and Restaurant amazing, Villa's pretty to look at, but NOT worth 5 star money, visit Melia Bali if you would like 5 star treatment and thats less then 5 star money.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dannyrcollins
Reviewed 14 March 2009

Have not been to Tenerife for about 12 years and just wanted some winter sun without travelling too far.

Having stayed in the rather commercialised Puerto Colon area previously, certainly did not want to be there or in Las Americas or Los Cristianos.

Royal Garden Villas is perfect, located opposite the Costa Adeje Golf Club, up the hill from La Caleta, which is a small fishing village with about a dozen restaurants.

The property is fantastic, the villas are decorated to a very high standard with large balcony with plunge pool. The public areas are quiet and adorned with many beautiful fountains and lanterns giving it a very asian/morocccan feel.

Service is excellent, without being over the top or obtrusive. The spa is a must for relaxing and using the thermal circuit. Breakfast is included and provides an excellent start to the day.

Private underground parking is free. A car is essential to get around

All in all, we would highly recommend the property for a lovely relaxing holiday .... Las Americas/Los Cristanos and Los Gigantes are about 20 mins by car and Costa Adeje is about 5 mins and these are the more lively places if you feel the need

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Hotel Suite Villa Maria
#3 of 59 in Costa Adeje
Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles
Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden
Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Sp...
#2 of 81 in Puerto de la Cruz
Baobab Suites
Baobab Suites
#7 of 59 in Costa Adeje
Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa

Been to Royal Garden Villas? Share your experiences!